libramBurn: Summon libram items to burn MP between battles, for profit!

fxer

Any reason you burn some of your advs outside of Mafia? I went the route of putting my Mafia folder in my Dropbox so I could run it from multiple computers

fxer

Released v0.96.1 which added a libram_profit() function that will return the approx value of your libram summons for today. Currently only calculates dice and divine favor values, I'll add the others soon though. This update was just so I could further envy people who picked up a Gygax :/

The function doesn't actually calculate value on the specific items you have summoned (which would require paring the whole session text I assume?), but rather their average value.

Dice: Averages value of all 6 possible dice summons, then multiplies that average by the total number of summons cast

Party favors: Assumes you can only summon 6 rares a day (wiki spading suggests this is true-ish?), and assume it takes 42 summons to get those 6. This means it assumes every 7th summon is a rare, I could possibly change this to a formula for the diminishing possibility of a rare, but this assumption is serviceable for now. The function then averages the price of the 3 commons together, and the price of the 3 rares together, and multiplies according to your summon count to determine profit.

fxer

Went the extra mile and updated the script to calculate total profit based on exactly what you have summoned, no more averages or estimates. Works for all 5 librams, also changed output format to only display librams you have actually used today:

Libram Summons: [Casts: 65] [Profit: 575,626 meat] --- [Dice: 65]

damn you Gygax!

Last edited:

fxer

Added the Libram of Resolutions, don't forget to set whatever you were summoning to false and:

zlib libramburn_summonresolutions = true

EDIT: I might also throw in that the new variable won't exist until the first run of libramBurn, so the setting above only works after the script is called once.

1) Set old libram you are summoning to 'false'
2) Call libramBurn and it gives an error about 'no librams selected'
3) zlib libramburn_summonresolutions = true
4) Profit

Last edited:

linguinelad

help

Hello. I can't seem to get the libramburn script to work anymore. These are my settings.

zlib automcd = true
zlib defaultoutfit = current
zlib is_100_run = none
zlib libramburn_minmp = 150
zlib libramburn_summonbrickos = false
zlib libramburn_summondice = false
zlib libramburn_summonfavors = false
zlib libramburn_summonhearts = false
zlib libramburn_summoninhc = false
zlib libramburn_summonresolutions = false
zlib libramburn_summonsongs = true
zlib threshold = 4
zlib unknown_ml = 170
zlib vamp_do_isabellas = true
zlib vamp_do_masq = true
zlib vamp_do_vlads = false
zlib vamp_isabellas_goal = main
zlib vamp_masq_goal = prince
zlib vamp_masq_stat = main
zlib vamp_vlads_goal = weapon damage
zlib verbosity = 3

It used to work just fine, but not it doesn't anymore. How do I get it working again?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
"get betweenBattleScript" and see what's listed. I'm guessing he wants to make sure that libramburn is still set to run.

Bale

Minion
That means you don't have a between battle script. Please read the instructions in the first post so that you can set this script as your between battle script. Otherwise it won't do anything.

linguinelad

it works!

That means you don't have a between battle script. Please read the instructions in the first post so that you can set this script as your between battle script. Otherwise it won't do anything.

Hey it works! Thanks Bale!

That was weird. I wonder how my between battle script got reset like that because it used to work fine before.

Tipmon

Hey, I just downloaded this and am currently calling it from my current betweenbattlescript but it seems to not be working with telling me how much mana I need before the next summon...

PS - Right in the middle of this post I realized what might work and I fixed it. I went to the vars_charname.txt and changed the verbosity(or whatever) to 4 and it started printing this! I wanted to post this so if anyone runs into this then they will know how to fix it!

fxer

Rewrote most of the script so I would be less embarrassed by the code. Hopefully it executes a bit faster as a bonus. Should be a drop in replacement for the existing version of libramBurn so let me know if you find anything wrong

Fluxxdog

Wasn't quite drop in for me, but I used some variables defined in the old script. A little adjustment on my part and it seems to work great. Kudos ^^

Tipmon

Awesome, I was getting afraid that this script would soon be outdated with the last update over a year ago. Needless to say, I am very pleased, thanks for the awesome script!

fxer

Wasn't quite drop in for me, but I used some variables defined in the old script. A little adjustment on my part and it seems to work great. Kudos ^^

Which variables gave you a problem Fluxxdog? v2 should be using all the same ones...

Fluxxdog

The line I had before was:
Code:
if(max_libram_summon()>0 && (summonHearts || summonFavors || summonSongs || summonBrickos || summonDice || summonResolutions)){
	save_mana(); summon_libram();}
max_libram_summon() was changed to max_casts() and the summonWhatever flags were folded in to their various libram_record.useLibram records. I've updated my code with:
Code:
if(max_casts()>0 && next_summon_mp() > 0){
	save_mana($skill[Summon Hearts]); libramBurn();}
This works just as well as max_casts() checks for MP like before and next_summon_mp() works for checking if I have any skills.

Essentially, I was using the script in a more exacting manner to work with other scripts I have. I don't think you quite intended it to be used that way, but I like playing with my toys, breaking them, and putting them back together. Not always in some horrible configuration like gluing a G.I Joe head to my My Little Pony, but sometimes ^^

Last edited:

fxer

ahh yeah I changed the names of some of the helper functions, didn't know people had those integrated so deep into their own scripts :) Good to know Fluxxdog, thanks for the reply

valys

I've been using this script for a few months, and it's wonderful! I've been having a recurring bug, though. Every once in a while, for no apparent reason, the script will apparently forego the requirement that there be a certain amount of mana to try casting. I get the error, "Not enough mana to cast Summon Love Song." Previously, it seemed to fix itself after a few days, but this time it's different, because it stops my autoadventuring every adventure, regardless of how much mana I have.

For example, if I have 3,000MP and Love Songs are about 1,200MP each, the script will summon two songs and then throw the error instead of continuing to the next adventure.

I've tried deleting, redownloading and resetting the script, but the problem persists. I even changed the minimum MP from the default of 150 to 42. I noticed that Tipmon upthread had a similar issue, but I'm not versed enough in coding scripts to be able to follow his instructions (couldn't find vars_valys.txt). Trying slyz' command returned, "No setting named 'preference' exists."

Help!

EDIT:

So, doing what I should've done right away and getting the latest Mafia build seems to have fixed it. Kind of embarrassing, but hey, it works!

Last edited: