bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

slyz

Developer
There appears to be a problem with mafia's tavern() function. I ran into the problem yesterday, but I haven't had time to investigate (I didn't have Anapests btw).

Tom Sawyer

Bumcheek one quick question. I notice the script tends to use the stomping boots in the ballroom when powerleveling but it never uses release the boots?

Would it be better to use a different item find familiar to get more dance cards?

matiash

1) What version? The latest one (0.39 I think)
2) Do you have the Best Anapest-effect on? No, I didn't.

I already completed the tavern quest by hand, but I will try again on next ascension if there is anything special you need me to do or log. Thanks!

Winterbay

There appears to be a problem with mafia's tavern() function. I ran into the problem yesterday, but I haven't had time to investigate (I didn't have Anapests btw).

Yes, I just got the same error and I got it while just calling "tavern" form the CLI. I wonder if Veracity's change in the latest version solves this.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I think so, but I can't test it right now.
I can say that it is INTENDED to solve it, but it is untested. So, nice of you to say that you "think" it solves it. ;)

The main thing the old solver did (before I, apparently, broke it) that the new one did not, was that it used an AdventureRequest to visit the squares, not a GenericRequest. I was (and am) unable to see why that would have mattered, but, whatever: the new revision goes back to using an AdventureRequest again - which uses the new logic to pick the next square to adventure in, so it should work as well as auto-adventuring in the Tavern, which I tested and saw new squares being explored.

slyz

Developer
I think turning the request used into an AdventureRequest is enough to make sure the noncombats are dealt with, no?

bumcheekcity

Bumcheek one quick question. I notice the script tends to use the stomping boots in the ballroom when powerleveling but it never uses release the boots?

Would it be better to use a different item find familiar to get more dance cards?

No. What one would you use? May as well be the boots, even if its not getting any spleen items. The script basically picks one fairy and sticks with it ,unless you want equipment in which case it chooses the slimeling first.

Admittedly it would probably be a good idea to have some way of editing the familiars rather than data files, but RL is getting in the way of script writing at the moment.

tyrone_jones

I think that I might be the only one with this problem but the groose grease seems to stump this during the junkyard quest with the text override.

Winterbay

If you get 0.39 that shouldn't happen anymore since that version should shrug the Best Anapest as soon as it finds that you have it.

I recognize that this script is intended for moxie runs, so this is more of a suggestion for future enhancement than a complaint or bug report... I am currently running as a myst class and when the script maximizes me for spell damage it throws a cookbook of the damned in my offhand. This is normally great, but not when you're fighting the island war as a frat and trying to kill stinky hippies. i've closeted the cookbook to get around this and everything is great again, but since it came up i figured i'd mention that maybe for frat war consider adding something to the maximize statement, if possible, to avoid the bad element depending on which side of the war you're fighting for.

jorshua

I've used this scrip tfor quite a few runs. There are a few slightly suboptimal things I have noticed (not running -combat stuff in the spooky forest or friars) but overall good, with this recent version however I ran into a bit of a problem in hardcore. It had gotten the knob goblin elite uniform, and was adventuring in the kitchens. Unfortunately it equipped the knob goblin elite uniform, then equipped boss bat britches, then adventured. Ended up spending an unfortunate number of turns adventurning in the kitchens and accomplishing nothing.

Also a few less pressing suggestions, as a myst class it would be great if the script would prep the GMOB if the arena is selected while powerleveling in the bathroom. Also it would have saved me quite a few turns if the script would check if stench resist was possible (in my case through elemental saucephere) without doing so.

I hope I have been helpful in some way, if anything listed here is too difficult feel free to disregard completely (except the first one).

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
It had gotten the knob goblin elite uniform, and was adventuring in the kitchens. Unfortunately it equipped the knob goblin elite uniform, then equipped boss bat britches, then adventured. Ended up spending an unfortunate number of turns adventurning in the kitchens and accomplishing nothing.

Apparently this is a known issue and I've been told there is a bug report at SourceForge.

Winterbay

I recognize that this script is intended for moxie runs, so this is more of a suggestion for future enhancement than a complaint or bug report... I am currently running as a myst class and when the script maximizes me for spell damage it throws a cookbook of the damned in my offhand. This is normally great, but not when you're fighting the island war as a frat and trying to kill stinky hippies. i've closeted the cookbook to get around this and everything is great again, but since it came up i figured i'd mention that maybe for frat war consider adding something to the maximize statement, if possible, to avoid the bad element depending on which side of the war you're fighting for.

The problem is that there is no maximizer command for "avoid attuning to stench" and such it'd have to be a list of "-equip this, -equip that" which would become problematic.
The script should run fine for mystruns (my last 2 were mysts), but if there's anything you feel doesn't work please say so.

Apparently this is a known issue and I've been told there is a bug report at SourceForge.

I've used this scrip tfor quite a few runs. There are a few slightly suboptimal things I have noticed (not running -combat stuff in the spooky forest or friars) but overall good, with this recent version however I ran into a bit of a problem in hardcore. It had gotten the knob goblin elite uniform, and was adventuring in the kitchens. Unfortunately it equipped the knob goblin elite uniform, then equipped boss bat britches, then adventured. Ended up spending an unfortunate number of turns adventurning in the kitchens and accomplishing nothing.

Yeah, this should be resolved as of 0.40 (which is the current development version).

Also it would have saved me quite a few turns if the script would check if stench resist was possible (in my case through elemental saucephere) without doing so.

Where would you feel that this was a good idea? I've not had a problem with this, but granted I have all the passsive elemental resist skills...

jorshua

-Loscalpolydude
I guess I'm not expert, but that adventure is far fewer stats than the shower adventure. You should at most be losing 500 substats by choosing to call the GMOB for 4 iterations instead, I'm not exactly familiar with the numbers but... assuming -10% combats it will normally take about 22 adventures to get those 4 adventures again. As powerleveling doesn't tend to be a huge issue at that point in the game 500 substats lost from choice aventures to save 22 adventures later sounds good to me.

-Winterbay
Sorry, I just realized that thought was incomplete. My problem lies in the bat hole, where even though I had a saucepan the script went ahead and farmed an air freshener. I don't know if this was a weird glitch, but I thought I should mention it because it added a significant number of turns.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If you see GMoB you're doing it suboptimally. Flyer stuff that you have to fight anyway. Why lose 500 mainstat when you can lose 0 instead?

Unless the script is going after GMoB anyway...

Winterbay

The script is indeed using the GMoB way of handling the flyering since that is the easiest to script of the "directly finished" ways. Where would you suggest one go and flyer (because I've never managed to flyer the entire thing in several fights without feeling like I'm wasting my time doing so)?

bumcheekcity

The script USED to flyer cyrus if possible, which was MUCH more optimal, but for some reason (and bearing in mind we're probably talking 0.12 here) it was tricky to get working, and broke often, so I removed it and now it's always GMoB. It's always been a goal to put cyrus back.