CounterChecker: Wormwood, Semi-rares, Dance Cards and more

Bale

Minion
Released CounterChecker v1.499

This is the "Hooray for Vanya's Chapel" release.

You can tell I'm saving up for the number 1.5. I better finally add that feature.

Theraze

Problem with the chapel code... it checks if you have negative whips, not if you actually have them available. This part:
Code:
 case $location[Chapel]:
  foreach i in $ints[458, 4596, 4589, 4590, 4591]
   if(available_amount(to_item(i)) < 0 ) return false;
  return true;
needs to be more like:
Code:
 case $location[Chapel]:
  foreach i in $ints[4596, 4589, 4590, 4591]
   if(available_amount(to_item(i)) > 0 ) return true;
  return false;

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
sylz... no. Your solution won't work either. The logic for entering the Chapel is more complicated than that.

Released CounterChecker v1.4991

This is the "Lets pretend last release never happened and this is the real Hooray for Vanya's Chapel release" release.

Theraze

Yeah, I screwed up by having the first one for the CT in there. Works if you remove that one, but... Eh. :)

It's still not working for some reason. I looks like the script equipped my pixel morning star and continuum transfunctioner, but then the zone responded as if I wasn't properly equipped, CC assumed it was the wrong adventure number and returned to adventuring in the castle, where I promptly found a semirare (indicating that no adventures were actually spent in the Chapel).

From the log…

Code:
Checking counters now.
Getting a pixel stopwatch which is currently selling in the mall for 19,875 meat.
+offhand +equip continuum transfunctioner, +equip pixel morning star

[100115] Chapel
Encounter: 
Getting a pixel stopwatch which is currently selling in the mall for 19,875 meat.
Oops, that wasn't the right number!

[100115] Giant's Castle
Encounter: All The Rave
You acquire an item: Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler

And the next time around (directly from KoLmafia, which includes something the log didn't capture)…

Code:
Checking counters now.
Internal checkpoint created.
+offhand +equip continuum transfunctioner, +equip pixel morning star
Maximizing...
1 combinations checked, best score 0.0 (FAIL)

Visit to Vanya's Castle: Chapel in progress...

[100277] Chapel
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't appear that the script is actually equipping anything.

Theraze

Do you actually own a pixel morning star currently? According to your second quote, it failed to equip it...

slyz

Developer
It would be better for the script to just equip the continuum transformer and the chapel_weapon(), and simply maximize with "-offhand" (and "-weapon" if chapel is true).

jooga-kom

I am shamefully a total noob.

I have currently finished my very first ascension (that is the first one that's no-path casual) and haven't yet ascended.

I am doing a little meat-farming/bounty hunter lucre harvesting/ultra-rare round robin.
(I am spending an equal amount of adventures going to:
The Misspelled Cemetary
The Spooky Forest
Treasury
The Icy Peak
The Sleazy Back Alley
The Haunted Billiards Room
in the hopes of randomly hitting the ultra-rare lottery)

I guess I am a bit hesitant to do another ascension while I still have a strong character at the moment. I will take the plunge soon enough.

Meanwhile I have discovered kolmafia (hooray!) and it has made such shenanigans pretty darn easy.

I have started to look into using scripts such as CounterChecker as an aid to my searching around for rare items.

I remain utterly confused about what it is CounterChecker does, however, but remain hopeful given the very first post of the thread which mentions semi-rares....

So... how do I actually *use* this script?
I have added counterchecker.ash and zlib.ash to the .kolmafia/scripts directory. It shows up under the Scripts item in the menu.

It asked for and I entered:
Please input a value for string name: HI
Please input a value for int remain: 33

Now what?
I apologize for being so ignorant on how to actually use the scripts for kolmafia. Please feel free to point me to a link that explains it more clearly. I have looked for such a link but haven't yet found it.

Anyway, thanks for the hard work.

-jooga-kom

Bale

Minion
I remain utterly confused about what it is CounterChecker does, however, but remain hopeful given the very first post of the thread which mentions semi-rares....

So... how do I actually *use* this script?

Your problem is probably one of these:

• In the instructions you may have missed step 3.
    copy-paste set counterScript = CounterChecker.ash in the CLI.
    Once you do this it will trigger automatically.

• You seem generally confused about semi-rares. Are you aware that you need to eat a fortune cookie to know when they occur? This script will only trigger if you have eaten a fortune cookie.

Do you actually own a pixel morning star currently? According to your second quote, it failed to equip it...

Tried again with a pixel whip, pixel chain whip, and pixel morning star in inventory (as well as a continuum transfunctioner, of course), but still no dice.

Bale

Minion
I don't really have time right now. I'll look at the problem later. Can you post your session log from where it failed? I'm hoping there's an informative error.

Code:
Request 2 of 2 (Beanstalk: Giant's Castle) in progress...
Checking counters now.
Getting a pixel stopwatch which is currently selling in the mall for 19,750 meat.
Internal checkpoint created.
+offhand +equip continuum transfunctioner, +equip pixel whip
Maximizing...
1 combinations checked, best score 0.0 (FAIL)

Visit to Vanya's Castle: Chapel in progress...

[100389] Chapel
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

Getting a pixel stopwatch which is currently selling in the mall for 19,750 meat.

[100389] Giant's Castle
Encounter: All The Rave
You acquire an item: Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler

Theraze

Doesn't the +offhand force that as the only slot it can use? So what you'd want is +offhand, +weapon, so it can change both?

Winterbay

Or just skip the "+offhand" bit? I think mafia is smart enough to know that you can only put the transfunctioner in the offhand and since you've specified a 1-handed weapon to go with it that should work as well. Perhaps put it the other way around though so it is obvious into which hand to put the weapon.