EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

Theraze

Most likely you haven't allowed Buy items from the mall whenever needed or various other such options from the Item Acquisition tab of Preferences.

Regarding value, high value is good. Low meat cost is good.
It will pick the highest value where value is calculated as (adventures*valueOfAdventure)+(main stats*value of main stats)+(non-main stats*value of non-main stats)-cost with the whole thing divided by size...
Example spleen choices. Adventure: 1250 meat. Prime (myst): 10. Nonprime: 2.
Best: Unconscious collective dream jar. 7.5 adventures * 1250 = 9375 initial value, + 250 (25*10) for myst and 100 (25*2, twice) for nonprime giving a value of 9725. It costs 3000 meat currently, giving a total value of 6725, which is then divided by its size, 4, for a per-unit value of 1681.25.
1: Unconscious Collective Dream Jar lev:1 gain:4.0 adv:7.5 musc:25.0 myst:25.0 mox:25.0 meat:3000 own:0 value:1681
Filler: Carrot juice. 4.5 adventures * 1250 = 5625 with no stats. It cost 1739 meat for a total value of 3886, divided by a size of 3 for a per-unit value of 1295.33.
4: carrot juice lev:1 gain:3.0 adv:4.5 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:1739 own:0 value:1295

Simple, right? :)

But you should see something like this:
Considering food from inventory Hagnk's Coinmasters NPCs the mall. Per-item budget cap is 12500.0.
Retrieval cap is 10000. Price will be a factor if you own it already.

If you don't see one of those in there then you haven't allowed mafia to use them automatically. If you do so, the script should start using better and tastier items quickly...

Tipmon

Thanks, I kinda feel like an idiot now XD
I wondered cause it always used twinkly wads(I have like 2000 for some reason, I don't even have the smashing skill) even though I always thought they were very inefficient. I noticed that agua had a higher value and that made me wonder.
Anyway, I will edit this tomorrow with the results if it worked or not!

Theraze

Neither unkown nor rougly is in the current SVN version of EatDrink. Any chance you did something like report bugs/typos from dj_d's abandoned-as-of-three-years-ago version rather than the updated-this-week version?

m00g

HI Everyone!

I have just a question or two! Thanks to everyone who makes Mafia happen, especially Theraze, Winterbay, Frono and others for their awesome support.

1. The variables that influence how much money can be spent are:
Code:
zlib eatdrink_budget = 
zlib eatdrink_considerCostWhenOwned = true
zlib eatdrink_costOfPull = 
zlib eatdrink_getBartender =
zlib eatdrink_getChef =
zlib eatdrink_priceFlexibility = 1.25
zlib eatdrink_priceOfNontradeables = 999999999
zlib eatdrink_priceOfQuestItems = 999999999
zlib eatdrink_priceOfUnknowns = 999999999
zlib eatdrink_stepMeat =
zlib eatdrink_valueOfNonPrimeStat = 2
zlib eatdrink_valueOfPrimeStat = 10
 and
Cost of Adventure.

Am I missing any?
The reason I ask, is that I want to start playing around with how much I spend. Is there any point maximising "budget", if "stepmeat" doesn't increase as well?

2. If I can summon a bucket of wine, is there anything that would stop EatDrink from doing so? It seems that eatdrink would prefer me to drink Ye Olde Meade instead. I realise this is an older version; I am running the SVN updates. I've been manually doing Ode and nightcapping recently, so I had to go to my logs to pull an example.

Code:
send a kmail to buffy
 > Buffbot request successful
 > Skipping favorites.
> Starting EatDrink.ash (version 3.2).
> Consuming up to 15 food, 19 booze, and 15 spleen and then finishing off with the stiffest drink we can find.
> Considering food from inventory Hagnk's Coinmasters NPCs the mall. Per-item budget cap is 15625.0.
> Retrieval cap is 10000. Price will be a factor if you own it already.
> An adventure has the value of <b>600 meat</b>. Moxie subpoint is 10.0. Nonprime stat subpoint is 2.0.
 > Pass 1: food.
 > Skipping food.
 > Pass 2: drink.
 > Skipping drink.
 > Pass 3: spleen.
 > Skipping spleen.
 > Pass 4: drink.
> At drunkenness of 19. Overdrinking with 15000 meat.
 > Getting 1 Ye Olde Meade in 3 seconds

mall.php?category=allitems&consumable_byme=0&weaponattribute=3&wearable_byme=0&nolimits=0&max_price=0&sortresultsby=price&justitems=0&x_cheapest=10&pudnuggler=%22Ye+Olde+Meade%22

buy 1 Ye Olde Meade for 1400 each from 990907 on 20130731
You acquire an item: Ye Olde Meade
> <b>Ye Olde Meade</b> lev:7 gain:5.0 adv:15.0 musc:25.0 myst:25.0 mox:25.0 meat:1400 own:0 value:7950
 > Waiting to consume...
> <b>Ye Olde Meade</b> lev:7 gain:5.0 adv:15.0 musc:25.0 myst:25.0 mox:25.0 meat:1400 own:0 value:7950

drink 1 Ye Olde Meade
You gain 21 Adventures
You gain 30 Muscleboundness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 21 Magicalness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 30 Smarm
You gain 5 Drunkenness
You lose some of an effect: Ode to Booze
> 1: <b>Ye Olde Meade</b> lev:7 gain:5.0 adv:15.0 musc:25.0 myst:25.0 mox:25.0 meat:1400 own:0 value:7950
> choc: Checking non-filling crimbo chocolates - all 3 kinds
> Best find was chocolate pasta spoon with a value of -2800. That's no good, so not consuming and moving on.
> Finished. You had -Ode to Booze in effect. Adventures listed above does not reflect that, but this does:
> Spent 1400 meat. Gained Fullness: 0. Inebriety: 5. Spleen: 0.Adventures: 21. Muscle: 30. Moxie: 30. Mysticality: 21.
> Eating, drinking, and spleening complete. Commence merrymaking (at your own discretion).

