Hardcore Checklist -- sequential required item getter/notifier

zarqon

@Anarion: thanks for the heads-up. I've added that change to checklist.txt.

In the future, any such helpful edits to checklist.txt can be made by anyone here!

icdmize

New Zlib breaks this script.

As of 7.25.09 upon running I receive the following error message:

Unknown variable 'threshold' (Checklist.ash, line 111)

Anyone know of a fix?

Last edited:

zarqon

Yes. Download the new Checklist.ash, just posted. I broke all my scripts today with an update to ZLib, and am now going around posting the updated versions of all my scripts.

icdmize

Hey found some typos in the latest checklist.ash

Lines 91 and 136 say checkist_info_only instead of checklist_info_only.

Thanks again.

zarqon

Haha, proliferating typos. Fixed, and you may delete the "checkist_info_only" setting from your vars_myname.txt file.

Sputnik1

For some weird reason the script wont run even though i have the set to false

Internal checkpoint created.
Loading checklist...
Checklist loaded (109 steps).
Checking for items...
Step 2: procure 1 bum cheek from sleazy back alley (safemox: 8)
Conditions list cleared.
Not adventuring. Set 'info_only' to false if you want to adventure.

setvar("checklist_get_ns_items",false);
setvar("checklist_get_servants",true);
setvar("checklist_info_only",false);
setvar("automcd",true);

Can anyone tell me what ive done wrong?

zarqon

By editing the script, you only changed the initialization value. Which means that if you didn't already have that variable in your vars_myname.txt file, it would use that value. However, evidently you do already have that variable saved, so it uses your saved value rather than the initialization value contained in the script. To edit these settings, you need to change the value in your vars_myname.txt file, which appeared in your scripts directory the first time you ran a script containing ZLib 3 or later.

Darkuwa

When it tries to get the pirate fledges its says it cant and instead of aborting the script it crashes mafia.

malosavich

This script is seriously usefull, but for some reason, this ascention, it keeps searching for the Untinkers screwdriver even though it's allready found it... Does anyone know why this is? Or how I can force it to skip a step?

Thanks in advance,
Nocturin

zarqon

@Darkuwa: Yes, that is a problem with CanAdv -- should be fixed in the next update to CanAdv.

@malosavich: The script is checking for the text "Untinker" on the Untinker's page. Do you have anything which can be untinkered? Check the page at town_right.php?place=untinker and see if the word "Untinker" appears. If not, that's a bug that needs fixing.

tgetgel

Nice Work, Zargon!

I finished the MacGuffin quest before running this script. I have the Holy MacGuffin, but the script keeps looking for a carved wooden wheel from the upper chamber in the pyramid. Since this is a one-time drop, the script will never get past step 107.

Could you please add a check for the completion of the Holy MacGuffin quest to flag completion of this step?

Also, it needs a check for the capability to create the star items of step 104 before adventuring there (lines, stars and star charts).

Last edited:

Sputnik1

great script, but I was wondering why you repeat the acquire smart skull and disembodied brain steps? Just figured it would be easier if you just said to acquire three of each instead of 1 of each three times.

zarqon

@tgetgel: Honestly, I generally only run this script up through level 8 or so, after that the quests are either really simple or I have a big script that runs them. I'll look into fixing that.

@Sputty: I think it's because whether or not to get each skull is based on a separate check (have_maid, have_bart, etc).

Spiny

I thought I'd take a peek at this for my HCBM account because I've been hopping around a lot more than usual... note that I keep mafia prerences set NOT to buy from mall or npcs, so retrieve_item/acquire only serves to inform me what is being looked for.... as such, when I ran it, I was advised that I needed gum on a string and a worthless item. For what? I have no idea. Island's already open, LEW is made, no clovers in BM. I'm baffled as to why the script thinks I need a worthless item (in info only mode).

-Spiny

zarqon

It's probably trying to make your meatcar. I suspect that you have untinkered it. I added a check to the latest update that will check your questlog before mistakenly building a second meatcar.

Spiny

It's probably trying to make your meatcar. I suspect that you have untinkered it. I added a check to the latest update that will check your questlog before mistakenly building a second meatcar.

Yeah my meatcar has long since been converted to a meat maid :D I grabbed the latest version and I'll check it out in the near future and see if I make any progress.

Thanks,
-Spiny

OT: any thoughts on my post in Wossname thread from the other day?

ziz

Here's a patch that I use (against 1.2.5, even!):

Adds checklist_dive_for_third, to specify if you want to dive or zap your third key (I almost always zap mine)
Adds checklist_print_all, so if you're in info_only mode the checklist won't stop with the /next/ step you need, but will go on to tell you everything you need. I added this because I'm almost always missing one or two dungeon potions, since I use the healing ones...

Attachments

• checklist.patch
    9.4 KB · Views: 30