Character Info Toolbox

Winterbay

Is there a way to separate timers (timer 1, timer 2, ...) out from the other effects? I mostly use the timers for the extra damage with the Ultracolor™ shirt and would like to just push them to the bottom of the list of effects.

That still works? I thought that would've been classified as a bug and fixed long ago...

Crowther

During Crimbo someone mentioned using it for more damage to warbears, but yes, that seems like a bug they should have fixed.

Erich

I think the bug was fixed in display only. So, the timers won't show in the shirt's description, but the damage will still be added. I dunno why it wasn't fixed proper yet.

Bale

Minion
Seems like a lot of fuss for little payoff, plus some people will actually want to use those as timers, so there'd need to be a preference to control the behavior. Definitely not something I want to bother with.

Razorsoup

Seems like a lot of fuss for little payoff, plus some people will actually want to use those as timers, so there'd need to be a preference to control the behavior. Definitely not something I want to bother with.

Okay. Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I'm now so proud of the way parseMods handles effect descriptions that I have enabled it as a default, starting now. Which won't affect the 20 people who have registered ChIT since I posted this yesterday.

I am one (or three) of those 20 people. Is the feature you're talking about the one controlled by "chit.effects.describe"? I like having the effect descriptions shown along with the effects. Especially when the hookah gives me random effects I am unfamiliar with.

Bale

Minion
Yup. That's it. when chit.effects.describe = true you can see the effect description. Neat, eh? That must be a godsend with the hookah. I'm enjoying it even with much easier to acquire effects. It makes a darn complicated game a little less complicated.

Darzil

Developer
Just a heads up, the bit of chit around "currentBountyItem" won't currently be doing much, as it's a legacy preference now, and the code using bounty and bounty_count won't work soon, as these proxy fields will be removed, due to being irrelevant (bounties are no longer items). You might want to remove it now so you don't get errors when I finish my current patch (still in testing).

rlbond86

I have a suggestion that might be neat. You know how you can click on an effect duration to use a SGEEA (if it's unshruggable)? It would be pretty neat if ChIT showed how many SGEEAs you had remaining before shrugging. Maybe in the tooltip or something?

Bale

Minion
That suggestion is... actually pretty darn good.

Edit: Implemented. svn update mafiachit and then check the tooltip.

Last edited:

Ioeth

Out of curiosity, does ChIT have support for showing the Highlands quest progress? This is something that I found extremely handy about the default KoL charpane that I haven't been able to find in ChIT yet.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Out of curiosity, does ChIT have support for showing the Highlands quest progress? This is something that I found extremely handy about the default KoL charpane that I haven't been able to find in ChIT yet.

There are two options for showing quest progress information. Both of these can be either added to ChIT and/or made to pop up in the toolbar.
The 'quests' brick will show you the same information that KOL shows you in the standard Char pane.
The 'tracker' brick will show you detailed ascension related quest information (including the Highlands quest).

See the chit_ReadMe.txt in your data folder for more details on how to add these and customize ChIT.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Edit: after some consideration about coloring and highlighting, it would probably be best to do the decorations of the effects by adding some additional CSS classes. This way, a user (me) could easily update the colors by having a custom css instead of a new charpane.ash

I made this change, adding some new css for the ParseMods decoration.
I included options for decorating the items/meat and ML, but left them non-decorated by default, so everything should look the same to you.

Attachments

• charpane.ash
    187.4 KB · Views: 22
  • chit.css
    13.2 KB · Views: 22

Bale

Minion
I'm not sure about the benefits of customizing CSS vs custom charpane since they're both in the svn, but sure.

Also, I'm gonna stop fiddling with and improving the tracker brick. I'm now using Ezandora's Guide. The tracker brick is just a "lite" version of the Guide so I'm no longer using it and turned it off.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I'm not sure about the benefits of customizing CSS vs custom charpane since they're both in the svn, but sure.

Also, I'm gonna stop fiddling with and improving the tracker brick. I'm now using Ezandora's Guide. The tracker brick is just a "lite" version of the Guide so I'm no longer using it and turned it off.

The advantage is that the css rarely changes, so it is easy to have a customized version, where the charpane.ash gets updated semi-frequently.

As for tracker vs. Guide... I'll check out this Guide of which you are speaking of and see if I can improve the tracker a bit. (when I have some more time to play and script again.) thanks.

Bale

Minion
As for tracker vs. Guide... I'll check out this Guide of which you are speaking of and see if I can improve the tracker a bit. (when I have some more time to play and script again.) thanks.

I'd say that the tracker is pretty much exactly what it should be right now. You're only going to need to upgrade it when the quests change.

You're not going to want to try to upgrade the tracker to have all the features of the guide. The guide is just too far above it and contains too much helpful advice to fit in the charpane. THIS is what my KoL looks like now!

Erich

I don't know if this is CHIT or Mafia; using CHIT's native familiar equipment changer, I get this message (r13563, latest chit build):

> equip familiar grimstone galoshes

Your Comma Chameleon can't wear a grimstone galoshes