Guide

Crowther

That's not a great thing to have happen, since it means the monster will give low stat gains. I don't know when/if that will be fixed.
Yup, my forehead is getting sore from all the times I forgot to switch away from the cat when trying to die. You also get next to nothing for flyering on the next life (at least according to mafia, which I believe is correct).

Bale

Minion
That's not a great thing to have happen, since it means the monster will give low stat gains. I don't know when/if that will be fixed.

Wait, what?! You're saying that a monsters starting fight stats are set to its stats at the time of my resurrection?! Oh, hell. So, any fight with the cat or the deleveling florist plant, if I am killed and resurrected, I get gypped on the stats?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Wait, what?! You're saying that a monsters starting fight stats are set to its stats at the time of my resurrection?! Oh, hell. So, any fight with the cat or the deleveling florist plant, if I am killed and resurrected, I get gypped on the stats?

Yes.

Theraze

So in that suggestion line, I highly suggest using bang points to up-level enemies and boost their starting stats if you'll be able to kill them anyways. :)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
So in that suggestion line, I highly suggest using bang points to up-level enemies and boost their starting stats if you'll be able to kill them anyways. :)

That's contingent on having bang potions in the first place, which most people probably won't.

Ezandora

It seems that the changes in r15472 stop Guide from automatically opening the Guide pane in a side frame in the relay browser. Reported in the bug reports thread.
This should be fixed, but there might be problems. If anyone has any frame-related bugs, let me know.

Known issue in Firefox: opening guide, then resizing frames, will prevent the right/left arrow buttons (that hide/show the chat pane) from functioning. This requires even more advanced matching and could cause more bugs by fixing it. As such, this will remain an open issue for now.

I just started my first Ed run, and I noticed that it recommended gene tonics/hybridization, even though the workshed isn't accessible in that path.
Might be mafia-related, not sure. I'll try to induce this bug to see.

Guide lists hot tub soaks as a resource for Ed which might as well not be true.
Removed.

It keeps recommending that I purchase an "Upgraded Spine." That is one of the two items that I definitely do not want to purchase. ("Bone Spikes" is the other.) Sometimes I actually want to die so that I can go to the Underworld and "Upgraded Spine" makes it harder.
To visit the underworld, use a seal tooth thirty times. But those suggestions are, umm... I wrote them out like day two of the path. They aren't very good, especially in HC. Though I think it's always ignored bone spikes?

You're saying that a monsters starting fight stats are set to its stats at the time of my resurrection?!
Ed's cat learned well from the black cat.

adeyke

I feel a bit silly reporting this, but the Guide still has a bunch of references to "Talisman o' nam" instead of "Talisman o' Namsilat".

Also, in Actually Ed the Undying, the quest step where you have to fight yourself instead gives a message about checking the races.

Ezandora

I feel a bit silly reporting this, but the Guide still has a bunch of references to "Talisman o' nam" instead of "Talisman o' Namsilat".

Also, in Actually Ed the Undying, the quest step where you have to fight yourself instead gives a message about checking the races.
First fixed, not sure about the second one. Will have to check.

1.2 released. Features a display when you mouse over the location bar:

location%20popup%20bar.png

Also better pyramid support, O Cap'm in-run suggestions, slightly better pool skill estimation, Stench Airport quest support, very minor (modern major) Mayo support which might not work, Galaktik quest support, V mask and moveable feast support, and better Ed warehouse support right before the path ends. (helping!)

Bale

Minion
Ezandora, I love your script and the new display of monsters at current location, but I would like to request that you remove a feature.

The little faded picture of the monster on the right side monster location display is distracting and makes the monster information difficult to read. As much as I appreciate the extra work it took to add that image I am afraid it detracts from the usefulness of the feature.

I am sorry to put down an aspect of your work, but what do you say?

adeyke

That issue with Ed the Undying seems to be semi-fixed. After talking to Amun after finishing my quests, it still had that bit about the races. However, when I click the link and go to the Lair, it's replaced with the proper "You await".

Also, as tip for the "You await", it mentions no buffs, but those aren't actually removed in the fight.

Last edited:

afrobotics

If anyone has any frame-related bugs, let me know.

I can't get the guide to pop up in Chrome after clicking Guide in the script menu. The main frame just goes blank. Mafia version r15854, and did svn update. Source of the page has this error:

Code:
GET http://127.0.0.1:60080/relay_Guide.ash 404 (Not Found)onchange @ awesomemenu.php:40ListPicker._handleMouseUp @ about:blank:544

Don't know what else I need to do to help diagnose. Any ideas?

Tiny bugreport: Guide lists the chateau painting and daily collectable in the resources section when in Bad Moon.

I like the location popup (although I got a bit confused working out how to turn it on). I have to disagree with Bale, I don't find the images distract from the info, and it looks really good. Some info relating to monster attack / defense could be cool there too.

Also I'd personally prefer it if the bottom bar was the "nextAdventure" location rather than the "lastAdventure" location. They're usually the same, but it would let you switch locations in the mafia gui, then get info about where you're about to go.

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

r15893 breaks Guide. A patched version of relay_Guide.ash is too big to attach but, until Ezandora can post a fix you can replace all occurrences of:

Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary with The Unquiet Garves

and

Post-Cyrpt Cemetary with The VERY Unquiet Garves

in the relay\relay_Guide.ash file.

Last edited:

Ezandora

Unquiet garves/pasta of peril are both fixed.

Ezandora, I love your script and the new display of monsters at current location, but I would like to request that you remove a feature.

At the moment I reduced their opacity. But you're probably right, they are in the way... they're so pretty though, so I haven't removed it yet.

I can't get the guide to pop up in Chrome after clicking Guide in the script menu. The main frame just goes blank. Mafia version r15854, and did svn update. Source of the page has this error:

I think this means the script isn't running anymore... try reinstalling guide? Run these commands:
Code:
svn delete Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release
svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release/

Tiny bugreport: Guide lists the chateau painting and daily collectable in the resources section when in Bad Moon.

I like the location popup (although I got a bit confused working out how to turn it on). I have to disagree with Bale, I don't find the images distract from the info, and it looks really good. Some info relating to monster attack / defense could be cool there too.

Also I'd personally prefer it if the bottom bar was the "nextAdventure" location rather than the "lastAdventure" location. They're usually the same, but it would let you switch locations in the mafia gui, then get info about where you're about to go.

Bad moon support for guide is, umm... nonexistent. I haven't ascended bad moon in many years. Some day! But this one is fixed.

Attack... hmm. That's actually in the source, just disabled, because I was worried about information overload. It shows expected damage if you're in danger, which felt like information you'd generally want to know.

Also changed to nextAdventure.