Make.meat.fast

Winterbay

Do these locations make as much meat per adventure as Barf Mountain farming? (2700-3000 mpa)

Given that I have access to no Airports I have no idea, but I am fairly certain that buying daypasses is not handled by the script and as such it won't even try.

Theraze

Could throw in exceptions for weird-farming things, but would definitely need more specific info.

The biggest 'need' for the script to be more accurate is non-combat info. Currently, there is one zone with noncombat meat info - which is wrong. :) You are no longer guaranteed candles at the top of the castle, so it should not consider all noncombats to have that value. Would be nice if the mafia project to add all of the NC info from years ago had ever gotten off the ground, but... ah well. At least zones with reliable NC options should be added to the script. Zones where it can vary should either be skipped or averaged. Zones where the reward is not guaranteed and your choice can be picked should potentially set the best farming object automatically, if the zone is selected. For example, the Black Forest NC is entirely selectable and, depending on specific desires and other scripts used, may be adjusted automatically already.

The second biggest improvement would be fixing the sea. As it stands, it looks like it might double-subtract depth penalties. It doesn't look like it has any awareness of the newer IOTM underwater locations, either. It would be much better if we used speculative what-ifs to get the accurate depth penalties out of mafia directly, especially as that could consider methods of alleviating the depth penalties, if we desired to add that.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Why aren't you guaranteed candles at the top of the castle? You can get from any noncombat to the goth giant noncombat, after you've finished the trash quest.

You can also just use set_location(loc), and that'll have Mafia apply things like ML for slime tube or various penalties for the zone. Might be a reasonable feature request for Mafia to factor penalties into item_drop_modifier() etc.

Theraze

Because candles require you to have specific choices set. And we don't test against how your choices are done, we just claim that you'll get the candles everytime regardless of your choices, whether or not that happens to be your best farming choice.

Bale

Minion
Given that I have access to no Airports I have no idea, but I am fairly certain that buying daypasses is not handled by the script and as such it won't even try.

I wasn't suggesting that it buy daypasses. (135K is a good bit of overhead.) I was just wondering if it was doing anything that compares to how I waste turns lately. Since I dislike pure meat farming I was wondering if there was an alternative that was at least close.

Last edited:

Theraze

Well, the script looks at any zone that's available according to CA and compares both item and meat values, with both sides of maximization speculations. It SHOULD give results as accurate as you can get manually farming, with the only difference being using special items, or noncombats that aren't known.

xKiv

Also, iirc, you can always choose to fight a goth giant in that noncombat. Which is worth as much as a goth giant, which should be much more that some candles.
This also means that it's better to run +NC there, because that increases goth giants and decreases the worse giants.

Theraze

My multi is generally running around in the sea. Although lately without eating sushi which is an interesting one...

The joy of suddenly having 3 different conversations explode at once. Anyways, this was probably tied into what I mentioned in 735, where the script was checking for Underwater zones instead of underwater zones, which are not the same with mafia's new case awareness. If you were using the latest svn build, it should have been fixed by the time you posted that message...

Winterbay

The joy of suddenly having 3 different conversations explode at once. Anyways, this was probably tied into what I mentioned in 735, where the script was checking for Underwater zones instead of underwater zones, which are not the same with mafia's new case awareness. If you were using the latest svn build, it should have been fixed by the time you posted that message...

I very probably wasn't so that may very well have been the case :)

Big Money Sylvia

I thought this was a problem with CanAdv, but it still happens after that script was updated:
Code:
Considering The SMOOCH Army HQ: 
zlib reports that The SMOOCH Army HQ is unsafe to adventure in based on your 'threshold' setting.
Considering The Velvet / Gold Mine: 
Unknown location: The Velvet / Gold Mine (zone: That 70s Volcano)
Please report this missing location here: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=2027
can_adv reports that The Velvet / Gold Mine is unadventure-able.
Considering LavaCo™ Lamp Factory: 
Unknown location: LavaCo™ Lamp Factory (zone: That 70s Volcano)
Please report this missing location here: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=2027
can_adv reports that LavaCo™ Lamp Factory is unadventure-able.
Considering The Bubblin' Caldera: 
Unknown location: The Bubblin' Caldera (zone: That 70s Volcano)
can_adv reports that The Bubblin' Caldera is unadventure-able.
Considering The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining): 
Unknown location: The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining) (zone: That 70s Volcano)
can_adv reports that The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining) is unadventure-able.
(Feature request: I'd like if the script considered+suggested mining. I know there's no built-in automatic mining in kolmafia yet, though.)

Theraze

Actually, no.
> ash import <canadv.ash> can_adv($location[The Bubblin' Caldera])

Returned: false
See the lack of unknown location message? Your CanAdv is still not updated. Try again.

Big Money Sylvia

Code:
No existing project named therazekolmafia-canadv. Did you mean to do "checkout" instead of "update"?
Done.
Huh.
I could remove+reinstall CanAdv (rev 67), but it still can't handle these zones. Seems like I've got an issue with updating/the script manager in general.

Theraze

Made some tweaks for various improvements. Basically, better drop-through on adventuring failure (pick next zone rather than aborting) as well as fixing when the 'best' familiar was getting skipped and when it decided to use familiars that don't actually work in zones.

Hopefully this should mean less days when I randomly find 200 adventures on my character for no good reason rather than the 100 that I expect from rollover.

Leown

I keep getting an error saying
Bad location value: "The X-32-F Combat Training Snowman" (canadv.ash, line 353)
I added the location to the list of areas being skipped but it didn't help. How would I fix this?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I keep getting an error saying
Bad location value: "The X-32-F Combat Training Snowman" (canadv.ash, line 353)
I added the location to the list of areas being skipped but it didn't help. How would I fix this?

It looks like you haven't updated mafia in a few months.

This script might benefit from using since to tell people to update.

Theraze

Actually based on that message, the since should go into canadv, not farm. Since farm just parses through all zones for availability without a static listing, it doesn't actually need to be updated when a new zone is added to mafia.

But yes, I'll start asking for revision numbers on canadv zone updates in the future when I remember.

Theraze

I've added a new feature to Farm - custom item handling scripts. I do some slightly odd things with items to avoid using them in-run, such as auto-closeting certain items always after combat and closeting anything which is already in the closet for consistency. If I'd farm mojo filters, for example, I'd end up not selling them because they're all in my closet. That's not useful.

If you set farm_itemScript to a script name, it will run "call <scriptname> item" before it runs the autosell/mallsell on the item during the disposal period. My customItem script pulls all but 5 of my normal closeted items and all but 1 of my troublesome items, so that they can be disposed of properly and I can make a better profit.

Let me know if you have any questions about this. It's been lightly tested - I ran it against one of my characters yesterday and it worked fine, so I don't expect there to be any other issues with it.

So I just started trying this script out of curiosity and it keeps saying the best thing to farm is Barf tourist families which seems weird and wrong. That and it keeps saying certain places are unsafe due to my threshold setting even though they really shouldn't be.

I'm not sure if I'm dumb or missing something.