Bug Graphical CLI posting Multiple Matches message

NuclearFrog

I just get this message when I log in. Not able to debug.

Multiple matches for "spookyraven library key"; using "[7302]Spookyraven library key". (line 63, char 101 to char 124) Clarify by using one of:
$item[[1764]Spookyraven library key]
$item[[7302]Spookyraven library key]
Multiple matches for "spookyraven library key"; using "[7302]Spookyraven library key". (line 71, char 28 to char 51) Clarify by using one of:
Changing "talisman o' nam" to "Talisman o' Namsilat" would get rid of this message. (line 548, char 28 to char 43)
Multiple matches for "staff of ed"; using "[7961]Staff of Ed". (line 575, char 29 to char 40) Clarify by using one of:
$item[[2325]Staff of Ed]
$item[[7961]Staff of Ed]
Multiple matches for "holy macguffin"; using "[7965]Holy MacGuffin". (line 589, char 28 to char 42) Clarify by using one of:
$item[[2334]Holy MacGuffin]
$item[[7965]Holy MacGuffin]
Multiple matches for "spookyraven library key"; using "[7302]Spookyraven library key". (line 63, char 101 to char 124) Clarify by using one of:
Multiple matches for "spookyraven library key"; using "[7302]Spookyraven library key". (line 71, char 28 to char 51) Clarify by using one of:
Changing "talisman o' nam" to "Talisman o' Namsilat" would get rid of this message. (line 548, char 28 to char 43)
Multiple matches for "staff of ed"; using "[7961]Staff of Ed". (line 575, char 29 to char 40) Clarify by using one of:
$item[[2325]Staff of Ed]
$item[[7961]Staff of Ed]
Multiple matches for "holy macguffin"; using "[7965]Holy MacGuffin". (line 589, char 28 to char 42) Clarify by using one of:
$item[[2325]Staff of Ed]
$item[[7961]Staff of Ed]
Validating repo...
Repo validated.

NuclearFrog

I am using 26165, the latest version.....I log in and get.....

Clearing data overrides: upgrade from KoLmafia r26145 to KoLmafia r26165
Installing default certificate validation...
Sending login request...
Initializing session for captainplum...
Loading character status...
Refreshing session data...
Synchronizing moon data...
Retrieving character data...
Updating inventory...
Seeing what's still unrestricted today...
Done checking allowed items.
Examining Meat in closet...
Updating closet...
Retrieving quest data...
Retrieving familiar data...
Familiar data retrieved.
Retrieving campground data...
Visiting Chez Snootée...
Menu retrieved.
Examining Meat and pulls in storage...
Updating storage...
You are currently a member of KOL Addicts
Seeing what's still unrestricted today...
Done checking allowed items.
Session data refreshed.
Some data has been collected that may be of interest to others. Please type `spade' to examine and optionally submit the data or `spade autoconfirm' to submit all of the spaded data. Either way the data will be deleted whether shared or not.
St. Sneaky Pete's Day tomorrow, 3 days until Mysticism.
7546 prices updated from https://kolmafia.us/scripts/updateprices.php?action=getmap
Changing "Ed" to "Ed the Undying" would get rid of this message. (topmenu.ash, line 60, char 14 to char 16)
Changing "Ed" to "Ed the Undying" would get rid of this message. (topmenu.ash, line 60, char 14 to char 16)
$item[[2325]Staff of Ed]
$item[[7961]Staff of Ed]

NuclearFrog

Also, if anyone is interested, the build has been crashing every once in a while. Got some logs you can check out if you like. Seem to run fine all crimbo, then early January....poof. But, could have been me. Just in case there is something interesting there for y'all

Attachments

• DEBUG_20220121.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 3
  • hs_err_pid12312.log
    309.8 KB · Views: 0
  • hs_err_pid11600.log
    225.6 KB · Views: 0
  • hs_err_pid18868.log
    151.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DEBUG_20220118.txt
    2 KB · Views: 0
  • DEBUG_20220115.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 2
  • hs_err_pid13516.log
    131.2 KB · Views: 0
  • hs_err_pid3052.log
    127.6 KB · Views: 0
  • hs_err_pid33260.log
    296.3 KB · Views: 0
  • hs_err_pid30144.log
    200.4 KB · Views: 1

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What is the script you are running? All those "friendly messages" come when we are parsing it.

NuclearFrog

What is the script you are running? All those "friendly messages" come when we are parsing it.
Just logging in, This is before I run any scripts. I don't see the messages when I am running scripts like eatdrink or CONSUME. Just when I open up, and its doing whatever it does to log me in. After log in, if I click on the Main Map or Inventory buttons, it will come up. Is there some command I can run to give you a config? And, good to make your acquaintance Veracity. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You see, all those messages come from parsing scripts:

Do you have "open relay browser on startup"? I.e., when you log in, does it immediately open the relay browser for you? It sounds like it; you talk about "clicking on the Main Map or Buttons" (buttons where?)

That one specifically says "topmenu.ash". That's a relay script, hence my question about "open relay browser on startup".
I don't know whose "topmenu.ash" you have in your /relay folder, but that's where this is coming from.
Perhaps if you look at the file, you'll see a comment telling you who wrote it.

Notice the line # and character position? I'm not sure why it doesn't list the script name, but for sure, that is from parsing a script.

The point being, these are not issues with KoLmafia itself. These are issues with specific scripts that KoLmafia is detecting - and is including instructions on what exactly needs to be looked at. Two obvious choices for topmenu.ash:

Bale's topmenu - https://kolmafia.us/threads/bales-relay-overrides.12644/
ckb's iconic topmenu - https://kolmafia.us/threads/ckbs-iconic-topmenu.16445/

Regarding the one with no script name - that's not helpful. It's an issue with a script, but we are not telling you which one. We need to find out why that is happening and fix it so you can find out whose script needs to be fixed.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, try this.

When you are looking at the Login frame:
- open the gCLI
- type "debug trace on" (no quotation marks)
- login
- open the gCLI
- type "debug trace off" (no quotation marks)

There will be a file named something like TRACE_20220124.txt in your KoLmafia directory - the same place DEBUG files go.
This will show all requests - and, apropos to this issue - script executions.

Upload it here.

freectal

I'm having the EXACT same issue!!!! These are the scripts I have installed:

autoBasement.ash
bumpork.ash
ChibiParent.ash
ocd-cleanup.ash
philter.js
TheSea.ash
volcano_mining.ash
zlib.ash
bale-relay-campground
bale-relay-desc_wikiLinks
bumcheekascend-bumpork
coandco-mafia-volcano-mining-trunk
Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release
Loathing-Associates-Scripting-Society-ChIT-branches-main-src
Loathing-Associates-Scripting-Society-philter-trunk-release
relaywtf-famswtf
relaywtf-inventorywtf
relaywtf-shopwtf
relaywtf-skillswtf
relaywtf-wtf
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-auto_mushroom-trunk
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-better_trainer-trunk
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-task_list-trunk
winterbay-mafia-autobasement
zlib

freectal

Here is my debug trace file, although it seems pretty useless (maybe because I'd already logged in that day?) I also grepped for "talisman o' nam" in scripts/ and svn/ but didn't find anything.... is there another directory in which script files could be located?

Attachments

• TRACE_20220319.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 1

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Here is my debug trace file, although it seems pretty useless (maybe because I'd already logged in that day?) I also grepped for "talisman o' nam" in scripts/ and svn/ but didn't find anything.... is there another directory in which script files could be located?

Scripts can also be in relay/ and planting/

To me the first problem is that scripts that are no longer "correct" are being run. So finding files that reference the old or ambiguous item name is a good first step. Updating the script or uninstalling and reinstalling may be the only step needed to resolve the problem. Note that there are a few cases where an author has stepped away from a script and the "latest and greatest version" is being maintained by someone else at a different repository location. Dealing with that is simple, but a manual process.

But it starts with finding the script...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If you had started the trace file before you logged in by opening the gCLI and typing "debug trace on" and THEN closing the gCLI and logging in, there would have been more lines in there. Including, we hope, script executions.

Try that, please.

freectal

OK SO after much frustration grepping for those lines that were causing issues (that didn't work, maybe there's some text replacement happening during ash script exec?), I just decided to delete some stuff :

- Uninstalled the task list replay script
- Deleted these folders in the /relay dir for ocd-cleaup-manager, that specifically had files called "UNUSED_DIRECTORY_PLEASE_DELETE_*" in them (why were they left? Unsure)

After the following I NO LONGER GET THOSE WARNINGS!!! Can't confirm if it was the task list script or the unused folders, but WHATEVER it worked. If @NuclearFrog could try that and confirm if it helped, that'd be great.

I've attached my trace file for posterity, it didn't really seem useful (just relay requests etc, no script exec).

Attachments

• TRACE_20220322.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 0

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
- Deleted these folders in the /relay dir for ocd-cleaup-manager, that specifically had files called "UNUSED_DIRECTORY_PLEASE_DELETE_*" in them (why were they left? Unsure)

I would contact the script maintainer for a definitive answer but probably has to do with the fact that mafia's SVN support, especially for scripts hosted on GitHub does not always delete directories. Similarly renaming something is not trivial to do correctly. Bale's original script was forked. Then the fork was renamed. My guess is that the directory in question was an artifact of the script renaming.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Bale maintained OCD Cleanup and hes not around I would get the new one from Philter it is in the forums

When I wrote what I did I was thinking Bale's original was OCD Inventory Control. The first fork was OCD Cleanup and the renamed fork is Philter. See https://kolmafia.us/threads/philter-the-inventory-cleanup-script.26027/

See https://kolmafia.us/threads/thoughts-on-renaming-ocd-cleanup.26002/#post-161951 for the renaming.

I note @philmasterplus hasn't been "seen" on KoLmafia for about three months so they may have to be contacted elsewhere.

For people who have not invested too much time in making data files the thing to do would be uninstall OCD Inventory Control, uninstall OCD Cleanup and uninstall Philter. Then install Philter. If you have time invested in datafiles you should copy them out of data during the uninstalls and reinstall and then return them and be prepared to forgive me if this advice is not as good as I think it is.