Bug - Confirmed Maximizer didn't equip a weapon

SLOT WEAPON
[(none) (4,318), toy accordion (4,318), antique accordion (4,318)]

What that line is telling me, I think, is that it does not matter whether no weapon is equipped, a toy accordion is equipped or an antique accordion is equipped. I'd bet that, since the choice does not effect the score the maximizer just picks the first one, hence no weapon. I need to check that.

Ah! Actually, I was wrong. It went back to adventuring unarmed until I got the antique machete to clear the Hidden City dense lianas and after that it kept the machete equipped.
OK. There are times when the maximizer string is built to favor keeping existing equipment if swapping it out doesn't increase the score. That might be what is going on in this case.

Not wanting to gum this thread up with up with the thoughts of, let me stress this again, a very ignorant person - but in my first post, there were better options in the ACCESSORY2 and STICKER3 slots, but they didn't seem to have been considered. I wonder what output the maximiser is looking at. Just the WEAPON slot?
Hi! Passing ignoramus here, who's interested in and (mildly) affected by this issue.

First of all, thank you for taking time out of your day to think about this. I really appreciate that you are.

I'm in a standard HC Sauceror run. Here's what I see (with boldface added by me). As an ignoramus, I don't understand what the relevance of STICKER3 slot vs the WEAPON slot is, but in an ideal world I'd like Maximiser to equip one of the spell damage weapons, and the numbers for them are higher than being unarmed. Heck, I'd even be happy with it equipping one of the melee weapons so I could stab things more effectively if I had to, and I'm not clear why they're rated equal to being unarmed. Deciding to wield the turtle totem of all things, then straight away taking off seems (again, to me - an ignoramus) to be an odd choice.

Not wanting to gum this thread up with up with the thoughts of, let me stress this again, a very ignorant person - but in my first post, there were better options in the ACCESSORY2 and STICKER3 slots, but they didn't seem to have been considered. I wonder what output the maximiser is looking at. Just the WEAPON slot?
Consider adding dump or 2 dump to the maximizer string that is not selecting what you think it should. The road to understanding begins there.

Most of the time someone says the maximizer can do "better" they are thinking of a factor that is not better or considered with the maximizer string that they are using and the string needs to be modified so the user and the maximizer have better agreement about what "better" actually means.

Back