Character Info Toolbox

roippi

Developer
It's more of a Dropbox issue, it corrupted your svn metadata. No way around it but to delete chit (save any local changes you've made of course) and re-checkout.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
It's more of a Dropbox issue

Care to elaborate? I've been having my dist directory in Dropbox since before the svn feature was implemented and I've never seen any issues. If there is a way to screw things up, or avoid that, I'd like to know so I can incorporate it into my standard operating procedure.

roippi

Developer
Couldn't say exactly. I know that I've seen the "pristine data" error 3 or 4 times now, and it's always users of dropbox.

I'm sure it's some race condition of svn updating some files while dropbox syncs other ones. I don't use dropbox so I can't say how to get around that, past making sure dropbox is done doing its thing before you launch mafia.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Couldn't say exactly. I know that I've seen the "pristine data" error 3 or 4 times now, and it's always users of dropbox.

I'm sure it's some race condition of svn updating some files while dropbox syncs other ones. I don't use dropbox so I can't say how to get around that, past making sure dropbox is done doing its thing before you launch mafia.

Thanks. As a general rule, I wait until Dropbox has sync'd before running mafia and strive not to shutdown a computer until is has sync'd.

Bale

Minion
I've kludged up CHIT a little to make it not barf on Sneaky Pete. Should hold folks over until someone more motivated adds proper support.

Could you tell why you don't like the support I already added? It hasn't thrown up since a few hours after the path rolled.

bleary

Could you tell why you don't like the support I already added? It hasn't thrown up since a few hours after the path rolled.

It didn't update for me. Something is clearly broken with my Mafia svn setup. It doesn't want to update when I have local changes in the /svn directory (which is a whole additional headache, since changes I make to live stuff in /relay or /scripts are subject to get overwritten with no notice). Possibly because it can't prompt when there's a conflict. Doesn't help that the SVN stuff built into mafia is incompatible with the latest command-line version of SVN so I have no way to debug the local repository or get diffs without downgrading svn.

Bale

Minion
Something is clearly broken with my Mafia svn setup.

Are you using dropbox? It has been noted that occasionally this causes a problem that has to be settled by deleting and reinstalling the script. (Followed by the optional step of copying your personal copy back into the /svn directory over the working copy so that you can sort out your changes.)

So uuhh, my motorcycle isn't showing up on CHIT. It says No Motorcycle? and the picture is replaced with the words 'main.php'. Mousing over where the picture is shows the stats of the motorcycle though.
The name I gave it has punctuation in it. Is that a problem?
r13738 and svn reinstalled didn't solve that.

Bale

Minion
So uuhh, my motorcycle isn't showing up on CHIT. It says No Motorcycle? and the picture is replaced with the words 'main.php'. Mousing over where the picture is shows the stats of the motorcycle though.
The name I gave it has punctuation in it. Is that a problem?
r13738 and svn reinstalled didn't solve that.

Huh. Possibly, if the punctuation contains a less-than character. Does it? It hadn't occurred to me that someone might do that. It might have been helpful if you had told me the name for your motorcycle.

IF that isn't the problem, please disable ChIT with zlib chit.disable = true and copy/paste the html source for the frame. (Source for frame, not page.) Maybe that will give me a clue.

Anyway, on the off-chance that you have a "<" in your Motorcycle's name, I'll push out a fix for that.

Svn updated and it works! Hurrah!
Eerr... Its name is: Ridin' whilst Readin'. Oh yeah,
(Yeah, thats a comma. The name has a comma... It was a mistake! Honest!)

Thanks for the fix!

Bale

Minion
Strange. It should have worked on commas. Well, the new version will work if someone does all kinds've wonky stuff.

I'm happy I made it work for you. 93/93!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
It didn't update for me. Something is clearly broken with my Mafia svn setup. It doesn't want to update when I have local changes in the /svn directory (which is a whole additional headache, since changes I make to live stuff in /relay or /scripts are subject to get overwritten with no notice). Possibly because it can't prompt when there's a conflict. Doesn't help that the SVN stuff built into mafia is incompatible with the latest command-line version of SVN so I have no way to debug the local repository or get diffs without downgrading svn.