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Good questions, but I can no longer answer them off the top of my head. I recall some issues with nightcaps but when I tracked them down it turned out that for my VoA and other parameters, I would end up "better" off drinking Ye Olde Meade and selling a bucket of wine. In other words market fluctuations.

Those of use with higher mathematics skills and educations have discussed ways to apply those tools to the eat drink problem. There is a formulation that threats it as a knapsack problem out there and it is much easier to make statements about what is being optimized with that version. Last I looked, though, there were features missing. Bottom line is that diet fluctuations based upon market fluctuations and sensitive to key parameters is an expected effect of converting everything to meat and the optimiozimg on meat equivalents.

Theraze

Specifically with the bucket, it might be minimum quality or minimum average that's causing it to get filtered out. It's only really good as a nightcap... when I recently bumped my minQuality from 1 to 2, it started filtering out the bucket.

Regarding budget, that filters regardless of whether or not it's in your inventory, while stepmeat only filters the total spent to acquire everything. That means that if you have wrecked generators, they'll be filtered out with a 20k budget, since it costs 21.7k to acquire one with lunar isotope price where it is. That means that even if it would have been picked... it's out. Budget is your single-item price cap. :) Stepmeat is your total out of pocket.

m00g

Thanks Frono and Theraze!!!! Awesome!

I had "budget" and "step_meat" reversed. That makes a lot of sense now. I"m sorry for so many questions!

Is StepMeat for meat only, or is it reflected for spleen and booze as well?
What happens if I value adventures over stat gains? Should I adjust the values of the prime and non-prime stats?
I imagine that EatDrink tries to keep the cost of each adventure <VoA? So increasing VoA will allow better items to be used?

[I think I've answered some of these by changing the numbers around, but I'd like to hear your thoughts anyway, if possible! >=D ]

Last edited:

Theraze

I had "budget" and "step_meat" reversed. That makes a lot of sense now. I"m sorry for so many questions!
Don't apologize for asking questions, as long as you're thinking about them. Better that you think about what you want and learn, which is awesome. And means you may be able to help people later, which is also good. :)

Is StepMeat for meat only, or is it reflected for spleen and booze as well?
I think you were wondering if it's for fullness only, since that relates to spleen and booze while meat is just the currency? No, StepMeat is only for meat. :)
What happens if I value adventures over stat gains? Should I adjust the values of the prime and non-prime stats?
At default levels, it takes 50 points of primestat per consumption point before it becomes more valuable than an adventure, since it defaults to 10 meat for the primestat value and 500 is the mafia default for value of adventure. It would likewise take 250 points of non-primestats before they become more valuable than an adventure, since they default to 2 meat, making them even less likely.
This means that the stat values basically perform as a tiebreaker and don't tend to eliminate or elevate most items. It makes your own class' supercock more likely, but it won't bounce you up to that level if you wouldn't be normally, for example.
I imagine that EatDrink tries to keep the cost of each adventure <VoA? So increasing VoA will allow better items to be used?
If you look at post 1761, you can see me talking through a specific meat choice and how it works with VoA. But yes... the higher your VoA, the better the items. I've found that 1250 gives me a decent set of items in general while not going TOO overboard. I've gone as high as 2500 before, but at that point it starts to cut into my actual farming profits a bit, when it all maths out. Somewhere farther back in the huge post we look at why it's good to not over-lie about your farming profits, but... eh, that's somewhere back in the 45 pages and meh.

m00g

Thanks Theraze. You always manage to generate succinct answers to my questions.

I remember your post on the VoA, but I couldn't find it this time. I shall have another look!

Theraze

There we go... post 1489. Wherein we break down that VoA is actually how much you're willing to spend for another adventure, not how much meat you're projecting you'll gain per adventure, and that it does actually make sense to reduce your VoA if you're trying to hunt optimally. Heh.

Bale

Minion
I would like to make a feature request. Always consider Spaghetti Breakfast if available in inventory despite its status as a non-tradeable. Consider it to be inexpensive since you can never eat more than you can summon in a day. And always eat it first if its adventure yield is high enough.

Theraze

Done... Spaghetti Breakfast now has a 'special price' of 2, like the steel items. Should make it be considered basically free if you already have it in your inventory.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't use this script, and I wasn't likely to start using it anyway, so maybe my input here doesn't matter...

I have a nice collection of spaghetti breakfast in my DC, and I'm not great at putting new ones in there every day. I would be very disappointed if a script consumed one of those. There are only a handful of people that care about that though, I expect.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I don't use this script, and I wasn't likely to start using it anyway, so maybe my input here doesn't matter...

I have a nice collection of spaghetti breakfast in my DC, and I'm not great at putting new ones in there every day. I would be very disappointed if a script consumed one of those. There are only a handful of people that care about that though, I expect.

Would the existing eatdrink_avoid_ capability apply, and preserve items for the DC?

Theraze

Yep, frono has it. If you want to avoid eating... anything... just add it with an avoid entry. Automatic elimination.