EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

Ooh, while we're making comments and bug reports and requests:

- I'd love to see EatDrink use vprint. It really prints out a lot of stuff, and at least while simulating I don't really care about most of the figuring-it-out output
- While simulating, can the waiting period not exist? I understand its pupose while not simulating ("No! No! Escape! Don't do that!"), but while simulating it's only slowing the process down.

As these are feature requests and not bugs, dj_d, you should feel free to ignore them!

Atreyuu

How do I change the value of an adventure?

In the first post it says to use "VALUE_OF_ADVENTURE" to do it, but there is no VALUE_OF_ADVENTURE in my preferences file, I did a little searching around and found that it had been removed from the script.

I did find "valueOfAdventure=500" in my prefs file. I tried changing the value to 750 for some testing and started up EatDrink, but it still seems to value an adventure at 500 meat.

I know I'm missing something somewhere, so I tried searching through the thread with some Ctrl+F searches but didn't come up with an answer.

adeyke

Either type "set valueOfAdventure=750" into your CLI, or close Mafia, edit the text file, and restart Mafia.

icon315

Bug

I keep Getting this message while trying to use any script that involves The Eat/Drink script

Code:
> call scripts\Ascend.ash

[the ode to booze] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1384)

Code:
> call scripts\farm.ash

> call scripts\farm.ash

Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1384)

Can someone tell me why?

Just used the script with a newly ascended character. I'm wondering why it felt that tomatoes were better for me to eat than Che Snooty's tofurkey gravy packets that gave me more adventures per fullness?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Just used the script with a newly ascended character. I'm wondering why it felt that tomatoes were better for me to eat than Che Snooty's tofurkey gravy packets that gave me more adventures per fullness?

Did mafia's item manager show chef snooty's food items as available? My guess is that "newly ascended" means "ascended during the same session and didn't previously have access to snooty" which is probably a mafia issue rather than an issue with this script.

dj_d

@aqua: vprint is on the horizon, but I don't have a lot of time for script anything right now so it might take a while. The pause duration is a setting, so feel free to adjust to your heart's content (I use zero).

padamdam

I've only started using the ascend suite a few days ago, but I'm getting the hang of it.

What I'd like to know is if there is a setting in prefs which circumvents the sim_only boolean, and lets the script run automatically without the simulation for that character.

(I know, lazy as hell)

Furthermore, is there a place where I can post bugs/ideas other than these forums? Cause I feel a few things just don't work well, especially buying food/drink/spleen from the mall.

Edit: also, I can't find a description of how variables in the prefs-files work.(why put them there if nobody knows how to adjust them?) For example the eatdrink_valueOfNonPrimeStat and eatdrink_valueOfPrimeStat. It doesn't seem to say anywhere how they correspond to eachother.

Last edited:

Grotfang

Developer
What I'd like to know is if there is a setting in prefs which circumvents the sim_only boolean

I haven't tested this, but I think it should work. You can edit the script yourself to match your preferences, but it couldn't be introduced as a general setting, to the best of my knowledge.

Change:

Code:
void main (int foodMax, int drinkMax, int spleenMax, boolean overdrink, boolean sim)
{
  SIM_CONSUME = sim;
  eatdrink(foodMax, drinkMax, spleenMax, overdrink);
}

To:

Code:
void main (int foodMax, int drinkMax, int spleenMax, boolean overdrink)
{
  SIM_CONSUME = false;
  eatdrink(foodMax, drinkMax, spleenMax, overdrink);
}

is there a place where I can post bugs/ideas other than these forums

These forums are the mafia forums. Any issues with mafia belong here. If you think you have found a bug with how MAFIA deals with stuff, it belongs here. If you think there is a problem with how KOL deals with stuff, it belongs in the report bug section in the game itself. If you have an issue with how this SCRIPT deals with certain requests, then this is the thread you need.

Did mafia's item manager show chef snooty's food items as available? My guess is that "newly ascended" means "ascended during the same session and didn't previously have access to snooty" which is probably a mafia issue rather than an issue with this script.

That's probably it. Let me see if it's mentioned in my logs (not sure if it logs usage of scripts). Yeah, the log doesn't show it having checked Snooty. Thanks.

Geno

When I try to run the script kolmafia returns

> eatdrink.ash

Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (eatdrink.ash, line 1339)

What gives?

When I try to run the script kolmafia returns

What gives?

It seems like this is coming up every page lately . . .

The name changed. You can manually delete all of the "the"'s in front of Ode to Booze or you can go back one page and download a version I've already corrected.

Geno

Alright, I'll download your version. Thanks.

That's be cool if the corrected version was included in the first post. Maybe then no one would complain! lul

ammy55

i'm having a problem with the script i run it and it gets stuck repeating an attempt to buy an item and it will loop apparently forever and will only continue when i manually buy the item heres the debug log

Attachments

• eatdrinkfail.txt
    989.2 KB · Views: 52

icefall5

When I run it it counts down twice, the first time searching for milk of magnesium, the second time it just says Waiting Completed. The script stops doing anything once Waiting Completed comes up; I am not getting any food/drink/spleen results to pop up. I do have zlib and I entered the values in as directed by the original post.

Help?