bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Some quests could be left unfinished, maybe HitS, to have enough stuff to flyer.

If GMoB is the preferred method for the script, then maybe all classes should go to the bathroom for powerleveling until GMoB is set up.

Keep in mind that I haven't ever even downloaded this script to look at it, so my thoughts don't necessarily count for much.

Winterbay

Ehm... One of my earlier fixes seems to have broken the knobking fighting all together (well unless you're moxie). I've fixed it but can't actually upload a fix until this evening (in 8 hours or so) so in the meantime replace the creation of the knob cake with the following:
Code:
if (item_amount($item[Knob cake]) == 0) {
	if(to_boolean(get_property("requireBoxServants"))) {
		if(user_confirm("BCC: You have requireBoxServants set to true. The script want to create a Knob Cake, do you wish to continue?")) {
			set_property("requireBoxServants", false);
				if (cli_execute("make knob cake")) {}
				set_property("requireBoxServants", true);
			}
		}
		else 
		{
			if (cli_execute("make knob cake")) {}
		}
	}
}

bumcheekcity

Some quests could be left unfinished, maybe HitS, to have enough stuff to flyer.

If GMoB is the preferred method for the script, then maybe all classes should go to the bathroom for powerleveling until GMoB is set up.

Keep in mind that I haven't ever even downloaded this script to look at it, so my thoughts don't necessarily count for much.

Of course. But then you'd have to guess how many, and how long they'd take, etc.

Putting cyrus back in is a good idea from my point of view, but I won't get a chance to go it before 0.40, which will happen as soon as Winterbay uploads the above fix. I completely appreciate the massive suboptimality in this area.

Hi - just wanted to report an infinite loop I just got into, the following over and over.

Code:
[68] Guano Junction
Encounter:
BCC: We've     already got Clovers Today
BCC: We're going     to end up with one and exactly one ten leaf clover
Using 1     ten-leaf clover...
You acquire an item: disassembled clover
Finished     using 1 ten-leaf clover.
Using 1 disassembled clover...
You acquire     an item: ten-leaf clover
Finished using 1 disassembled clover.

trying to use a clover in guano junction, but i dont have stench resistance.

Edited to say that even after I manually got stench resist and did use a clover for sonars, it went back into this loop. running it manually now.

Last edited:
I got this message today during a HC Oxy run using the script. My clan does have a fax machine so what have I missed here

> BCC: We are going to fax a Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
> BCC: Checking existing fax first. Don't panic if this is the wrong monster - we won't use the wrong monster.

fax receive
> BCC: Unable to get fax. Do you have a fax machine?
> BCC: The monster faxing failed for some reason. Let's continue as normal though.
mcd 0

I got this message today during a HC Oxy run using the script. My clan does have a fax machine so what have I missed here

> BCC: We are going to fax a Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
> BCC: Checking existing fax first. Don't panic if this is the wrong monster - we won't use the wrong monster.

fax receive
> BCC: Unable to get fax. Do you have a fax machine?
> BCC: The monster faxing failed for some reason. Let's continue as normal though.
mcd 0

I am assuming you have a VIP key, but just in case.... do you have a VIP key?

Winterbay

Of course. But then you'd have to guess how many, and how long they'd take, etc.

Putting cyrus back in is a good idea from my point of view, but I won't get a chance to go it before 0.40, which will happen as soon as Winterbay uploads the above fix. I completely appreciate the massive suboptimality in this area.

Fix has been uploaded. The script should now also create aliases based upon the filename of the script run rather than assuming that it is called.

207 pages is a lot to read through so I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.

About how many day can I expect it to take for the script to do a no skill (well, I've got a hand full of Tomes, Librams and Grimoires but lets not count them and let me be pleasantly surprised if they reduce the day count) HC run? What about HCO? We'll also let my Mr. A familiars surprise me if they reduce the day count too.

What does it mean that it will "Ascend Muscle and Myst characters mostly"? What can I expect to need to do myself if I'm running Muscle or Myst?

I realize it wasn't intended for Badmoon, but has anyone tried it and found it worked? If it's too dificult to do BM with this script is there another script out there that DOES do BM?

I ask mostly because stainless/plexi/brimstone gear would be useful but the play style of HC/BM seems like it would just feel like beating my head against my desk to me. If it's viable for me to get the gear using the script while interspersing it with SC runs I'll enjoy that would be wonderful. I don't ask for it to get record day counts or anything, speed is not generally my game, but I don't want to get stuck trying for two months to finish a run either.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My guesses here are based on whatever I'm (mis)remembering from reading this thread; I have never even downloaded the script.

What I remember seeing earlier is that you should have hero before trying this script for muscle classes. You probably want a spell suite permed to try a myst class.

My guess is that with no skills, it will either abort regularly due to running out of resources or spend a lot of time leveling in the hidden temple (aiming for safe moxie).

Theraze

Regarding BadMoon ascensions, the Rinn Quest scripts will do that, but they're all individual scripts, so you'll need to decide when you're ready for Level 5, Level 6, etc. Also, if you're trying to do the Black Cat 100% ascension, expect to lose important fights. A lot. Because that's what the stupid cat does.

