EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

I don't know if this helps you at all, but the Hardcore error only occurs (at least for me, so far) when eatdrink chooses something in inventory to consume and then you run out of that item.

In this instance there were 7 candy canes in inventory. Eatdrink choose them to consume, but after consuming the 7th one, instead of choosing something else to consume, it aborts with an "invalid type!" error.
Code:
Finished eating 1 candy cane.
7: candy cane lev:4 gain:1.0 adv:3.0 musc:15.0 myst:15.0 mox:15.0 meat:850 own:7 value:860
Choosing food to consume.
EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a candy cane and you're not able to shop.
none price updated from 0 to 0.
invalid type! ''
Another:
Code:
Finished eating 1 lihc eye pie.
1: lihc eye pie lev:2 gain:4.0 adv:8.5 musc:0.0 myst:11.5 mox:0.0 meat:100 own:1 value:1066
EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a lihc eye pie and you're not able to shop.
none price updated from 0 to 0.
invalid type! ''
For now, if it's causing too much trouble for anyone they could just turn off the use inventory option and that should prevent this behavior.

In the gCLI type zlib eatdrink_useInv = false

Turning that off would almost make it pointless to use eatdrink in hardcore however, because consuming inventory is one of the primary reasons to run eatdrink in hardcore.

Hopefully that info helps.

Yeah that makes sense.

I probably had some creamsicles and it ran out. I ran it for the first time yesterday so I didn't have any history.

I'll run it again after I use tonights turns and see if I get a similar error.

icon315

Is there a way of making the script check your DC for the items? so that it won't buy them.
Also is there a way to make it skip an item when it is not available "under-budget"....that way it won't get stuck in a loop

Bazaaretw

Can you add a true/false for it to consider the non-filling chocolates? I also don't think it accurately calculates how many adventures per price you're getting, because for example my value of adventure is set to 3000, and the third of fancy car costs 11k ish yet gives only 1 adventure.

:D

Now, to recap...
Starting EatDrink.ash (version 3.0).
Consuming up to 15 food, 19 booze, and 15 spleen and then finishing off with the stiffest drink we can find.
Considering food from Hagnk's the mall. Per-item budget cap is 1250000.0.
Price will be a factor if you own it already. Hagnk's pulls (if enabled) will cost 10000 meat each.
An adventure has the value of 3000 meat. Muscle subpoint is 10.0. Nonprime stat subpoint is 2.0.
At drunkenness of 19. Overdrinking.
1: corpsedriver lev:5 gain:6.0 adv:22.0 musc:72.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:14200 own:0 value:52520
choc: Checking non-filling crimbo chocolates - all 3 kinds
1: fancy chocolate car lev:0 gain:1.0 adv:5.0 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:11975 own:0 value:3025
2: fancy chocolate car lev:0 gain:1.0 adv:5.0 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:11935 own:0 value:3065 <=================================
3: fancy chocolate car lev:0 gain:1.0 adv:5.0 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:11935 own:0 value:3065 <=================================
Finished. You had -Ode to Booze in effect. Adventures listed above does not reflect that, but this does:
Spent 35800 meat. Gained Fullness: 0. Inebriety: 6. Spleen: 0. Adventures: 36. Muscle: 75. Moxie: 0. Mysticality: 0.
Eating, drinking, and spleening complete. Commence merrymaking (at your own discretion).

dj_d

Hm... it *does* appear that it's not correctly calculating the 5/3/1 adventure thing for you. I'll try to take a look soon.

kain

I'm not sure at what point, but eatdrink stopped honoring the key priority ... the last 2 runs I've noticed and pulled/ate key pies on my last day, but it used to gleefully pull and eat key pies on day 1

Ran eatdrink.ash with the following settings in aftercore . . .

eatdrink_GetPriceServer true
eatdrink_boozeMood booze
eatdrink_budget 20000
eatdrink_considerCostWhenOwned false
eatdrink_consumeLast false
eatdrink_costOfPull 1000

<SNIP>

eatdrink_daily_extra-greasy_slider true

It did two things that were a bit odd. It made my keys (that I won't need until next ascension) into key lime pies and then ate the pies. I'm pretty sure there were more cost effective foods. Secondly, while I was expecting it to eat the slider it ate it BEFORE spleening thus wasting it's effect.

dj_d

I never tested sliders, so - doh. Makes sense that wouldn't work. I would put EGS on the avoid list until I fix that, which might be nontrivial. The key thing is odd, though. Sounds like that logic is a little screwy. I'll have to check it out.

I never tested sliders, so - doh. Makes sense that wouldn't work. I would put EGS on the avoid list until I fix that, which might be nontrivial. The key thing is odd, though. Sounds like that logic is a little screwy. I'll have to check it out.

As a quick fix for the sliders how difficult would it be to add a bit of code that pops up a warning "You are about to eat an extra greasy slider without first consuming any spleen. Would you like to abort so you can consume spleen before eating this item?"

Also do you know if it will behave the same way with pickle juice?

dj_d

red - easy workaround. Just call eatdrink with spleen only (0,0,15) first, then call it with food and drink and spleen (15,19,15).

I'm running through farm.ash on my main and it really wants to eat a star key lime pie for some reason. Unfortunately I don't have one and it produces the following error:

Code:
Creating a star key lime pie in 0 seconds
Failed to create a star key lime pie.
EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a star key lime pie and it has a null price, so you can't buy it.
FAIL: star key lime pie lev:6 gain:4.0 adv:16.0 musc:22.0 myst:22.0 mox:22.0 meat:0 own:1 value:4022

Which loops until I abort and restart, at which point it occurs again. 4 times in a row now. I'm in aftercore and have no need for a star key until next ascension.

I'm going to try running it straight from eatdrink.ash for now and see if it still wants pie.

Edit: Yep that fixed it. For some reason it just wanted some pie when it knew it was going farming.

TomTomson

I cannot find where to change the value of an adventure. It's not in my vars_ file and I can't find it in eatdrink.ash.

This is probably a really noob question, sorry.

Edit: I also ran this script, and it didn't use Ode. I have the skill permed and enough mana, and my vars says
eatdrink_ode true

What's up with that?

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
valueOfAdventure is a KoLMafia property. You can set it by typing set valueOfAdventure = 1000 in the gCLI.

asturia

Minion
I think I brought this up earlier, but why is the script buying stanch wads to use instead of using the twinkly wads I have in my inventory?

Bale

Minion
I suspect because stench wads are so much cheaper than twinkly wads as a result of the last several trader visits.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Probably since twinkly wads are more expensive at the moment (blame the traveling trader!). So in theory, you'd make a profit selling your twinkly wads to buy stench wads.

The preference to ignore value of items in inventory would also have to be false (IIRC, that's the default) for this result.

[ninja'd in part by Bale]

icon315

I can't believe i am asking this, but how do you make it so that the script uses more meat to buy the foods....or how to raise the "budget" to lets say 500k?