bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

1) What class?
2) Does anything happen after that point or does it just stand there?
2b) If it just stops there does the Mafia side-bar turn green or red or is it grey?

Ferdawoon

Something which I am not sure how to label it on the SourceForge page, Bug or Feature..

I have set the script to create Innaboxens, but since the script do not seem to want to create the Pastamancer Epic weapon (I am Pastamancer, btw =D ) then there is no access to the Fun House, meaning no clovered boxes, meaning no innaboxen.
Also, since it cannot reach Fun House, it will not grind Barroom Brawl, which could be done when it want to spend some turns in the temple to level up (Sure, not the same level of stats but it is probably better than getting beerlenses as some kind of backfarm).

So, If Innaboxen is ticked, force the creation of the Epic weapon?

IstariAsuka

So while playing around with a brilliant idea for Turtle's upcoming streaming contest... (have BCC ascend... and stream the output as it goes!)
I noticed some pretty silly behavior. That being, the mood it set while ballroom leveling (moxie class):

When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I get The Sonata of Sneakiness, uneffect sonata of sneakiness
When I run low on Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, cast 1 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness

It also kept equipping a melee weapon, even though it had tons of moxie (finishing up a run that dropped to casual for crimbo, but playing it with default HC settings, except tossed on some +moxie potions manually before running it). This obviously was not ideal.

Winterbay

Something which I am not sure how to label it on the SourceForge page, Bug or Feature..

I have set the script to create Innaboxens, but since the script do not seem to want to create the Pastamancer Epic weapon (I am Pastamancer, btw =D ) then there is no access to the Fun House, meaning no clovered boxes, meaning no innaboxen.
Also, since it cannot reach Fun House, it will not grind Barroom Brawl, which could be done when it want to spend some turns in the temple to level up (Sure, not the same level of stats but it is probably better than getting beerlenses as some kind of backfarm).

So, If Innaboxen is ticked, force the creation of the Epic weapon?

Since BCC isn't really actively trying to support Mystclasses I'll take a look at that :)

Edit: It should now get an epic myst weapon if we either fulfil the skill-prerequisite set or has told the script to get innaboxens.

So while playing around with a brilliant idea for Turtle's upcoming streaming contest... (have BCC ascend... and stream the output as it goes!)
I noticed some pretty silly behavior. That being, the mood it set while ballroom leveling (moxie class):

When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I get The Sonata of Sneakiness, uneffect sonata of sneakiness
When I run low on Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, cast 1 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness

It also kept equipping a melee weapon, even though it had tons of moxie (finishing up a run that dropped to casual for crimbo, but playing it with default HC settings, except tossed on some +moxie potions manually before running it). This obviously was not ideal.

That indicates a lack of a "mood clear" somewhere. Do you have a log or CLI-output that you could paste here for further analysis?

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

Hmm...
I made a post in the SourceFOrge about the Rampaging Adding Machines and making the scroll for the Roflmao quest. I just realized that somewhere between defeating a faxed in ASCII Art, and me realizing it the next day, my 30669 scroll had gone missing.
Went through the Session log for last day and found this:
Code:
[590] Orc Chasm
Encounter: rampaging adding machine
Round 0: ferdawoon wins initiative!
 > SpamAttack: Monster HP is 80.0.
Round 1: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 1: ferdawoon casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
 > Macro called on empty queue!
Round 2: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 2: ferdawoon uses the 30669 scroll and uses the 33398 scroll!
You acquire an item: 64067 scroll
Round 3: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 3: ferdawoon uses the 64067 scroll!
 > SpamAttack: We are going to 5-shot with Stream of Sauce, Spaghetti Spear, Spaghetti Spear, Spaghetti Spear and Spaghetti Spear.
Round 4: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 4: ferdawoon casts STREAM OF SAUCE!
Round 5: rampaging adding machine takes 40 damage.
You lose 10 hit points
Round 5: rampaging adding machine takes 20 damage.
You lose 15 hit points
Round 5: ferdawoon casts SPAGHETTI SPEAR!
Round 6: rampaging adding machine takes 14 damage.
Round 6: ferdawoon wins the fight!
After Battle: Gon does a couple of karate moves, then swivels his hips and gyrates his pelvis.
You gain 6 Muscleboundness
You gain 13 Enchantedness
You gain 4 Cheek
Now I dont know if the script rely on Mafia to create the scrolls or if it force overrides my normal CCS to do it on its own, but somewhere the script decided to just use the 64067 scroll and not the 664 scroll (which I had none. This is the first time in the session log I encounter an Adding machine so either somewhere it forgot to make the 668 scroll or something lagged out, or just anything). Also, after spending 170 turns in the Orc Chasm, I still did not get a new 30669 scroll so will see if I have to fax in a new ASCII art to get that.. Checking my Inventory I do indeed only have a whole bunch of 334 scrolls and four 33398 scrolls. The 64067 scroll is gone and missing.

Winterbay

That actually looks more like a problem with spamattack (for which I am sorry) and not with BCCAscend. BCCAscend does however have a built-in override which isn't fireing and I have no idea as to why that would be, but I've seen that as well and I've had problem with Mafia's builtin version.

Ferdawoon

That actually looks more like a problem with spamattack (for which I am sorry) and not with BCCAscend. BCCAscend does however have a built-in override which isn't fireing and I have no idea as to why that would be, but I've seen that as well and I've had problem with Mafia's builtin version.
To me it seems like SpamAttack fire, or at least start the macro'd attacks first after the scrolls should have been made.
The only problem is that it did not make the 668 scroll first, wich ment that the other scroll did not get combined into anything.

Winterbay

To me it seems like SpamAttack fire, or at least start the macro'd attacks first after the scrolls should have been made.
The only problem is that it did not make the 668 scroll first, wich ment that the other scroll did not get combined into anything.

To continue this off-topic thingie: The problem appears to be before it combined the first scrolls where it says " > Macro called on empty queue!" which it really shouldn't. The script is set up to combine 334 scrolls first which it obviously failed to do for whatever reason.

HCNP AT run, got this:

Code:
> call scripts\bumcheekascend v0.38.ash

Ascending     Starting
Doing     a check for Telescope Items
BCC: Please get     barbed-wire fence for telescope part 7 from 'Moxie Vacation' yourself
Level     1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage     [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage     [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage     [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage     [pantry].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level     2 Starting
You acquire an item: Evilometer
BCC:     We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
BCC:     levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC:     We have completed the stage [tavern].
BCC:     levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC:     We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We     have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We     have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We     have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC:     levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC:     We have not completed the stage [knobking].
BCC:     Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
48 combinations checked, best     score 81.5
BCC: Getting perfumed up for the King
Putting on outfit:     Knob Goblin Harem Girl Disguise
Equipment changed.
Mood swing     complete.

Visit to Knob: Cobb's Knob Harem in progress...

[233]     Cobb's Knob Harem
Encounter: Cobb's Knob lab key
You acquire an     item: Cobb's Knob lab key

Visit to Knob: Cobb's Knob Harem in     progress...

[233] Cobb's Knob Harem
Encounter: Plucked
You     lose 3 hit points
You acquire an effect: Knob Goblin Perfume (duration:     1 Adventure)

Conditions not satisfied after 1     adventure.
BCC: You aborted, so so am I. This     abort may have been caused by a rogue condition not being met. If this is     unexpected, please paste the CLI output, as well as the results of typing     'condition check' without the quotes, into the mafia CLI window now.

I don't know why it stopped. I'm wearing the harem outfit and I have the perfume effect. Buffed moxie was 75 when it quit, which Mafia reports is 11 more than I need for evading.

EDIT: I beat the King, and then started the script and it stopped again here:

Code:
> call scripts\bumcheekascend v0.38.ash

Ascending     Starting
Autoselling     items to NPCs...
You gain 2,000 Meat
Items sold.
Doing     a check for Telescope Items
BCC: Please get     barbed-wire fence for telescope part 7 from 'Moxie Vacation' yourself
Level     1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage     [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage     [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage     [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage     [pantry].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level     2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage     [spookyforest].
BCC: levelMe(8, true)     called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC:     We have completed the stage [tavern].
BCC:     levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC:     We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We     have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We     have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We     have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC:     levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC:     We have not completed the stage [knobking].
BCC:     We have completed the stage [knobking] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_knobking     => 85
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC:     We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: We     have completed the stage [manorbilliards].
BCC:     levelMe(29, true) called.
Level 6 Starting
BCC:     We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We     have completed the stage [knobking].
Putting on outfit: Knob     Goblin Elite Guard Uniform
Equipment changed.
BCC:     Adventuring once to learn it's FARQUAR. Surely you'd remember this when     you reincarnate.