But yeah, Bad Moon ascensions should work with just about any script set, as long as it can work on a true no-skill basis.

Winterbay

207 pages is a lot to read through so I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.

About how many day can I expect it to take for the script to do a no skill (well, I've got a hand full of Tomes, Librams and Grimoires but lets not count them and let me be pleasantly surprised if they reduce the day count) HC run? What about HCO? We'll also let my Mr. A familiars surprise me if they reduce the day count too.

What does it mean that it will "Ascend Muscle and Myst characters mostly"? What can I expect to need to do myself if I'm running Muscle or Myst?

I realize it wasn't intended for Badmoon, but has anyone tried it and found it worked? If it's too dificult to do BM with this script is there another script out there that DOES do BM?

I ask mostly because stainless/plexi/brimstone gear would be useful but the play style of HC/BM seems like it would just feel like beating my head against my desk to me. If it's viable for me to get the gear using the script while interspersing it with SC runs I'll enjoy that would be wonderful. I don't ask for it to get record day counts or anything, speed is not generally my game, but I don't want to get stuck trying for two months to finish a run either.

If you do a no-skill run I would definitely recommend doing it as a moxie class because otherwise the script is going to abort lots due to lack of resources or insufficient levelling. Timewise I haev no idea however...

For muscle classes it means that teh scritp will behave oddly (and do suboiptimal things) unelss you have hero and a shield. For myst it works, but unless you have at least a few spells it'll probably have trouble finding good ways to kill monsters. It works just fine otehrwise (my fully skilled Sauceror does 5-day runs just fine).

BadMoon is once again going to abort relatively often due to lack of resources (I guess you could tell it to not run moods, there's a setting for that) but should work fine I guess. There's no special code needed for BM ascencions.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
For muscle classes it means that teh scritp will behave oddly (and do suboiptimal things) unelss you have hero and a shield.

If I am doing HC then I have to acquire the shield in run right? If so, is it reasonable to expect BCC Ascend to acquire the shield for me? (It has been complaining that I don't have one but the significance of that complaint did not dawn on me until reading the above comment ).

bumcheekcity

The script doesn't and won't collect a shield for you. Partly because I'm now really intending the script to be really all about the moxie, and just farming Karma, and partly because the Pen Pal kit and Astral Shield are available from turn 0 so I'd recommend those.

bumcheekcity

I tried a zero-skills zero-IOTM run as an AT a few months ago and got 10 or 11 days. No manual play at all other than eating and drinking, and lazily typing "adv 40 treasury" once to sort meat out.

The script will obviously do HCO as well as HC (there'll be no eatining/drinking so it's 100% automated), but is it really worth scripting a run where you only get 40/60 turns a day anyway? BM Moxie works better than I tend to expect, though resources are a continued problem (again, "adv 40 treasury" helps there). BM Muscle and Myst isn't supported and isn't going to be.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The script doesn't and won't collect a shield for you. Partly because I'm now really intending the script to be really all about the moxie, and just farming Karma, and partly because the Pen Pal kit and Astral Shield are available from turn 0 so I'd recommend those.

The former is a Mr. A item that I don't have. I tend to be miserly with karma but suspect I should buy the latter if I am going to BCC Ascend as Muscle. The takeaway for me is that when BCC Ascend tells me I don't have a shield, I should interpret that as a call to (my) action rather than watch it scroll by as an informative message.

Thanks.

I added a suggestion, if we don't have everything looks yellow, the script could yellow ray a handsome mariachi for the handsomeness potion instead of stopping like this:

Code:
Level 13 Starting
BCC: We     have not completed the stage [lair0].
BCC: We     have not completed the stage [lair0].
BCC:     You have at least one tropical orchid for telescope part 7
BCC:     You have at least one inkwell for telescope part 6
BCC:     You haven't completed the stage 'buyfromthemarket' for the hair spray for     telescope part 5
BCC: You have at least one     baseball for telescope part 4
BCC: You have     at least one bronzed locus for telescope part 3
BCC:     You have at least one photoprotoneutron torpedo for telescope part 2
BCC:     You have at least one Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub for telescope part 1
BCC:     We have completed the stage [lair0] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_lair0     => 86
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair0].
BCC:     We have not completed the stage [lair1].
BCC:     We see Gate of Slack
BCC: We have the     effect/item, for that gate.
BCC: We see     Gate of Intrigue
BCC: We do not have the     item for that gate. (We need a handsomeness potion for that.)
We     need a 'handsomeness potion', but the script cannot get this item (if you     are in softcore, you can't pull it either).

It's what I do anyway when it stops like that. ;)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes, I just got the same error and I got it while just calling "tavern" from the CLI. I wonder if Veracity's change in the latest version solves this.
I think so, but I can't test it right now.
I just tested the "tavern" CLI command this afternoon. It worked as expected: it explored using KoLmafia's preset pattern until it found the faucet, turned off the faucet, collected the reward from Bart Ender, and stopped.

I've been having issues with the tavern part using this script in that it seems to infinite loop. I've processed it manually to bypass so I can't copy/paste what is says currently, but i'll keep my eye on it next time through.

Theraze

Maybe if combat fails to complete and the tavern command is executed while already in combat? Not sure, since it doesn't happen to me, but...