bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

Kyta

I hope I am not missing something keenly obvious.

I very much love this script. I ran it last night after I jumped the gap and created some evil noodle type things (not in that order), but something happened wrong. Well, mafia sometimes doesn't handle everything properly when I take my stuff out of Hagnk's and when I ascend (though I tend to have more problems with the former). So I restart and try again. Same result.

http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/profile.php?u=kyta

That something is off is most noticeable on the skills. (Compare: http://www.sngx.net/skillChecker.cgi?hash=AvzP8gjzzM9jx88_D8IPzPMgwzMwj88zwL__AwDAAPMDDwAD)

But there are many errors in the familiars. (I do have a mosquito but not a coffee pixie.) Here, I see something of a pattern. My highlighted squares seem to be shifted exactly one to the right of where they should be (my 2 100% runs are NPZR and black cat, for example). This seems to be what is going on in the skills table as well. And the others.

Any help would be appreciated.

bumcheekcity

I have no idea how this error (reported by many people in the last few hours) is occuring. There have been no changes to the script or the website to my knowledge, but I won't have time for a couple days to look at it.

StDoodle

Minion
BCC; this error is likely related to the problems reading special characters from data files that was introduced with the recent data-caching. Newer mafia revisions should fix the problem.

Theraze

Might have had to do with the special characters failing to be set properly issue... If so, using the latest version of daily build should fix it...

kol honey

i'm still having trouble, I'm rather illiterate when it comes to scripts. can you guys give me more details on how to implement the script please?

Bale

Minion
i'm still having trouble, I'm rather illiterate when it comes to scripts. can you guys give me more details on how to implement the script please?

Certainly
  1. You need to download the script to Mafia's /script directory.
    As a Mac user, you'll need to save it at "~/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/scripts".
  2. Then you start mafia and at the top of the interface you'll see a menu choice "scripts".
    Click on that and choose this script from the drop-down menu.
  3. Wait and watch the "Graphical CLI" tab to see it working. Wait for it to finish.

Last edited:

LevelZero

BCC; this error is likely related to the problems reading special characters from data files that was introduced with the recent data-caching. Newer mafia revisions should fix the problem.

Upgrading to just a newer mafia version wasn't enough in my case.
I also had to remove all the snapshot_*.txt files under data/ prior to running the script to get this to work again.
Working OK now with r8985 (most recent version at the time of posting)

bumcheekcity

Thinks you're able to get them. Once you're able to get them, you just have to buy them for a fairly small amount of meat, which wouldn't be that interesting.

snave

Minor issue I'm having: The Rogue Program bit causes it to fail if you haven't acquired a token yet in a run. Gives the whole blank page, bitch to Jick message at the end (understandable), but this in turn crashes the script just prior to the data upload so nothing refreshes.

Also, out of curiosity, could you please explain how the demon name thing works? Does it check your Quest Log Notes for known elements of demon names and then add Tettar if you've got her in your terrarium? Or is there a hidden mafia logging/monitoring/datastorage function I'm unaware of that it harvests data from? Sorry if this one's somewhere in this thread, but I've had a quick browse and can't see it.

Cheers, and still loving the script! Great for skill-picking!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Also, out of curiosity, could you please explain how the demon name thing works? Does it check your Quest Log Notes for known elements of demon names and then add Tettar if you've got her in your terrarium? Or is there a hidden mafia logging/monitoring/datastorage function I'm unaware of that it harvests data from?
Type "demons" to see what mafia has stored. The preferences that this script uses are demonName1 through 9 (probably, I haven't actually looked at the code).

pierate

The script thinks I have several familiars that I don't, as well as not having several trophies that I do. Oddly, the Mr. Items section is correct, but the familiars aren't.

Winterbay

The script thinks I have several familiars that I don't, as well as not having several trophies that I do. Oddly, the Mr. Items section is correct, but the familiars aren't.

Try deleting the data files for the script in the data folder. That often helps.

halfvoid

Deleting the data files worked fine for me. Until I ran it again the next day. Same situation with everything one spot to the right. Only seems to work for me now if i manually delete the data files every time.

icon315

in the Trophy links
Let My People Go! should be Let My Bugbears Go!
Mellon Baller, Shot Caller should be Melon Baller, Shot Caller
Palidrophy should be Palindrophy
The Ghoul Cup should be The Ghuol Cup
Der Toastdeib should be Der Toastdieb
Black Hole Terranium should be Black Hole Terrarium
Jack of All Trades should be Jack of Several Trades
Potense of Pasta should be Potentate of Pasta
Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge should be Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge
I love a Parade should be I Love A Parade <===not sure why that doesn't redirect
Awww, Yeah should be Awwww, Yeah
Ameteur Tour Guide should be Amateur Tour GuideLosing your Marbles
Speakeasy Servant should be Speakeasy Savant
Losing your Marbles should be Losing Your Marbles<===Ditto

also could you add the LLK trophy and Tattoo?

Last edited: