New Content - Implemented Daily Dungeon Revamp

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Is providing intelligent automation for the choice adventures all that is left here?

I see that the Daily Dungeon daily deed does "adv * Daily Dungeon". It is now "The Daily Dungeon", but I expect that still works. Or will, once we handle the choices correctly.

zarqon

Two things I can think of:

1) People may want stats from traps, even with a pole, and I don't think mafia should make automating that impossible.

2) I haven't seen anything about the dailyDungeonDone property being correctly set on dungeon completion now (as Bale mentioned), but I may have missed it.

--------------------
6419 giant giant moth dust 115337305 powder.gif usable t,d 42
giant giant moth dust Effect: "Slightly Larger Than Usual", Effect Duration: 50
--------------------

Darzil

Developer
Marking dailyDungeonDone in 12607, along with basic choice adventure spoilers.

Still needs tracking and better automation handling.

Can someone differentiate the "I Wanna Be a Door" options into "Unlock door, no turn spent (Skeleton key)", "Unlock door, no turn spent (Pick-O-Matic lockpicks)" and "Unlock door, no turn spent (PYEC)"?

I noticed that which ever option I pick, it always uses a skeleton key first. So could someone please change it.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
I agree it looks strange in the Choice Adventure chooser, at the moment I'd only looked at decorating the relay browser. I can't currently explain why you'd always use the key whichever you pick, though.

My thoughts for automation options, will this meet people's requirements?

I wanna be a door:
Show in browser
Unlock door if possible, otherwise show in browser (Will use in order pick-o-matic, PYEC, skeleton key) [question, should I allow last skeleton key to be used? ]
Unlock door if possible, otherwise mainstat test
Mainstat test

It's Almost certainly a trap:
Show in Browser
Elemental Test
Use pole if you have it, otherwise show in browser
Use pole if you have it, otherwise Elemental Test

The First Chest isn't the deepest and Second Chest
Show in Browser
Get item
Skip through door if wearing ring, otherwise skip chest
Skip chest

Thoughts, before I implement ?

Last edited:

Theraze

Regarding the key, yes... if they're in-run, they can always make another. If they're out of run, they can always buy another.

Edit: A general comment on the new choiceadv commits: They've presented a change from how mafia has always done choiceadv handling. It's always been that you could specifically set which option you wanted and the override options were numbered after the specific choices. That meant that regardless of how many changes and additional handling mafia added, it wouldn't throw errors when new functionality was rolled in. With the current changes, we're getting errors because you can't manually pick your choice in automation without using visit_url, whether it would have made sense to do it or not.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Theraze - my bad, and I'll correct that, though I guess the correction will also cause some issues.

Edit - I think I'll think about it. Making them higher numbers makes sense to me, though I can't see much evidence of it in the code so far for existing choice handling. Trying to work out the best way of handling it without causing more issues for the users who have less technical knowledge (as it's only people who manipulated the CLi who will get issues now). I'll certainly look at doing it in future, including any change I make here. Also bear in mind one of the reasons for the change was to deal with issues around users setting their own settings using CLi and getting themselves in infinite loops.

Re-edit- Actually, have seen it in the stuff pre-dating haunted house support now, which is what I'd used as a basis.

Last edited:
Can someone just differentiate the Door options please? Mafia is throwing a continuous loop since i ran out of skeleton keys... :(

When your options are spelt the same, it looks like it always follows the lower number. So if ALL 3 choiceAdventure choices are 'Unlock door, no turn spent', it doesn't matter if i choose the 2nd, 3rd or 7th option, it ALWAYS jumps to 2nd option! This seems like a very small matter that can be easily fixed if someone just adds something to change the spelling. Thanks!

Darzil

Developer
Added tracking of last room completed via _lastDailyDungeonRoom in r12854.

I think this is now complete.