Bug - Fixed Missing environment info for many locations

Bale

Minion
Locations that are still unchecked: (This list is kept up to date with current updates.)
  • The Temple Portico

I'll try to fill more of those in when I have a chance in a few days. Just ascended today. Bad timing.

The Valley of Rof L'm Fao
environment should be: outdoor

Currently:
Code:
> ash my_location()

Returned: The Valley of Rof L'm Fao
nocombats => false
zone => Mountain
parent => Mountain
parentdesc => Big Mountains
environment => unknown
bounty => sammich crust
combat_queue => 1335 HaXx0r; Flaming Troll; Lamz0r N00b; XXX pr0n
noncombat_queue => The Florist Friar's Cottage

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
12330. It seems weird to have it called a bug when the purpose of "unknown" is "this needs updating to a real value", but then I'm not sure what it should be labeled as instead out the available choices. I actually assumed people would be more eager to have this stuff be complete and someone would throw together the script to check this out. Here are all of the $location.environment == "unknown" locations that are still accessible.

Video Game Level 1
Video Game Level 2
Video Game Level 3
A Barroom Brawl
White Citadel
A Well-Groomed Lawn
Medbay
Waste Processing
Sonar
Science Lab
Morgue
Special Ops
Engineering
Navigation
Galley
Mine Foremens' Office
The Broodling Grounds
The Outer Compound
The Temple Portico
Outside the Club
The Barracks
Bugbear Pens
The Spooky Gravy Barrow
Post-Quest Bugbear Pens
Thugnderdome
Heartbreaker's Hotel
El Vibrato Island
The Primordial Soup
Seaside Megalopolis
Small-O-Fier
Huge-A-Ma-tron
Chapel
Kegger in the Woods
Electric Lemonade Acid Parade
Yuletide Bonfire
Arrrboretum
A Grocery Bag
The Tower of Procedurally-Generated Skeletons
The Old Man's Bathtime Adventures

Cool12309

According to the wiki, the 3 video game levels are indoors (I can confirm level 1 is indoors)
barroom brawl is indoors
Not sure what you meant by white citadel but the road to there is outdoors
pre-quest bugbear pen is outdoors
el vibrato island is underground (o.o)

Bale

Minion
I just verified that $location[White Citadel] is wrong and needs to become $location[The Road to White Citadel]
Crowther (in next post) verified $location[The Barracks] should be $location[The Island Barracks]

Cool12309 (several posts down) teaches us:
Huge-A-Ma-Tron should be $location[Professor Jacking's Huge-A-Ma-Tron]
Small-O-Fier should be $location[Professor Jacking's Small-O-Fier]

Last edited:

Crowther

Ah, Thugnderdome! Nothing brightens up an indoor space like some plants, I always say.
Ah, The Island Barracks! Nothing brightens up an indoor space like some plants, I always say.

No surprises there, but something is better than nothing.

Bale

Minion
Crowther, thanks, but you were mistaken about the lack of a surprise. You just told us that $location[The Barracks] should be $location[The Island Barracks].

I edited that information into the previous post.

Edit: If nobody has Electric Lemonade Acid Parade or Kegger in the Woods available, I will buy those in a couple of days to get the information. I guess it won't hurt me to get those factoids while I'm at it since there are no bosses to compel me to do them twice more. So they can be left to me.

Last edited:

Cool12309

Already had a map, so decided to spare someone 300k or whatever they cost
Ah, Professor Jacking's Huge-A-Ma-Tron! Nothing brightens up an indoor space like some plants, I always say.
Ah, Professor Jacking's Small-O-Fier! Nothing brightens up an indoor space like some plants, I always say.

Bale

Minion
Ah, The Primordial Soup! I have a number of species that thrive in outdoor environments!
Ah, Seaside Megalopolis! Nothing brightens up an indoor space like some plants, I always say.

Already had a map, so decided to spare someone 300k or whatever they cost

Only 130K, but I would have had to buy three of them since I hate having 1 factoid for a boss. I'm glad Netback Crick is known because that one is 1,500,000 meat. And it has a boss monster.

Last edited:

Crowther

Crowther, thanks, but you were mistaken about the lack of a surprise. You just told us that $location[The Barracks] should be $location[The Island Barracks].
Oh, right. I was going to point that out, but got distracted while posting and forgot when I got back to it.

Bale

Minion
I have moved the giant table of missing environment information to the first post for the sake of helpfulness. Lots of great information there.

Bale

Minion
Ah, Kegger in the Woods! I have a number of species that thrive in outdoor environments!
Ah, The Electric Lemonade Acid Parade! I have a number of species that thrive in outdoor environments!
Ah, A Grocery Bag! Nothing brightens up an indoor space like some plants, I always say.

Bale

Minion
Ah, The Bugbear Pen! I have a number of species that thrive in outdoor environments!
Dangit! The name need to be updated. Adding to the chart.

Ah, The Spooky Gravy Barrow! These varieties will love the dank, deep, dark conditions there.

After the quest...
Ah, The Bugbear Pen! I have a number of species that thrive in outdoor environments!
Environment unchanged.

Bale

Minion
I'd suggest updating the pre-quest version, since plants cannot affect the post-quest one, an all non-combat zone.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
12335 added everything noted in the chart, except Bugbear Pens because KoL uses the same name for two locations.

I'd suggest updating the pre-quest version, since plants cannot affect the post-quest one, an all non-combat zone.
It isn't hard to get combats in an all-noncombat zone.

Bale

Minion
12335 added everything noted in the chart, except Bugbear Pens because KoL uses the same name for two locations.

For clarification purposes, I'm going to remove those items from the chart above. For archival purposes, here are the locations you just fixed:

Correct KoL LocationenvironmentErroneous KoLmafia Name
Video Game Level 1indoor
Video Game Level 2indoor
Video Game Level 3indoor
A Barroom Brawlindoor
The Road to White CitadeloutdoorWhite Citadel
Outside the Cluboutdoor
The Island BarracksindoorThe Barracks
The Bugbear PenoutdoorBugbear Pen
The Spooky Gravy Barrowunderground
Post-Quest Bugbear Pensoutdoor
Thugnderdomeindoor
El Vibrato Islandunderground
The Primordial Soupoutdoor
Seaside Megalopolisindoor
Professor Jacking's Small-O-FierindoorSmall-O-Fier
Professor Jacking's Huge-A-Ma-TronindoorHuge-A-Ma-Tron
Kegger in the Woodsoutdoor
The Electric Lemonade Acid ParadeoutdoorElectric Lemonade Acid Parade
A Grocery Bagindoor
I'll try to fill more of those in when I have a chance in a few days. Just ascended today. Bad timing.