Hardcore Checklist -- sequential required item getter/notifier

Spiny

Here's a patch that I use (against 1.2.5, even!):

Adds checklist_dive_for_third, to specify if you want to dive or zap your third key (I almost always zap mine)
Adds checklist_print_all, so if you're in info_only mode the checklist won't stop with the /next/ step you need, but will go on to tell you everything you need. I added this because I'm almost always missing one or two dungeon potions, since I use the healing ones...

Thanks for the patch, that's cool.

Zarqon: You were right about the script looking for bitchin' meatcar... the script should not have been however. The reason it was looking for it was due to this part:

Code:
!contains_text(s,"built a new meatcar"))

While the item in fact is bitchin' meatcar, the quest log states:

My Other Car Is Made of Meat
You've built a new meat car from parts. Impressive!

Adding a space to change meatcar to meat car in that line of code stopped the script from wanting to create a meatcar.

Just a side-note, I'm a little surprised that, in info only mode, the script wanted to create anything at all. It may just be this particular thing, but I'll look over the script more closely to make sure that's the case.

-Spiny

zarqon

@ziz: Some good ideas. I'll put the diving preference into the script, but don't think I'll make it a vars setting. Those take memory in every ZLib-empowered script, and that's the type of setting that is probably per-user rather than per-character. I'm open to persuasion, however.

The listing all idea is useful. I think an in-script variable (again, not script setting) for number of checklist items to show in info mode would do the trick nicely.

Will try to work these into the next update.

@Spiny: I never use info-only mode, so the script is definitely geared more towards the automation side of things. If you find other things that should be turned off/restricted in info-only mode, let me know. I'm starting my first BM run now and will be using this script so we may find some BM-sensitive things to fix as well.

The meatcar text was taken directly from the checklist data file. It appears someone has already fixed those data file errors (perhaps yourself) (yay Map Manager), so I've added the space in the script, but didn't bump the version number. Hoping the 11 downloaders of 1.2.5 besides us aren't inconvenienced by that space not being there (or that they read this and update).

ziz

Per-user is fine by me on both of those.

Glad you like my ideas, it's always nice to be able to give a little back.

Darkuwa

Between every adventure it tries to go back and do the guild tasks again even though they are already complete.

Sputnik1

the script keeps trying to adventure in guano junction to get loose teeth, even though i already have the bone rattle. fix?

zarqon

Please note the big red warning in the first post.

That said, we can probably add a haveitem check for that step.

Sputnik1

I understand...

Also would there be a way for the script to check to see if you have the item in your closet, because by using MrEdge's inventory control script all the NS items and important ascend items are placed within the closet. so the ruby W step keeps getting repeated since it doesn't recognize it in the closet

Spiny

Observations from today running v1.2.5 with ziz's patch in info-only mode:

Code:
 > You already have all three daily dungeon keys.
> Loading checklist...
> Checklist loaded (112 steps).
> Checking for items...
 > Step 57: procure 1 milky potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
 > Step 83: procure 1 frigid ninja stars from ninja snowmen (safemox: 97)
 > Step 84: procure 1 fancy bath salts from haunted bathroom (safemox: 107)
 > Step 86: procure 1 barrrnacle from f'c'le (safemox: 107)
 > Step 95: procure 1 black pepper from black forest (safemox: 140)
 > Step 99: procure 1 furry fur from castle (safemox: 152)
 > Step 100: procure 1 awful poetry journal from castle (safemox: 152)
 > Step 107: procure 1 richard's star key from hole in the sky (safemox: 175)
 > Step 108: procure 1 star hat from hole in the sky (safemox: 175)
 > Step 109: procure 1 star crossbow from hole in the sky (safemox: 175)
 > Step 110: procure 1 carved wooden wheel from upper chamber (safemox: 177)
 > Step 111: procure 1 powdered organs from upper chamber (safemox: 177)

While it's true that I no longer have a milky potion, milky potion has been id'd by mafia to be a heal potion and as such should no longer be necessary.

Also, the hole in the sky has already been unlocked, so furry fur and awful poetry journal should no longer be required.

halfvoid

Could i request a feature for those with the meat but not the adventures who just want the script to buy all the required items before a softcore ascension just to have it in storage to pull out when needed?

zarqon

@ziz: Ok, both of your ideas have been added. The number of steps to show in info-only mode is just a variable in the script, but "checklist_dive_for_third" is now a script setting.

@Spiny: Thanks for the feedback. The script should now skip identified healing potions, as well as castle map items if you have an intragalactic rowboat.

@halfvoid: In that case, you would want a different list. This checklist has all the necessary pieces of items, but for that kind of thing you would want the complete items. I know there have been other scripts posted that prepare for ascension, buying necessary items, making key lime pies, etc. You should search around for an optimal solution. Trying to adapt this script to that purpose would be clunky.

Spiny

Ok I ran the latest version. Still in info mode.

The check for the intergalactic rowboat seems alright. I think the DoD potion logic needs a little more... and perhaps I should have been more clear to start...

My currently id'd DoD potions are as follows:

Code:
> bang

milky: healing
swirly:
bubbly: teleportitis
smoky: confusion
cloudy:
effervescent: blessing
fizzy:
dark: ettin strength
murky:

Of these potions, the only potion I did not have on hand when I ran the script yesterday was the healing potion. The rest were on hand. So the heal potion was triggered by the script as being needed. My post here was to state that a known healing potion should no longer be in the list regardless of possession because it is not needed at the gates.

Sure enough with the new version, as you said, the script is no longer looking for the known heal potions. I think this needs to go a step further to this effect:

While no DoD potions are id'd, assume one needs them all. As they become id'd, they should be removed from the necessary list of items UNLESS they are known to be possible gate test potions: object detection, blessing, ettin strength, teleportitis and mental acuity. In this case one should always have at least one of them. The rest can be eliminated from the list. To test to see if this is the current script behavior, I put all my DoD potions into the closet, then ran it again.

Initial test, with all potions except for milky = heal potion on hand:
Code:
> call Checklist_new.ash

Sending kmail to Zarqon...
Checking for updates (running ZLib ver. : 5)...
_version_zlib => : 5
Checking for updates (running Hardcore Checklist ver. 1.2.6)...
_version_checklist => 1.2.6
Internal checkpoint created.
You already have all three daily dungeon keys.
Loading checklist...
Updating checklist.txt from '2009-09-15T01:28:24-05:00' to '2009-09-18T23:59:41-05:00'...
checklist.txt => 2009-09-18T23:59:41-05:00
...checklist.txt updated.
Checklist loaded (112 steps).
Checking for items...

Visiting the pretentious artist
Step 83: procure 1 frigid ninja stars from ninja snowmen (safemox: 97)
Step 84: procure 1 fancy bath salts from haunted bathroom (safemox: 107)
Step 86: procure 1 barrrnacle from f'c'le (safemox: 107)
Step 95: procure 1 black pepper from black forest (safemox: 140)
Step 107: procure 1 richard's star key from hole in the sky (safemox: 175)
Step 108: procure 1 star hat from hole in the sky (safemox: 175)
Step 109: procure 1 star crossbow from hole in the sky (safemox: 175)
Step 110: procure 1 carved wooden wheel from upper chamber (safemox: 177)
Step 111: procure 1 powdered organs from upper chamber (safemox: 177)
All steps clear!

After putting my potions into closet:
Code:
> call Checklist_new.ash

Loading checklist...
Checking for items...

Visiting the pretentious artist
Step 52: procure 1 bubbly potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 53: procure 1 cloudy potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 54: procure 1 dark potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 55: procure 1 effervescent potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 56: procure 1 fizzy potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 58: procure 1 murky potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 59: procure 1 smoky potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 60: procure 1 swirly potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 83: procure 1 frigid ninja stars from ninja snowmen (safemox: 97)
Step 84: procure 1 fancy bath salts from haunted bathroom (safemox: 107)
Not adventuring. Set 'checklist_info_only' to false (in your vars_myname.txt file) if you want to adventure.

