bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ferdawoon

Just squeezing in a quick SoftCore AoB run to ghrind to lvl30 while waiting for the new Path to come out. I set it to do SC as if it was HC; but something that "annoy" me is the lack of maximizer commands =(
I know I am ment to sort an outfit on my own but I really liked all the different critera the script game to the maximizer, and would like for that to continue :D
Any chance for a setting somewhere where I can let the script sort my outfits as if it was HC?

Just a sidenote, if I set the Maximizer tool to include buyable / pullable, will it still use that when called by a script such as BCA? Or is there some override thingy?
Because then, in practice, I could just let it sort maximizer thingys on its own and tell it that it is ok to pull whatever it want, such as outfits :D
But then an outfit-call would be needed before starting to farm outfits and similar things to make sure I have the stuffs in closet, Hagnks or my inventory, so it don't spend turns farming items I already have. Hmm.. Suddenly it was a lot more than just changing to allow for maximizer commands in SoftCore >.<

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

That could be useful. File a request on sourceforge and it can be actioned sometime, though it won't be high priority for me.

As I've mentioned previously, the script is generally working well and I'm going to be taking a backseat and limiting myself to tweaks, managing the sourceforge page, and spinning releases when necessary. I have a lot of RL work coming up at the moment and need to restrict myself to that, but regularly check this thread and the sourceforge page.

With that said, I'm keen for the script to support the Bugbear path if this isn't too hard and after a few days that can be considered when it's spaded more. Considerations from other contributors as to the ease of supporting it are of course welcome.

lightwolf

Probably a minor thing, but i noticed that when doing a casual ascension, the script does not bother to buff non-combat (smooth/soneta) for the friars quest.

*edit* it seems to handle other zones that require non-combat just fine.

Also, when going from the protecter spirit to Ed, and using 11 ratchets, it never bothers to change out of hippy outfit (probably because it hadn't otherwise hit adventure.php so didn't try to reset equipment.)

Last edited:

Crowther

With that said, I'm keen for the script to support the Bugbear path if this isn't too hard and after a few days that can be considered when it's spaded more. Considerations from other contributors as to the ease of supporting it are of course welcome.
At a minimum, it would be nice to keep the script from farming things that aren't needed. The keys, the two wands and the star items all come to mind. That's also a lot easier than dealing with each room and its unique rules.

Winterbay

Probably a minor thing, but i noticed that when doing a casual ascension, the script does not bother to buff non-combat (smooth/soneta) for the friars quest.

It does, it's just that at that point most people fail the willmood-check (in hardcore, has the elite outfit, has more than 5k meat or has more than 100 mp) and so it won't in order to make sure the script doesn't abort needlessly.

Edit: Ehh, yes, casual ascencions do per definition fail the "in hardcore" check. Reading comprehension fail for me :)

Last edited:

Crowther

At a minimum, it would be nice to keep the script from farming things that aren't needed. The keys, the two wands and the star items all come to mind. That's also a lot easier than dealing with each room and its unique rules.
Patch submitted. Sorry about the messy first try.
It was even easier than I expected. It's so nice working with clean code. You've no idea what kind of mess the "programers" I work with create.
I think the next step would be to auto buy a key-o-tron when there's enough BURT.

Can someone tell me what i'm missing here?

My BCA started returning this message the other day (not just for the Hippy outfit, but I can't confirm that it is happening for all outfits):

No outfit found matching: filthy hippy disguise -equip Boris's Helm

I was under a time-crunch in real life, so I took the easy way out and just renamed the outfit to include the "-equip Boris's Helm". I am not in a Boris run, nor do I own a Helm. Has this already been addressed and I missed it, or did one of the random wrenches I've thrown finally make its way into 'the works'?

crazybone

hello! i am in a HC bugbear invasion run, how can i set the script to not look for keys and not to create the star items?

it kinda takes a lot of adventures to get the star items so id rather skip that.

Winterbay

hello! i am in a HC bugbear invasion run, how can i set the script to not look for keys and not to create the star items?

it kinda takes a lot of adventures to get the star items so id rather skip that.

There are three ways:
1) Edit the script yourself
2) Get the SVN-version from the sourceforge repository which has been updated with most of those things
3) Wait for an official release that fixes it :)

bumcheekcity

Is it worth quickly spinning a 0.48 to fix some of the easier issues for the Bugbear runs - particularly relevant if it seems like it's already been done?

Winterbay

There's one small thing that should probably be done first, and that is adding a "return false" to the digital key part in order to not gather that for the current path. That's the basic thing that's needed for the bugbear path at the moment (the other ones are already taken care of in the SVN version).

I am getting this error in the Palindome:

BCC: We would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't because Everything Looks Yellow.
You don't have enough null

Then it aborts. Any thoughts?

bumcheekcity

There's one small thing that should probably be done first, and that is adding a "return false" to the digital key part in order to not gather that for the current path. That's the basic thing that's needed for the bugbear path at the moment (the other ones are already taken care of in the SVN version).

I've just done this on r128, and spun the latest version.

Last edited:

Winterbay

I am getting this error in the Palindome:

BCC: We would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't because Everything Looks Yellow.
You don't have enough null

Then it aborts. Any thoughts?

We need some more info. Class for example, and preferrably some gCLI-output around the incident as well.

I've just done this on r128, and spun the latest version.

Great, I'm working on trying to get the other specific parts figured out (hunting for bugbears), it's a bit tricky without knowing where we stand at the moment, and Mafia isn't tracking that yet. I'm preparing for when it is being tracked :)

Class: Accordion Thief

CCS:
[ default ]
special action
if happymediumglow red
skill siphon spirit
endif
if hasskill release the boots
skill release the boots
endif
attack with weapon
attack with weapon
attack with weapon
attack with weapon
attack with weapon
attack with weapon
attack with weapon
attack with weapon
skill cannelloni cannon

I don't have the session open any longer but those were the only lines, here is the session info but that isn't as helpful. After I got the error message I went into the browser and launched my basic combat macro because it aborted automation. It did have the Heboulder equipped but it had already used the Yellow Ray.

[756] Palindome
Encounter: Drab Bard
Round 0: deathshade wins initiative!
> BCC: We would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't because Everything Looks Yellow.
> BCC: We would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't because Everything Looks Yellow.
Round 1: deathshade executes a macro!
Round 1: deathshade attacks!
Round 2: drab bard takes 47 damage.
Round 2: "These trousers are so fancy they make me feel invincible!" Scared y-Pants cries. "I am the matador and the bull, and the arena in which they fight! Make your move!" Your opponent shuffles nervously, not sure whether to step up or not.
Round 2: deathshade attacks!
Round 3: drab bard takes 48 damage.
Round 3: drab bard takes 18 damage.
You lose 7 hit points
Round 3: deathshade attacks!
Round 4: drab bard takes 53 damage.
Round 4: "These trousers are so fancy they make me feel invincible!" Scared y-Pants cries. "I am the matador and the bull, and the arena in which they fight! Make your move!" Your opponent shuffles nervously, not sure whether to step up or not.
Round 4: deathshade attacks!
Round 5: drab bard takes 49 damage.
Round 5: deathshade wins the fight!
You gain 123 Meat
After Battle: "Tell me, deathshade, have you the proper ballroom dance training to dance the tango? No, I thought not. Very well, I shall demonstrate." He dances ferociously, clapping and stomping.
You acquire an item: olive
You acquire an item: drab sonata
You gain 6 Beefiness
You gain 6 Magicalness
You gain 31 Smarm