Visit to Knob: Cobb's Knob Barracks in     progress...

[235] Cobb's Knob Barracks
Encounter: It's Time to     Play... Password!

Conditions not satisfied after     1 adventure.

Last edited:

Winterbay

It appears you have a rouge condition (well that'd be my guess). Could you check your conditions (condition check) and see what it says?

morgad

just to report I have just done my first Trendy run, with the same daycount as my normal non-trendy ones :)

Thanks BCC, and the rest of the Dev team

next month should be interesting with no fax machine :( ...

best regards
Dave

bumcheekcity

Yeah. New challenge path then, so only two or three Trendies without it. I'm sure that it won't affect daycount. My 5-day runs are now consistent on Trendy, for all classes.

v0.39 has been released with a crapload of bugfixes and the like.

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but will there be any additional support for the Boots, ie: identifying it as a spleen familiar or taking advantage of the free runaways?

Additionally, I added the following to mine to "support" the Emilio since it's a better stat familiar than the smiling rat and/or volleyball:

print("BCC: Using a default stat familiar.", "purple");
//Now either we have neither of the above, or we have enough spleen today.
if (have_trendy_familiar($familiar[Frumious Bandersnatch]) && my_path() != "Bees Hate You") {
use_familiar($familiar[Frumious Bandersnatch]);
return true;
} else if (have_trendy_familiar($familiar[Li'l Xenomorph])) {
use_familiar($familiar[Li'l Xenomorph]);
return true;
} else if (have_trendy_familiar($familiar[Tickle-Me Emilio])) {
use_familiar($familiar[Tickle-Me Emilio]);
return true;
} else if (have_trendy_familiar($familiar[Smiling Rat])) {
use_familiar($familiar[Smiling Rat]);
return true;
} else if (my_path() != "Bees Hate You") {
use_familiar($familiar[Blood-Faced Volleyball]);
return true;
}
}

If this is in anyway inaccurate (I dont do much script writing) my apologies.

Winterbay

If you want to use the Emilio instead of the rat you could always just change "smiling rat" to "tickle-me emilio". That said, I think that the boots is probably best suited for use as a CCS (SmartStasis does this in the latest version) and the script uses no free runaways so far, but that could change I guess.I've never used them much for anything so I'm not the one who'ld be writing that code since I have no idea when and where to use it.

If you want to use the Emilio instead of the rat you could always just change "smiling rat" to "tickle-me emilio". That said, I think that the boots is probably best suited for use as a CCS (SmartStasis does this in the latest version) and the script uses no free runaways so far, but that could change I guess.I've never used them much for anything so I'm not the one who'ld be writing that code since I have no idea when and where to use it.

There are places in the script where it currently does some runaway evaluation (haunted bedroom while trying to get specs, same when it's trying to get the ballroom key) but I'm not sure how/if it's working. It calls the function consultRunaway and eventually returns the string "try to run away" but I don't know if it uses it anywhere. I figured somewhere in that same general area a consult to the boots runaways left variable (not sure what it's called) would be feasible.

Winterbay

Well, it tries to runaway at points, but it does not include any free run-away calculations in that at the moment. It just runs away if it encounters a table in the bedroom, no matter if it'll be free or not. I guess, switching to the boots if available when in there wouldn't hurt since we're not going for anything other than noncombats anyway.

matiash

Hello there. I'm trying this script for the first time, and I'm having problems with the tavern cellar. Basically it never completes any combat or choice adventure (even the "smash the barrel" ones). The output is, for example:

69] Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 1)
Encounter: Staring Down the Barrel
Unable to find faucet.

If I complete that particular adventure in the relay browser, I get the same problem with the next one. Any ideas?

Thanks!