bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

Theraze

If mafia gets hung up in that way, it's probably a connection/mafia issue, not a script issue. Start by trying to do the store manager and giving it 5-10 minutes. If it never comes up, try starting a debug log (Help->Start Debug Log) and then Tools->Store Mananger. Let it run for 2-3 minutes, then Help->Stop Debug Log and post that. Maybe it's an item, maybe it's just that your connection isn't happy. But knowing how far mafia got before it choked should help. :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I should also point out that mafia gets hung up in the same way when I choose Tools -> Store Manager. I get "Requesting store inventory..." and then infinity/nothing.

15.3 is not the latest version. You need a recent build from here to do anything with the mall using mafia due to a KoL change.

Theraze

Ah yes... completely missed that part of it as well. Yeah... KoL changing things up means that 'stable' builds usually also are 'partially functional' builds. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This KoL change will inspire me to release 15.4 sooner rather than later specifically because of notes like this.

I want to get a few other things in first - like making the ASH modifier_eval and expression_eval functions return runtime errors for bogus expressions and arithmetic failures. That change will probably require fixes to this or that broken ASH script, and it will be nice if "the latest release" of both KoLmafia and said scripts work together. Although, fixed scripts should still work in the "current" code, so that probably doesn't matter.

Donavin69

I just noticed that the Kloop and the Groose are listed backwards in the Mr Items list (the Kloop is the FairyChaun, and the Groose is the VolleyChaun, but they are listed backwards)

not really a 'bug' just a note for when you release a new version...

Cubanrefugee

So how long does it take for the password to get changed when you send the kmail? I set up a password months and months ago, and can't remember it, so I submitted a new kmail to have it changed. Still can't get in to my profile. :(

bc_goldman

I've noted that a few of my discoveries don't show up in the profile: hot daub, rusty staff and wings of fire. I also noted that the capitalization doesn't match the game version and wonder if that might have something to do with it.

Also, it would be great if the consumption lists could be re-alphabetized. They are currently broken up into a couple sets each, presumably from newer content.

charred

open up the files on your computer. theyre in the data folder.
snapshot_dis_smith.txt and snapshot_dis_meat.txt

scroll to the bottom of the smith file and change Rusty staff to rusty staff and save the file.
scroll to the bottom of the meat file and change and change Hot Daub to hot daub, and Wings of Fire to wings of fire and save the file.

re-run snapshot and theyll show up

Theraze

Wouldn't it be easier to just check if my_path() equals one of the 4 'standard' paths? None, oxy, booze, teet. If you aren't one of those, you can't check your bookshelf... right?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Wouldn't it be easier to just check if my_path() equals one of the 4 'standard' paths? None, oxy, booze, teet. If you aren't one of those, you can't check your bookshelf... right?

beecore?
fistcore?
trendy?
bugbear invasion?

I actually don't remember which of these you can check your bookshelf. I want to say all of them (well, Trendy, sort of).

A check for class might be more useful.

Bale

Minion
Check bookshelf if($strings[None, Teetotaler, Boozetafarian, Oxygenarian, Bees Hate You, Way of the Surprising Fist, Bugbear Invasion] contains my_path())

It is outlawed in Boris and Zombiecore. In Trendy it only shows recent bookshelf skills so it shouldn't be checked there either. Note that the last one won't be indicated by a class check.

Theraze

Yeah, that's probably better, since it allows for all known paths and temporarily outlaws new paths until they're validated as working and added...

Winterbay

Well, there may be other things doing odd things as well and just putting a warning for the different path may be better than disallowing specific parts I guess.