My list of known potions isn't a great example list but I see it is looking for smoky which is known to be confusion, so I'm guessing the expected behavior isn't fully implemented at present.

Potions that were shifted to closet between tests:

Code:
bubbly potion of teleportitis (7)
cloudy potion
dark potion of ettin strength
effervescent potion of blessing (4)
fizzy potion (4)
murky potion
smoky potion of confusion (5)
swirly potion (3)

Another note: each time I ran the script, the script visited the artist. Looking at the code this is because I don't have any of the artist's quest items in this case. I don't see a check for having completed the quest already?

The text in the quest log on page 2:

Suffering For His Art
You helped retrieve the Pretentious Artist's stuff. Excellent!

Thanks for all your hard work!

zarqon

@Spiny: Thanks again for your thorough reports. You made fixing it quite easy. I have updated the script but not bumped the version number, since I don't think these fixes are worth bothering everyone over.

Based on your info, the script will now skip healing, confusion, inebriety, and sleepiness potions if they are known.

Also, gah! Stupid artist and trying to check him without costing any server hits. That should be fixed now, although it will still keep visiting him until you either start (by getting a pretentious item) or finish his quest.

Bale

Minion
Spiny does give awesome feedback. She was a lot of help debugging an odd issue with my recovery script also. She's nit-picky and thorough which helps a lot. I hope other bug reporters will follow her example.

Spiny

Thanks Zarqon and Bale... sometimes I wish I weren't so nit-picky, but I've been a bean counter for many years. Glad I could help.

Edit:
Running latest version... initial observation of new DoD potion logic looks good. I'll test again once I've id'd some more (I keep forgetting lol).

The visits to the Artist have stopped. :)

Something puzzling me that I just noticed:
It's telling me I need a barrrnacle. Ok I agree.

It's NOT telling me I need a sabre-toothed lime. I don't have one. I have 18 sabre teeth, but no lime. I do have lime-and-chile-flavored chewing gum, but I put those in the closet and tested again and no change.

Come to think of it, why ISN'T there a change? I MIGHT need the gum for gates test! Throwing all my south of the border gums into the closet and ... no change!

which leads me to believe... the gate tests aren't fully being accounted for:

Missing things that may be needed:

Gremlin juice
Pygmy Pygment
(form of sugar rush - many options)
all four South of the Border chewing gums
handsomeness potion
meleegraTM pills
marzipan skull

Many of the SotB stuff can be purchased from Gnomemart in moxie zodiac, but without being included in the list, non-moxie zodiacs may miss it.

Ok... back to the game... I'll follow up if anything else jumps out at me ;)

Edit 2: I threw my sabre teeth into my closet and it now prompts me that I need sabre teeth. I've since gotten a lime, which I've also thrown in the closet and there is no prompt that I need a lime. I'll wait to make a lime cub in case you do another patch and need me to test. I'm assuming the same behavior would hold true for the anticheese/goat. I already made my goat though.

Edit 3: DoD potion handling is good :D I've id'd all potions and placed all my DoD potions in closet and the script is only looking for the gate potions now. I have NOT tested this on a 2nd account, but the potion part looks good for now.

Code:
> !

milky: healing
swirly: mental acuity
bubbly: teleportitis
smoky: confusion
cloudy: inebriety
effervescent: blessing
fizzy: detection
dark: ettin strength
murky: sleepiness

> call Checklist.ash

Loading checklist...
Checking for items...
Step 52: procure 1 bubbly potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 54: procure 1 dark potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 55: procure 1 effervescent potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 56: procure 1 fizzy potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 60: procure 1 swirly potion from dungeons of doom (safemox: 48)
Step 75: procure 1 sabre teeth from goatlet (safemox: 75)
Step 86: procure 1 barrrnacle from f'c'le (safemox: 107)
Step 95: procure 1 black pepper from black forest (safemox: 140)
Step 107: procure 1 richard's star key from hole in the sky (safemox: 175)
Step 108: procure 1 star hat from hole in the sky (safemox: 175)
Not adventuring. Set 'checklist_info_only' to false (in your vars_myname.txt file) if you want to adventure.

Last edited: