Equipt - an item selection tool

StormCrow42

With the new numeric_modifier() function in the latest build of mafia (after renaming the old version in the script), equipt seems to be getting the "correct" familiar (at least for Meat Drop, Item Drop, and Experience). However it doesn't seem to be getting the familiar equipment correct for non-generic equipment.

For example here, it should be using the iced-out bling with my Frozen Gravy Fairy
> equipt Item Drop

Searching for Item Drop
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 103]
[outfit: Hodgman's Regal Frippery] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 82]
hat: straw hat
pants: (empty)
weapon: octopus's spade
offhand: Mer-kin takebag
acc1: Order of the Silver Wossname
acc2: Red Balloon of Valor
acc3: Uranium Omega of Temperance
familiar: Frozen Gravy Fairy
familiar item: flaming glowsticks

And here I have the Hobo Monkey's equipment
> equipt Farm

Searching for Farm
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 210]
hat: straw hat
pants: Spooky Putty leotard
weapon: muculent machete
offhand: cup of infinite pencils
acc1: natty blue ascot
acc2: Order of the Silver Wossname
acc3: Baron von Ratsworth's money clip
familiar: Hobo Monkey
familiar item: (empty)

I'm not certain if this is a bug in the logic of the script, or in Mafia.

DerDrongo

With the new numeric_modifier() function in the latest build of mafia (after renaming the old version in the script), equipt seems to be getting the "correct" familiar (at least for Meat Drop, Item Drop, and Experience). However it doesn't seem to be getting the familiar equipment correct for non-generic equipment.
I'm not certain if this is a bug in the logic of the script, or in Mafia.
This was caused by me adding support for non-mafia modifiers (elemental damage, farm, ect) .... I am just testing a new version of the script now so hopefully I will be posting it later

@Rinn I havnt been able to duplicate the freeze bug, if you are still having that problem can you PM me a -trace of the modifier its locking on

@Captain Kirk I dont see why its not picking the best items, does the -trace show any clues?

mredge73

pretty cool script, used it for the first time today and seemed to work well

one request:
can you make it where if you type "help" it will give you a list of all commands available so you don't have to open up the script file and scroll to the bottom to find them.

Bale

Minion
one request:
can you make it where if you type "help" it will give you a list of all commands available so you don't have to open up the script file and scroll to the bottom to find them.

He does have that. Except that it is -help. I also agree that people who most need the help would be the ones who don't think to put the hypen before it as they do with most (not all) other parameters for this script.

DerDrongo

Version 1.6 (View attachment 1557)
KoL Mafia now supports a familiar numeric_modifier, thanks Jason ... now all familiars that Mafia supports, this script should as well :)
Improved brimstone handling... it should now check by adding one brimstone item at a time instead of checking all or nothing
Squashed another internal outfit error

I added 'help', you could also enter '-help' or just leave the inputbox blank

edit: next version will change the variable name to 'leave_blank_for_help' so the input box will say 'Please input a value for string leave_blank_for_help'

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
I think this version fixed the infinite loop hang. Maybe the next feature would be to add support for sea modifiers.

DerDrongo

Maybe the next feature would be to add support for sea modifiers.
I havnt done any sea stuff yet, what needs supporting?
I could add a new area option sea adding the scuba to the outfit and try and limit familiar selection to water breathing or with best familiar breathing item

DerDrongo

Some equipment have different modifier rates. The Mer-kin takebag for example adds 15% item drop underwater, but only 5% normally.
Ah i see, i did a quick look in mafia's source to see how it handles zone based variable-modifiers and what i would need to do to get mafia to give me the values for them.. it looks like i would need more access to mafia's internals (to read Modifiers.currentLocation and Modifiers.currentZone and call Modifiers.setLocation) to properly support them... in the mean time you can adventure once in an area then call the script and it should find the best equipment for that area (but if -regen was performed out of that area the some item's values might have been return as 0 so not included in the itemmaps)
I will send Jason (Modifier maintainer and fixer of patch's malformed code :) ) a PM, seeing if he knows of any reason not to add a modifierSetLocation function or any complications it will cause

DerDrongo

Version 1.7 (View attachment 1566)
Support for area based modifiers, thanks again Jason ... now item behaviour based on location is used, this makes -regen take longer so i only told it to check all areas when I knew the modifier contains at least one area-dependant item
New internal modifier: Air Supply, which picks the best breathing equipment based on Stench Resistance
New areas are: sewers, hobo and sea (which adds Air Supply if you dont have a breathing effect)
Better pre-selected-familiar handling... When locked to a familiar (or specified) the script will still try and find the best familiar item

StormCrow42

I have a hatrack, but the latest version of equipt seems to be confused. My llama isn't even my heaviest familiar (my pixie is). It seems to be picking the correct hat, but obviously isn't trying to put it on the correct familiar.

> equipt -sim -vverbose Item Drop

Searching for Item Drop
Fetching item map for 'Item Drop'
Getting values based on location 'Muscle Vacation'
Fetching item map for 'Hatrack Hats'
Getting values based on location 'Muscle Vacation'
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 65.81534]
hat: miner's helmet [score: 5.0]
shirt: (empty)
weapon: (empty)
offhand: (empty)
acc1: (empty)
acc2: (empty)
acc3: (empty)
familiar: Llama Lama
familiar item: Knob Goblin elite helm [score: 60.815342]

DerDrongo

I have a hatrack, but the latest version of equipt seems to be confused. My llama isn't even my heaviest familiar (my pixie is). It seems to be picking the correct hat, but obviously isn't trying to put it on the correct familiar.
what are your familiar weights? for your pixie, llama lama and hatrack
edit: and do you have a zen motorcycle?

Last edited:

StormCrow42

what are your familiar weights? for your pixie, llama lama and hatrack

Pixie 18, llama 13, hatrack 1. I also have a 10 pound uniclops. Plus sympathy and leash running right now. I'm not certain my hatrack is actually the best familiar for either meat or item drops right now, considering my best hats for such are the harem veil and elite helm.

As a side note, I just did a -regen and noticed that "Farm" wasn't included in the modifiers that got regenerated based on the sea zones.

Raven434

I started using the script today and it made a huge difference optimizing my Moxie for my DB.

Any chance you could update the -help option to include the basic optimizations available?

Adventures
PvP Fights
Any One Handed
Hatrack Hats
Muscle
Mysticality
Moxie
Combat Rate
Item Drop
Initiative
Meat Drop
Weapon Damage
Spell Damage
Familiar Weight

Thanks!

StormCrow42

I started using the script today and it made a huge difference optimizing my Moxie for my DB.

Any chance you could update the -help option to include the basic optimizations available?

Adventures
PvP Fights
Any One Handed
Hatrack Hats
Muscle
Mysticality
Moxie
Combat Rate
Item Drop
Initiative
Meat Drop
Weapon Damage
Spell Damage
Familiar Weight

Thanks!

Just use the command "modref" (or after doing a -regen, look at all the data files generated).

> call scripts/equiptv1.7.ash

Searching for Maximum HP
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 202.0]
[outfit: Knob Goblin Elite Guard Uniform] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 54.0]
hat: reinforced beaded headband
shirt: (empty)
weapon: (empty)
offhand: battered hubcap
acc1: bejeweled pledge pin
acc2: big red clown nose
acc3: (empty)
familiar: (empty)

Creating item map for: Any One Handed
Hagnk's Storage is not available in Bad Moon until you free King Ralph.

> call scripts/equiptv1.7.ash

Searching for Item Drop
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 152.081]
[outfit: Bounty-Hunting Rig] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 164.081]
hat: bounty-hunting helmet
shirt: Grateful Undead T-shirt
pants: bounty-hunting pants
weapon: bounty-hunting rifle
offhand: (two handed weapon)
acc1: Order of the Silver Wossname
acc2: Red Balloon of Valor
acc3: Uranium Omega of Temperance
familiar: Baby Gravy Fairy
familiar item: little box of fireworks

Putting Wilsonator the Blood-Faced Volleyball back into terrarium...
Taking Wiggle Hips the Baby Gravy Fairy out of terrarium...
annoying pitchfork is better than (none). Switching items...
Putting on annoying pitchfork...
Equipment changed.
Wielding bounty-hunting rifle...
Equipment changed.
You can't equip an off-hand item while wielding a 2-handed weapon.

ironsting

I hope I didn't miss the answer when I scanned the thread.

I did a search and although I see that the numeric_modifier was added it does look like it works for most folks. I get the following error:
Illegal parameter #1 for function numeric_modifier. Got familiar, need skill (equipt.ash, line 232)

I looked and it appears to be checking hobopower which doesn't jive with the error message.

As always thanks to all the people that take the time to create.

Fe

StormCrow42

I did a search and although I see that the numeric_modifier was added it does look like it works for most folks. I get the following error:
Illegal parameter #1 for function numeric_modifier. Got familiar, need skill (equipt.ash, line 232)

That sounds like an error from having an earlier version of equipt. Are you sure you have the latest version? Check that you don't have a duplicate somewhere. Also, make sure you have a recent daily build of mafia.