Whether or not it is user friendly, requiring you to make your changes in the svn directory is by design. The mafia SVN code will merge with what is there and then overwrite what is in scripts. That decision was made, in part, so mafia doesn't have to deal with merges.

You definitely do not want anything dealing with SVN 1.8 to touch your mafia directories and if you have done so then that is probably teh source of your failure to update from mafia. I can't check at the moment but I am pretty sure mafia only supports a 1.7 format repository. After screwing up several local copies of stuff I just banned 1.8 tools from my systems because between it broke too much that was pegged to 1.6 or 1.7 for reasons beyond my control.

mafia's reasons for not supporting 1.8 are rooted in third party code that mafia uses but does not maintain. As suggested above, mafia is not the only tool on my desktop that does not support 1.8.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My solution to the 1.8 incompatibility was to have my 1.8 repository elsewhere and to checkout/update my own project in mafia the same as everyone else.

pithlit

So when AoSP first came out, I used zlib chit.disable = true since CHIT wasn't handling the motorcycle. Seems like it is now, so I used zlib chit.disable = false to re-enable it. Except it's not re-enabling. When I use "svn update" I get "CHIT: Compact Character Pane not supported" Is there something else I need to do?

Mafia build 13740
Firefox 27.0.1
CHIT r126

ereinion

I noticed a small bug in ChIT today:
a9F5Dhy.png

As you can see, the pasta thrall overlaps the bottom of my walls and scrollbar causing making it "impossible" to see what is there. Not a huge deal as the most relevant information will be at the top most of the time, but I thought I'd let you know.

ChIT settings:
Code:
¨        [COLOR=olive]> zlib chit[/COLOR]

[B]Copy/paste/modify/enter      any of the following lines in the CLI to edit settings:[/B]

zlib      chit.character.avatar = false
zlib chit.character.title = false
zlib      chit.checkversion = true
zlib chit.disable = false
zlib      chit.effects.classicons = none
zlib chit.effects.describe = false
zlib      chit.effects.layout = buffs,intrinsics
zlib chit.effects.modicons =      false
zlib chit.effects.showicons = true
zlib chit.effects.usermap =      false
zlib chit.effects.wrapCookie = false
zlib chit.familiar.hats =      spangly sombrero,sugar chapeau
zlib chit.familiar.pants = spangly      mariachi pants
zlib chit.familiar.protect = false
zlib      chit.familiar.showlock = false
zlib chit.familiar.weapons = time sword
zlib      chit.floor.layout = toolbar
zlib chit.helpers.dancecard = true
zlib      chit.helpers.semirare = true
zlib chit.helpers.wormwood = stats,spleen
zlib      chit.kol.coolimages = true
zlib chit.quests.hide = true
zlib      chit.roof.layout = character,stats,familiar,effects
zlib      chit.stats.layout = muscle,myst,moxie|spleen,stomach,liver|hp,mp,axel|mcd
zlib      chit.stats.showbars = true
zlib chit.toolbar.layout =      quests,helpers,modifiers,trail
zlib chit.toolbar.moods = bonus
zlib      chit.walls.layout =      thrall,muscle,myst,moxie|spleen,stomach,liver|hp,mp,axel|mcd
[COLOR=gray](If      no values were shown, no settings or values matched your input text. Type      "zlib vars" to see all.)[/COLOR]

Bale

Minion
So, your effects are at the bottom of your roof and the scrollbar in your roof is overlapping the thrall at the top of your walls.

Why do you say that the thrall overlaps the bottom of your walls? Is that your confusion or mine?

I'm more concerned with why I cannot see your ",muscle,myst,moxie|spleen,stomach,liver|hp,mp,axel|mcd" below the thrall. It looks really messed up, but perhaps if I could see more of the charpane image I'd have a better clue.