EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have things set so ED will get an accordion to cast Ode. With the revamp it keeps trying to buy types of accordions from the mall even though I am in HC.

Theraze

Have you disabled buying from NPCs? If it's looping, that's probably mafia's new auto-acquire code instead then... it isn't smart enough to avoid trying to get a toy accordion if you don't have at least 250 meat. EatDrink WILL check your meat and then force-buy (using the buy command rather than acquire, so it shouldn't use the mall unless mafia forces it there and doesn't allow us to avoid it in any way) the antique accordion if you have at least 2500 meat and the toy accordion if you are between 250 and 2499 meat.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Allowed to buy items from NPC.
Character has a stolen and a toy accordion in inventory.
The most recent session log has
> At drunkenness of 19. Overdrinking with 1460 meat.

mall.php?category=allitems&consumable_byme=0&weaponattribute=3&wearable_byme=0&nolimits=0&max_price=0&sortresultsby=price&justitems=0&x_cheapest=10&pudnuggler=%22antique+accordion%22

buy 1 antique accordion for 2500 each from 1991839 on 20131111

followed by several more attempts to get an antique accordion at other stores until I intervene and abort.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
If it's still having problems... what does npc_price antique accordion say? 0 or 2500?

Curiously when I logged it to check that, there was a kmail from someone who wanted to make sure I really had intended to buy an antique accordion from his store at some ridiculous price. Turns out there are 131 of them in Hangk's and seriously less meat than I remember.

What I think happened is that the specific command ED used to obtain the antique accordion triggered some of the new changes that made mafia think it was allowed to spend money from Hangk's so it did so. I need to investigate some but I suspect there is a B/FR for mafia as well as ED since the purchase price seems to be well in excess of the single item price limit for autobuys. I also don't really like buying using Hagnk's funds and placing items back there as a feature so there may be a preference or a lockout I need to discover and use or ask for.

And then, there is the whole accordion mechanics thing which I have not studied but as a non-AT trying to cast Ode, do I really need multiple or specific accordions? Answer may be yes, but I have not studied the revame enough to know.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The following might be of interest.

> At drunkenness of 19. Overdrinking with 1460 meat.

mall.php?category=allitems&consumable_byme=0&weaponattribute=3&wearable_byme=0&nolimits=0&max_price=0&sortresultsby=price&justitems=0&x_cheapest=10&pudnuggler=%22antique+accordion%22

buy 1 antique accordion for 2500 each from 1991839 on 20131111

buy 1 antique accordion for 2500 each from 1049054 on 20131111

buy 1 antique accordion for 5000 each from 1569087 on 20131111

buy 1 antique accordion for 10000 each from 2432532 on 20131111

buy 1 antique accordion for 900000 each from 1274859 on 20131111

buy 1 antique accordion for 7000000 each from 177025 on 20131111

Cheesecake102

When I try to run this, I get the error message...
Bad item value: "antique accordion" (eatdrink.ash, line 480)

I bought an antique accordion to try to make it happy, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Theraze

Use a newer version of mafia? Like, the latest daily build from the top of the forum, not the 'official' build that doesn't work?

Theraze

It will, as both of the items to craft it can be traded. Note that it will probably price it at mall-sell levels, not crafting levels, since it's designed as a farming script and based on how much meat you can make rather than being focused on what's necessarily the single best.

Raven434

> version

KoLmafia v16.1 r13358

> farm

Changing "tavern cellar" to "The Typical Tavern Cellar" would get rid of this message (zlib.ash, line 648)
Changing "tavern cellar" to "The Typical Tavern Cellar" would get rid of this message (farm.ash, line 50)
Function 'eatdrink( int, int, int, boolean, float, int, int, int, boolean )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (farm.ash, line 1160)

Mafia and SVN are up to date, as near as I can tell.

I originally posted this in the wrong area, before coffee. :-(

Theraze

As I posted there.

Nope, nothing changed. EatDrink just wants an int for its 5th variable, which farm handles as "min(2000,results[0].meat * 0.75)" which has a 1/4 chance of actually being an int, unless it ends up above 2k. Then farm.ash does 2 ones that are halved, so a 50/50 chance of being an int. Easiest change is to just do to_int on those. But EatDrink hasn't changed... it's been wanting that for as long as I've been running it. The farm script just needs to actually pass along the right variables.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
At some point we talked about deprecating some of the EatDrink calls. Is there an outside chance that the versions of farm and EatDrink are not the latest versions, as defined by SVN?

Theraze

Unlikely, since I left that in for farm users, and unless Raven434 disabled the auto-calling of floats to ints somehow (or whatever version of Java being used is doing it) it seems like just one of those things which doesn't make sense and shouldn't have happened in the first place, but probably got fixed by a full restart of mafia. If not, then it may have been caused by a bad personal script edit... but I ran farm (for the first time) about 4 days ago and it worked fine for me... no ED conflicts. And ED hasn't changed since 2013-11-11, and farm hasn't changed since 2013-11-29, so... I'm running the same version of both of those scripts that Raven434 should have been running...

Theraze

It does. As long as they're the best item for your meat. If they aren't valued, it might be that your VALUE_OF_ADVENTURE is set too low. Or that your expectations of how the mall works are wrong.

If you sell them, people will buy them.
And spending more meat to earn less is not the right way to make a profit.

Set your VoA based on how much you're willing to spend for another adventure, and ED will craft or acquire whatever's best. I find that, during a run, it takes about 1250-1500 VoA for SHC to become profitable over the regular mixed drinks...

xKiv

In aftercore, SHCs are currently pretty resoundedly dominated by sgeea martinis with tuxedo shirts (up to VoA around 6969) and pumpkin beers (from VoA ~1372 to infinity), so they should never be picked. The only exception would be when they are on sale, but sales tend to be limited (usualy not more than 1/day) and therefore mafia won't let scripts see the reduced price.
In-run, don't forget that crafting SHCs costs turns, charges of inigo's, or charges of bartender (which itself cost turns to make).

Raven434

I have 30 field gar potions but got a warning about not having gar potions before I eat fishy lasagna.

I was not able to find anything that wasn't more than a year old thread-wise at this point.

Thanks.