Character Info Toolbox

Bale

Minion
Took care of that. Thanks to Darzil, it works very nicely indeed.

And that thing ckb wanted? Did that also.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Deleting the { worked for me too, though my editor kept confusing me with the ' quote in the middle of Walford's bucket. Sent me down an in incorrect path. Haha. All fixed now. Thanks!

Yeah, for this reason, I usually escape apostrophes in constants. It's the easiest approach without relying on fuzzy matching.

r313 commit message said:
Improve selecting best inventory gear. Finally make it work with experimental and minimal layouts. (Does anyone use those?)

As a datapoint, I prefer the minimal layout. I'm not sure how experimental differs from it?

In any event, it would be understandable if you did decide to remove them for ease of support.

Bale

Minion
Well, I'm not removing minimal. It's actually a pretty interesting display option. I never tried it before now, but now that I've seen it I may use it more. As for experimental, I believe that soolar had some intent for what it was going to become although he never got around to finishing it. (Hence the name.) It doesn't cause much trouble to keep it supported so I won't remove his work.

Bale

Minion
This is what mine looks like in Vanilla:

View attachment 8693

The images go from /adventureimages/vykfurn1.gif - /adventureimages/vkfurn6.gif. The blank space you see in my attached photo is part of the image itself, and would probably benefit from getting cropped (other images have whitespace on top, no idea why).

edit: it's because vykfurn5.gif takes up that much space, and I bet they wanted all the images to be the same dimension.

Finally decided to crop the white space out of the companion images. Anyone using a companion other than a lamp will hopefully appreciate the change.

Hellno

I keep having a somewhat frequent problem where the charpane will get stuck 'loading' and the only way to fix it is to completely close and then restart mafia. Hard to say if it's a CHIT or mafia issue, but it seems to only occur when there's been a slight connection issue. If i open the mini-browser (that doesn't have chit or any mafia relay stuff) the pane loads fine.

Bale

Minion
As far as I know, that has nothing to do with ChIT. A more useful test would be if the charpane gets stuck 'loading' would be if it happens after uninstalling ChIT.

I'm also not clear what you mean by stuck 'loading.' Is the charpane half-loaded? Are the tables garbled? Is it blank?

What browser are you using and does it happen if you switch browsers?

Hellno

As far as I know, that has nothing to do with ChIT. A more useful test would be if the charpane gets stuck 'loading' would be if it happens after uninstalling ChIT.
I'll give that a try for a few days.
I'm also not clear what you mean by stuck 'loading.' Is the charpane half-loaded? Are the tables garbled? Is it blank?
Basically it'll just get stuck in whatever state it's it, while the (browsers) tab icon spins. If I reload the entire page the charpane will just be a blank screen (tab icon will keep spinning). I can keep adventuring and chatting like normal but the charpane will never change again.
What browser are you using and does it happen if you switch browsers?
Chrome, but I can try another.

Bale

Minion
I use Opera Browser which is basically a skinned Chrome with a few additional features and I never see the issue.

Also, I'd like to know your OS and java version since that could be relevant.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
When that happens, you could try completely disabling ChIT (by renaming charpane.ash in the relay folder) to see if the charpane loads.

Cool12309

I'm not sure if it's just CHIT, because when that happens I also sometimes have issues with most images not loading and being stuck. It doesn't affect all images, as some show, but most are blank until I load a new page which causes them to have gray borders while waiting for the new page to load. I usually fix that by closing and reopening the relay browser, and then it's all fine again.

I just bugreported "The Deep Machine Tunnels" location name missing the article in mafia. I've done that before for a few locations (like "The Icy Peak", which mafia had as "Icy Peak" for years), purely because it stops Chit's florist brick from working.

I was thinking since its a common minor inaccuracy that only seems to cause an issue with Chit, you could instead just workaround it and get parseLoc() to try removing the article. Something like:
Code:
location parseLoc(string loc) {
		if(to_location(loc) != $location[none])
			return to_location(loc);
* NEW BIT
		if(loc.index_of("The ")==0 && to_location(loc.substring(4)) != $location[none])
			return to_location(loc.substring(4));
* END OF NEW BIT
		switch(loc) {	// Some of these are really tough for KoLmafia to deal with!
		case "(none)":
			return $location[none];
		case "The Orcish Frat House":
			return $location[Frat House];
		case "The Hippy Camp":
			return $location[Hippy Camp];
		}
		return get_property("lastAdventure").to_location();
	}

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If mafia has the incorrect location name, it won't have any data for the location in get_florist_plants( ). There is nothing a script can do to work around that other than parsing the florist page on its own.

Erich

A few quick things:

* Maybe I missed it, forgive me if I did, but why is the progress bar for Walford's bucket static? Compared to, say, the Gore Bucket for the CI quest, which only shows up when that bucket is equipped.

* In the vanilla options menu, if you click both "Display Quest Tracker in the Character Pane" and "Display Quest Tracker in a scrollable sub-frame", chit starts to display weird. The odd thing is that it only happens on my main. The only difference between chars is that my main has the Friars, and that display also borks. If this is known, feel free to ignore, but just in case, I'll throw up some screenies and html.

No quest tracker options:

http://imgur.com/pPyNSpi

html of chit frame:

http://pastebin.com/g8pTCnii

Those two quest tracker options clicked:

http://imgur.com/id2544g

html of chit frame:

http://pastebin.com/Y3M3QYwW

Cheers!

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
* I believe that the progress bar for Walford's bucket is only shown when appropriate. That is either if you have the bucket equipped or you are currently working on the quest. I like the later consideration because it reminds me to finish what I've started.

* I don't know what you mean by "Display Quest Tracker in the Character Pane" or "Display Quest Tracker in a scrollable sub-frame"
* Please copy/paste the output of zlib chit