EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

Theraze

5000? Wow... that's low. Yeah, I wasn't having it fill me up completely with 10000 meat and a VoA of ~1000 or so, so I raised my stepMeat to 20000. Bit pricier, but since I started running OCD before ascensions, meat is slightly less of a worry. :)

But regarding that... twinkly wads currently cost 370. It takes 15 twinkly wads to fill up your spleen, if you haven't already partially filled it with other stuff. 15*370=5550. You've limited your max spending to 5000. Do you see a problem with the math? :)

Theraze

Well, with 20k, it tends to get me 3-5 of the 2 inebriety peppermint drinks and then finish up with a few cheaper items. :) I'd rather not spend 50k for 9 Crimbojitos, but... :)

Theraze

Yeah, but that'll take me actually stopping buying legacy familiars and outfit bits and saving up money through several ascensions... Once I get TPS though, I could run on 10k for drinks and have meat left over. :)

Theraze

Here's one of those "actually script related" questions. On the build version, do we want to change the default stepMeat to -1? I think it would confuse people less, since they keep wondering why ED fails to fill them up.

Pro:
1) EatDrink will fill them up fully, if they have enough meat.
2) EatDrink will use as much of the good stuff until they run out of meat, not shifting to cheaper (but still good) stuff.
3) Acts more like "expected" for someone who hasn't followed the script.
4) We're just changing the default, we're not removing the feature, so if people complain about it in the future, we can tell them to start tweaking it for their own interests.

Con:
1) Because it's aware of (hopefully) every acquirable item, including creation involving coinmasters and other such weird things, it's likely to get more honest/tasty items than people expect.
2) This can make it take up a LOT of meat, though that's based on the VoA they claimed to want.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Dunno. I got tired of not spleening, set it to -1 and have no problems. I'm not sure which will be worse - getting lots of questions that all have the answer "set stepMeat to -1" or a whole lot of questions about burning through meat. If "First Do No Harm" applies then that is a good reason not to set the default to -1. it starts getting really baroque but ED could detect that spleen was not filled and print out something that suggests the user change stepMeat.

Theraze

Eh, but that would be annoying for the people purposefully leaving their stepMeat low, to get an additional prompt to raise it when they actually don't want to... the question is, what's more likely to be 'harm', spending as much as people claim they want to, by their settings, or protecting them from themselves by putting some checks in that they can remove if they decide they actually want to move forwards...?

mstieler

Is there a way to set EatDrink not not consume specific items?

I'd prefer to keep my Twinkly Wads intact in case the Trader randomly shows up.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is there a way to set EatDrink not not consume specific items?

I'd prefer to keep my Twinkly Wads intact in case the Trader randomly shows up.

eatdrink_avoid_booze-soaked_cherry true won't' consume a booze-soaked cherry.
Presumably creating and setting the zLib variable
eatdrink_avoid_Twinkly_wad true would have the desired effect.

Winterbay

It will, but you need to edit your vars-file manually (well or create a bogus call to zlib that registers a setting I guess).

Theraze

Well, yeah... just remember that the more zlib variables you make, the slower all zlib-importing scripts will be. Fractionally at first, but you can make it bad if you keep adding more.

But yeah, you can avoid anything you want just by adding avoid segments. Or you can try to use whatever by adding favorite segments and turning on use_favorites.

Theraze

Personally I've never had it do that, but... either putting in the Bounty Hunter food in with avoid (look at post 1395), or disabling coinmasters.

Most likely though, you'd done something a bit crazy like disabling prices. :) Since I don't know what all your zlib eatdrink settings are though, I can't definitively say that.