bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

snooty

Sourceforge is fun like that... left-clicking on the download of a text file shows you the text file, it won't download. And copy-pasting doesn't give it to you in a 'normal' way.

Right-click or ctrl-click (if on Mac) on the "click here if you have problems" download link that only shows up for 5 seconds or so... if you manage to time it right, you should get to save as and actually force it to download. :) But you'll need to hurry...

The hoops we go through, huh? Thanks for that, Theraze, I'll try that now.

ETA: Tried it, I don't get a "click here if you have problems", just goes straight to text with no popup or "extra" link of any kind. Any other ideas? P.S., it'll be a while before I use it again, but knowing how to get the most current version reliably will probably be a big help in the future.

Last edited:

Winterbay

If you get the content of the text file I'd suggest you copy the content and paste it into, say notepad, save it as bumcheekascend.ash in your /scripts-folder and you should be fine. If you get some other strange content, then I have no idea :)

Theraze

Tried it, I don't get a "click here if you have problems", just goes straight to text with no popup or "extra" link of any kind. Any other ideas? P.S., it'll be a while before I use it again, but knowing how to get the most current version reliably will probably be a big help in the future.

On http://bumcheekascend.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bumcheekascend/bumcheekascend.ash?view=log do your right/ctrl click on the (download) in the HEAD section at the top. Then Save link as (or whatever your browser calls it) and try that out. :)

Sounds like something where you should just set an unconditional mood to abort if item_amount($item[hunter brain]) > 0.

That sounds promising...I tried to add an unconditional trigger but haven't figured out how to do that yet...but if I modify the mood and fire up the script, the script erases the mood so I believe I'd have to add it in to the script itself, right?

What I've been doing is eating/drinking very little and then I end up running the script lots of times....not exactly optimal or very hands off but certainly frees up a lot of my RL time, which is the whole goal of running the script for me. ;)

Theraze

I'm not a huge trigger user, but...
Code:
if (my_class() == $class[Zombie Master]) trigger unconditional, ashq if (item_amount($item[hunter brain]) > 0 && my_fullness() < fullness_limit()) abort;
That, somewhere in the default mood section, should make it add that abort properly if you can eat another hunter brain... I think. :D

Theraze

True. I considered that earlier and then got completely distracted between looking up the trigger wiki page and hitting submit. :)
Code:
if (my_class() == $class[Zombie Master]) cli_execute("trigger unconditional, ashq if (item_amount($item[hunter brain]) > 0 && my_fullness() < fullness_limit()) abort;");

True. I considered that earlier and then got completely distracted between looking up the trigger wiki page and hitting submit. :)
Code:
if (my_class() == $class[Zombie Master]) cli_execute("trigger unconditional, ashq if (item_amount($item[hunter brain]) > 0 && my_fullness() < fullness_limit()) abort;");

I'm near the end of my run, but I'll try it out and see if it works as advertised. ;) I should have a chance to get another hunter's brain (level 12, just started island war).

I added it after the "best anapests" line, since I wasn't sure if Zombie Slayer would pick up under muscle, moxie or mysticality.

Theraze

Should count as muscle, but... yeah, we have a class check in there. It won't hurt (much) having a single if-check that gets skipped on other classes.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Identifies them for me, both back when I used to run SS manually, as well as now through WHAM. Guessing you have some variable set that makes it decide it's too dangerous to try to ID them.

Sure would be nice to know which once since if I am not running defaults, it is so long since I changed them that I don't know what I changed or why.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member

I did all of the Trapper Quest manually except the final boss (since I ran out of turns). I forgot that and ran bccascend and it started trying to get the mining outfit. Since I had pulled the ore and cheese in softcore this may be a case of using the script in an unintended fashion, but it would be nice if it had and used a finer-grained knowledge of what portions of the quest had been completed.

Winterbay

Well... yes. It only checks quest progress for everything after the mining part since that is tracked by an internal setting. Any ideas for a good check to see if we've passed the mining? questL08Trapper only updates once you've returned both the ore and the cheese now so it's hard to differentiate those.

rendar55

Oi vey, now I get this...Script parsing error (bumcheekascend v0.52.ash, line 1), and it won't run at all. Going back to the previous version for now. When I click on download on the BCA SVN page, I get a page full of text. If I copy and paste that into notepad, I get a popup box about unicode characters. What am I missing here?

I too get this error. It lets me run the script precisely once per ascension, then it does nothing but that the rest of the time. Confirmed on 2 different computers over 4 different Internet connections. Not on purpose, I just travel a lot for work. I've also added a line of my own into the -com section of setMood for disquiet riot support: if (have_skill($skill[Disquiet Riot])) cli_execute("trigger lose_effect, Disquiet Riot, cast 1 Disquiet Riot"); It works just fine in 0.51, but maybe it breaks 0.52?

Well, it's not aborting if I have a hunter brain...here is what I have in there:

Code:
        switch (my_primestat()) {
                case $stat[Muscle] :

I don't see it adding in to the mood pane, so maybe there's a problem with the syntax?

I've never added one of these before...is there a good link to documentation for kolmafia that you guys use? The ones I've read are all extremely basic and not very helpful.