bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

You don't need a wang in any ascension... But apart from that revision 175 should fix that part. I've had no problem with the altars at all during boris runs or other runs so I'm not sure what that can be caused by.

snooty

I've had that issue as well for as long as I can remember, quite literally years. Even though I have "identify stone spheres" always enabled in mafia. Ever since support for hiddencity.ash basically ended, I've just been grateful anything worked at all, and just dealt with it. Sure, it stops any kind of ascension or quest script for that level, but the work around is 1 turn in the relay browser, not a huge deal.

ETA: Winterbay, I don't know where BCA SVN is located, the version I have was last modified on 8/16 according to the Source Forge page. If there's a different link for the SVN page I'd sure appreciate if someone could post it, maybe that would solve my problems :D

Last edited:
I've had that issue as well for as long as I can remember, quite literally years. Even though I have "identify stone spheres" always enabled in mafia. Ever since support for hiddencity.ash basically ended, I've just been grateful anything worked at all, and just dealt with it. Sure, it stops any kind of ascension or quest script for that level, but the work around is 1 turn in the relay browser, not a huge deal.

ETA: Winterbay, I don't know where BCA SVN is located, the version I have was last modified on 8/16 according to the Source Forge page. If there's a different link for the SVN page I'd sure appreciate if someone could post it, maybe that would solve my problems :D

Snooty, here is the link to download the latest SVN of BCA

http://bumcheekascend.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bumcheekascend/bumcheekascend.ash?view=log

Winterbay

I'd recommend fixing the fact that at the moment the script will not gather the frigid ninja stars for the tower, but apart from that then yes I think that would be a good idea.

snooty

Thanks, txrangersxx! I'll get that now and bookmark it. BCC, thanks so much for all your hard work on this and for making it available to the public.

<3

ETA: Also, is there any way to "tweak" familiar selection? I've got a fat groose, and kloop, but BCA is insisting on using my leprechaun for the nuns. There are other instances where BCA's familiar selection doesn't seem to make much sense, can't think of specifics atm but it's more than just the nuns.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Winterbay, would you recommend that a new version is spun from the SVN?

I think the version in the SCN i snow stable enough to be released as a new version. It should also be as close as we're ever going to get on zombie runs without adding skill acquisition into the script (á la Boris) but I don't think that's as easy especially since you have to eat to get the skill points.

bumcheekcity

Thanks, txrangersxx! I'll get that now and bookmark it. BCC, thanks so much for all your hard work on this and for making it available to the public.

Thankyou, but really the vast majority of the recent stuff has been Winterbay.

I'll spin a new version now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I've had no problem with the altars at all during boris runs or other runs so I'm not sure what that can be caused by.

On the contrary, I have never had BCCAscend complete a run with no manual intervention because it consistently aborts because it claims to be unable to identify the stone spheres. I have never been in a position to determine where to first pin the blame in an attempt to fix. I have always been suspicious that SmartStasis ignored mafia's identify spheres preference and valued stasis actions more than the ID or maybe WHAM figured SS was doing it but for whatever reason it remains undone. That said, the same scripts in combination do identify potions so I have to wonder why one works but the other doesn't.

Rowah

Is there any way of automating the tower monsters part, such that, when you don't have a specific item, the script gets it for you?

Theraze

On the contrary, I have never had BCCAscend complete a run with no manual intervention because it consistently aborts because it claims to be unable to identify the stone spheres. I have never been in a position to determine where to first pin the blame in an attempt to fix. I have always been suspicious that SmartStasis ignored mafia's identify spheres preference and valued stasis actions more than the ID or maybe WHAM figured SS was doing it but for whatever reason it remains undone. That said, the same scripts in combination do identify potions so I have to wonder why one works but the other doesn't.

Identifies them for me, both back when I used to run SS manually, as well as now through WHAM. Guessing you have some variable set that makes it decide it's too dangerous to try to ID them.

Ioeth

Looks like there's still a problem with the Trapper quest. I just updated to version 0.52 and got this:

Code:
Visit to McLarge: Ninja Snowmen in progress...

[506] Ninja Snowmen
Encounter: ninja snowman assassin
Strategy: /Users/ioeth/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/ccs/harvest.ccs [default]
Round 0: ioeth loses initiative!
You lose 80 hit points
Round 1: ioeth executes a macro!
Round 1: ioeth tries to steal an item!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
Round 2: ioeth attacks!
Round 3: ninja snowman assassin takes 60 damage.
Round 3: ioeth wins the fight!
After Battle: Tomenstein does a few breakdancing moves, barely slowing down to reattach an elbow mid-break.
You acquire an item: ninja carabiner
You gain 16 Muscleboundness
You gain 6 Mysteriousness
You gain 22 Sarcasm

Restoring HP! Currently at 11 of 95 HP, 60 of 94 MP, current meat: 4049 ... Target HP = 86.
Casting Disco Power Nap 1 times...
You gain 40 hit points
Disco Power Nap was successfully cast.
Campground request 1 of 1 in progress...

[507] Rest in your dwelling
You gain 39 hit points
You gain 40 Mojo Points

BCC: Climbing up to the Icy peak and searching for Groar.
Casting Moxie of the Mariachi 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Mariachi Mood (duration: 5 Adventures)
Moxie of the Mariachi was successfully cast.
Mood swing complete.

[507] Mist-Shrouded Peak
BCC: You aren't in a combat (or something to do with Ed which I can't work out), so bumRunCombat() doesn't need to do anything.

[507] Mist-Shrouded Peak
BCC: You aren't in a combat (or something to do with Ed which I can't work out), so bumRunCombat() doesn't need to do anything.

[507] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[507] Mist-Shrouded Peak
BCC: We have completed the stage [wand].
BCC: We have completed the stage [piratefledges].
BCC: levelMe(68, true) called.
Level 9 Starting

Request 1 of 64 (Dungeon: Daily Dungeon) in progress...

[507] Daily Dungeon (Room 1)
Encounter: Locked Door

This is what I get when It goes to idenity the spheres. I have fightProctetorSpectre set to true

[759] Hidden City (Square 3)
Encounter: Altared Perceptions
Unable to deduce correct stone. You may have to identify them yourself.

Looks like there's still a problem with the Trapper quest. I just updated to version 0.52 and got this:

Code:
Visit to McLarge: Ninja Snowmen in progress...

[506] Ninja Snowmen
Encounter: ninja snowman assassin
Strategy: /Users/ioeth/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/ccs/harvest.ccs [default]
Round 0: ioeth loses initiative!
You lose 80 hit points
Round 1: ioeth executes a macro!
Round 1: ioeth tries to steal an item!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
Round 2: ioeth attacks!
Round 3: ninja snowman assassin takes 60 damage.
Round 3: ioeth wins the fight!
After Battle: Tomenstein does a few breakdancing moves, barely slowing down to reattach an elbow mid-break.
You acquire an item: ninja carabiner
You gain 16 Muscleboundness
You gain 6 Mysteriousness
You gain 22 Sarcasm

Restoring HP! Currently at 11 of 95 HP, 60 of 94 MP, current meat: 4049 ... Target HP = 86.
Casting Disco Power Nap 1 times...
You gain 40 hit points
Disco Power Nap was successfully cast.
Campground request 1 of 1 in progress...

[507] Rest in your dwelling
You gain 39 hit points
You gain 40 Mojo Points

BCC: Climbing up to the Icy peak and searching for Groar.
Casting Moxie of the Mariachi 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Mariachi Mood (duration: 5 Adventures)
Moxie of the Mariachi was successfully cast.
Mood swing complete.

[507] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[507] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[507] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[507] Mist-Shrouded Peak
BCC: We have completed the stage [wand].
BCC: We have completed the stage [piratefledges].
BCC: levelMe(68, true) called.
Level 9 Starting

Request 1 of 64 (Dungeon: Daily Dungeon) in progress...

[507] Daily Dungeon (Room 1)
Encounter: Locked Door

Theraze

And... how are you identifying the spheres? I see you're using harvest.ccs, but... does it ever actually identify the spheres? Is mafia set to automatically identify the spheres, and you either have special action or SmartStasis or WHAM or something else like that integrated into your harvest.ccs, or have you just completely missed that part?

And why quote someone else's unrelated problem? Or is someone using release BCA instead of SVN version the same issue you're having, and you're trying to let us know that you know your problem is caused by using old and... ahh! :)

snooty

Oi vey, now I get this...Script parsing error (bumcheekascend v0.52.ash, line 1), and it won't run at all. Going back to the previous version for now. When I click on download on the BCA SVN page, I get a page full of text. If I copy and paste that into notepad, I get a popup box about unicode characters. What am I missing here?

And... how are you identifying the spheres? I see you're using harvest.ccs, but... does it ever actually identify the spheres? Is mafia set to automatically identify the spheres, and you either have special action or SmartStasis or WHAM or something else like that integrated into your harvest.ccs, or have you just completely missed that part?

And why quote someone else's unrelated problem? Or is someone using release BCA instead of SVN version the same issue you're having, and you're trying to let us know that you know your problem is caused by using old and... ahh! :)

I only have WHAM in my CCS and the quoting was a mistake on my part sorry. I am using the current SVN of Mafia and BCA.

Winterbay

Oi vey, now I get this...Script parsing error (bumcheekascend v0.52.ash, line 1), and it won't run at all. Going back to the previous version for now. When I click on download on the BCA SVN page, I get a page full of text. If I copy and paste that into notepad, I get a popup box about unicode characters. What am I missing here?

Odd. Sounds like you had some kind of network glitch or something. I've been running the script all day without problems.

Theraze

Sourceforge is fun like that... left-clicking on the download of a text file shows you the text file, it won't download. And copy-pasting doesn't give it to you in a 'normal' way.

Right-click or ctrl-click (if on Mac) on the "click here if you have problems" download link that only shows up for 5 seconds or so... if you manage to time it right, you should get to save as and actually force it to download. :) But you'll need to hurry...

I think the version in the SCN i snow stable enough to be released as a new version. It should also be as close as we're ever going to get on zombie runs without adding skill acquisition into the script (á la Boris) but I don't think that's as easy especially since you have to eat to get the skill points.

The only suggestion I would have there is to abort if you get a hunter's brain...I don't know how hard that is though. Then the user could eat the hunter brain, pick a skill, then fire the script back up. We're already halfway through the seasonal run, so I wouldn't put much effort into it unless people need to automate a bunch of runs to get a skill (assuming there is one like the Boris path had).

Theraze

Sounds like something where you should just set an unconditional mood to abort if item_amount($item[hunter brain]) > 0.