bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

That problem can be easiest fixed by you setting the ignore safe moxie in hardcore to true for now until someone has a chance to look at it.

slyz

Developer
I think I'm running into an issue with the script over-leveling.
This is simply due to the script's cheap and easy strategy of out-moxie-ing everything. As your output shows:

Code:
Need to Level up a bit to get 229 Mainstat
The script decides that it needs to level because of this bit of code:
PHP:
int sMox = safeMox(loc) - (get_property("bcasc_ignoreSafeMoxInHardcore") == "true" ? safeMox(loc) : 0);

if (my_buffedstat(my_primestat()) < sMox && loc != $location[Haunted Bedroom])	{
	//Do something to get more moxie.
	print("Need to Level up a bit to get "+sMox+" Mainstat", "fuschia");
	levelMe(sMox);
}
Basically, safeMox(loc) returns the highest monster attack in the zone + 4. Including ML. And including the ML added by the Bs in the monster names in Beecore.

The script is just behaving as expected.

Winterbay

Yeah, the problem is that at level 11 it is going to the temple which has scaling monsters in it. I guess it'd be better if we actually set safeMox to return your mainstat for the hidden temple.

slyz

Developer
In the bit he posted, the script was preparing to find the black market (in Beecore, so with stronger monsters than usual), but I can see how trying to raise your stats to be able to out-moxie scaling monsters could be a problem.

Winterbay

Ahh yes, the BlackBerry Bush... Monster attack 186, in BHY ~298.
If you have saucecrafting one way to get around it is to create a moxie-boosting potion since the script will only check your current stat and not your stat in 5-15 turns which will let you pass as well.
I think the main reason I never noticed that in my BHY runs is because I did all of them as a myst-class...

But the easiest way is, as I mentioned in my first post, to ignore safe moxie in hardcore. With a good CCS that shouldn't be a problem with enough skills.

Edit: The SVN-version returns 60 for the temple at all times, which is probably fine.

Tussosedan

The script tried to get KGE, so I yellow rayed it.
But it still keeps trying to get it...
Am I doing something wrong?

BCC: Getting the KGE Outfit
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Magical Mojomuscular Melody, cast 1 The Magical Mojomuscular Melody
Mood swing complete.
Need to Level up a bit to get 34 Mainstat
BCC: levelMe(34, false) called.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Magical Mojomuscular Melody, cast 1 The Magical Mojomuscular Melody
Mood swing complete.
Need to Level up a bit to get at least 34 buffed Primestat. This means getting 1 Primestat.
BCC: But, we're a myst class, so we don't really mind about safe moxie that much. We'll only try to get 21 instead.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition already met: Knob Goblin elite pants
Condition already met: Knob Goblin elite polearm
Condition added: Knob Goblin elite helm
BCC: Setting goals of '1 Knob Goblin elite pants, 1 Knob Goblin elite polearm, 1 Knob Goblin elite helm'...

Request 1 of 6 (Knob: Cobb's Knob Barracks) in progress...

Winterbay

The script tried to get KGE, so I yellow rayed it.
But it still keeps trying to get it...
Am I doing something wrong?

You appear to be lacking a Knob Goblin Elite Helm from what it looks like in that quote which is what the script is going hunting for. If you yellow-rayed for it then I wonder where that piece of equipment went.
(The text does not update based on what you already have, but as you can see all but one was listed by Mafia as already met:
Code:
Condition already met: Knob Goblin elite pants
Condition already met: Knob Goblin elite polearm
Condition added: Knob Goblin elite helm

yoshiko11

Just got this script today after updating kol mafia to 15.1 and I got this error,

Function 'minstrel_instrument( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (bumcheekascend v0.46.ash, line 2155)

,any idea as of how to fix it?

Just got this script today after updating kol mafia to 15.1 and I got this error,

Function 'minstrel_instrument( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (bumcheekascend v0.46.ash, line 2155)

,any idea as of how to fix it?
You're using a stable release which this script doesn't support. Upgrade to a recent daily build. (This will be resolved once 15.2 is released.)

Winterbay

To find such a build go to builds.kolmafia.us and download the .jar file at the top. It'll run just as fin as any .exe-file if your computer is set up properly :)

Tussosedan

Another question:

I'm at the friars, and got myself a nice double-ice box that deals damage every round and can easily kill the monsters.
However, the script keeps aborting (though it does equip the double-ice box):

BCC: Monster HP is 22
BCC: These are the figures for Salsaball: Bonus: 4.0 and 1.1%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 50.0
BCC: Strong Element to our pasta tuning.
BCC: I expect 0 damage from Salsaball
Please fight the remainder of the fight yourself. You will be seeing this because you do not have a spell powerful enough to even four-shot the monster.
You're on your own, partner.

What can I do?

Winterbay

Well, you can get a better spell than salsaball I guess seeing as that appears to be the only one you have. Other than that, if you have other skills from say SC or TT and so on you can set up a good CCS and set the script to use your CCS instead of the built-in myst-consultscript.

Tussosedan

Well, you can get a better spell than salsaball I guess seeing as that appears to be the only one you have. Other than that, if you have other skills from say SC or TT and so on you can set up a good CCS and set the script to use your CCS instead of the built-in myst-consultscript.

Oh, now I understand why it ignored my CCS...
That's the bcasc_doMystAsCCS option, right?

Edit: did some searching, would WHAM help in this case?

Last edited:
Would it be useful to add an option to not use ben-gal balm in Boris runs? I've only done one run but I spent over 10,000 meat on it during that run...and I was constantly running low on meat. Maybe if I picked different skills it would have been different, but I wanted to get the +50% muscle to make the NS fight easier. ;)

EDIT: I did modify my local copy of the script so if I have less than 4000 meat it doesn't use the balm, so I'll see how that goes...I just get tired of going in and having to autosell a bunch of stuff to get it back. Maybe when I can get more songs for the meat/item drops that won't be an issue. :D

So...I'm on my 2nd Boris run, and I haven't done much different except I started with 2 more skills, but now it seems like I'm not having the meat problems like I did before...so I don't think this is a big issue. I've kept my settings though to not use Ben Gal Balm if I drop below 4,000 meat. I just don't like it getting that low in case I need to buy stuff for quests or crafting.