Character Info Toolbox

herakles

In my latest version, I'm no longer seeing the graphic for the elements chart. Not sure if it's just a problem with my installation or a genuine bug, but I figured I'd mention it.

Bale

Minion
Can't duplicate your bug, at least not without a lot more information. Since this script is so customizable I cannot know where you expect to see the elements chart.

How about you tell me where you expect to see the elements chart and type zlib chit into the CLI, then copy/paste the results here so I can see what chit believes it is told to do.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
zlib chit.toolbar.layout = modifiers,quests,elements,disable

The elements button is there, and clicking it brings up a window that appears to be empty below the title bar, but there are links and hover text at least. The element chart attached to Spirit of ... is working fine, maybe it's generating two of those that doesn't work?

herakles

The default chit has an elements chart button (at the bottom of the charpane). It used to display (a couple of versions ago) a nifty little graphic with the elements chart from the wiki. Clicking on it would cast spirit of *appropriate element*. Now it doesn't display the graphic, the hover text and click functionality is still there, but significantly more difficult to use.

Here's the output of zlib chit:
Code:
zlib chit.character.avatar = true
zlib chit.character.title = true
zlib chit.checkversion = true
zlib chit.disable = false
zlib chit.effects.classicons = none
zlib chit.effects.describe = false
zlib chit.effects.layout = songs,buffs,intrinsics
zlib chit.effects.modicons = true
zlib chit.effects.showicons = true
zlib chit.effects.usermap = false
zlib chit.familiar.hats = spangly sombrero,sugar chapeau,Chef's Hat,party hat
zlib chit.familiar.pants = spangly mariachi pants,double-ice britches,BRICKO pants,pin-stripe slacks,Studded leather boxer shorts,Monster pants,Sugar shorts
zlib chit.familiar.protect = false
zlib chit.familiar.showlock = false
zlib chit.familiar.weapons = time sword,batblade,Hodgman's whackin' stick,astral mace,Maxwell's Silver Hammer,goatskin umbrella,grassy cutlass,dreadful glove,Stick-Knife of Loathing
zlib chit.floor.layout = update,familiar
zlib chit.helpers.dancecard = true
zlib chit.helpers.semirare = true
zlib chit.helpers.wormwood = stats,spleen
zlib chit.kol.coolimages = true
zlib chit.quests.hide = false
zlib chit.roof.layout = character,stats
zlib chit.stats.layout = muscle,myst,moxie|hp,mp,axel|mcd|trail,florist
zlib chit.stats.showbars = true
zlib chit.toolbar.layout = trail,quests,modifiers,elements,organs
zlib chit.toolbar.moods = true
zlib chit.walls.layout = helpers,thrall,effects

Bale

Minion
Huh. A page or two ago someone else had a similar problem. Turned out that his /images/relayimages/elements2.gif was blank for some reason. He fixed it by deleting the chit installation and reinstalling it.

svn delete mafiachit
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/mafiachit/code/

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Huh. A page or two ago someone else had a similar problem. Turned out that his /images/relayimages/elements2.gif was blank for some reason. He fixed it by deleting the chit installation and reinstalling it.

svn delete mafiachit
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/mafiachit/code/

This exact thing happened to me. And this exact thing also fixed it.

Bale

Minion
I suspect I know why multiple people have a problem with that image being badly updated. There was an oddity with how I made that commit. I'm a little worried that it may be effecting other people so I'm fixing it with a force majeur.

svn update mafiachit

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That image wasn't blank for me, and I had removed that item from the toolbar since I didn't feel like making sure I didn't lose my changes. I see how this update fixed the issue for me, but I still have no idea what was actually broken.

Merneith

I just updated, as requested and when I was looking at the new vars_Sheena.txt just to see that it had worked, I noticed that this line was in there twice

chit.floor.layout update,familiar

Is it supposed to do that?

Bale

Minion
It's actually impossible for the same line to be in there twice. (Mafia is actually incapable of doing that.) There's some difference between them. If you cannot find the difference, please copy/paste them here and someone will help spot it.

Merneith

I'm sorry - my mistake. I must have accidentally copied that line twice while I was noodling with the settings just to see what I liked best. I must have introduced that error myself.

Thanks though for all your hard work on this mod. I couldn't imagine playing without it.

Winterbay

I have a small problem with ChIT as my current PM. The Pasta Ghost is stopping me from seeing all my active effects. I can scroll down but the box with the Ghost is on top of the bottom effects.

Image Attachment

My current settings are:
Code:
zlib chit.character.avatar = true
zlib chit.character.title = true
zlib      chit.checkversion = true
zlib chit.disable = false
zlib      chit.effects.classicons = none
zlib chit.effects.describe = false
zlib      chit.effects.layout = songs,buffs,intrinsics
zlib chit.effects.modicons      = false
zlib chit.effects.showicons = true
zlib chit.effects.usermap      = false
zlib chit.familiar.hats = spangly sombrero,sugar chapeau
zlib      chit.familiar.pants = spangly mariachi pants,double-ice britches,BRICKO      pants,pin-stripe slacks,Studded leather boxer shorts,Monster pants,Sugar      shorts
zlib chit.familiar.protect = false
zlib      chit.familiar.showlock = false
zlib chit.familiar.weapons = time sword
zlib      chit.floor.layout = update,familiar
zlib chit.helpers.dancecard = true
zlib      chit.helpers.semirare = true
zlib chit.helpers.wormwood = stats,spleen
zlib      chit.kol.coolimages = true
zlib chit.quests.hide = false
zlib      chit.roof.layout = character,stats,tracker,effects
zlib      chit.stats.layout = muscle,myst,moxie|hp,mp,axel|organs|mcd|trail,florist
zlib      chit.stats.showbars = true
zlib chit.toolbar.layout =      trail,quests,modifiers,elements,organs, disable
zlib chit.toolbar.moods      = true
zlib chit.walls.layout = helpers,thrall

Bale

Minion
I don't think the roof really likes being used that way. I have no idea how to fix it, but I think it will behave and look good if you copy/paste these three lines to the CLI:

zlib chit.roof.layout = character,stats,tracker
zlib chit.walls.layout = helpers,effects
zlib chit.floor.layout = update,thrall,familiar

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Bale - I wrote a function to take the effects descriptions and make them shorter and more pretty (in the effects brick, from chit.effects.describe).

Modified charpane.ash attached. Feedback appreciated.

ckb

Attachments

• charpane.ash
    188 KB · Views: 29

Bale

Minion
Nice! Thank you. I added that with only a few tiny changes. You'd probably be interested in what I did to the ugly comma concatenation at the end.