bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Crowther

Currently the daily dungeon doesn't maximize or equip anything. Eventually it should check if you have a boring ring available and equip that, along with normal maximization. It doesn't do that yet.
Drat. I forgot about those. I haven't done a hardcore run since those changes, but I used them in aftercore. The right choice adventures setting need to be set too or mafia will abort and BCC ascend might retry. It was be awesome if a cubeling was swapped in like spleen familiars until the helping items have dropped, but that's a bit of coding to get right.

Crowther

True but there is an option to disable BBCs moods which I tend to use a lot during times when meat is scarce.
I added meat thresholds to a few of the buffs and that mostly fixed it for me, but that was highly dependent on my own MP regeneration levels. Now with the horribly short song buffs for everyone except ATs, things are going to need a lot rebalancing. I really really miss my zombie accordion. "Here's a cool toy. . ." *yoink*

BlanketThief

Really annoying issue; With 'Don't touch stuff' enabled the script will still attempt to equip the mining outfit and... just leave it on. With 'Mine unaccc only' enabled as well this means that the script will do this at the start until you're all done with that.

Lokathor

The steel organ quest tripped it up again, and the script tried to adventure against monsters higher than safe-moxie adventuring allows for, and it got beaten up.

There appears to be a possible bug with location selection when it decides it needs to level, because it keeps going to the haunted pantry to level up.

Theraze

The bug regarding leveling when you've disabled safe moxie actually got fixed ~4 hours before your post... always remember to svn update when you see a bug and check if it's still around.

GGWithrow

An older version of the script had been working fine for me, but I figured I may as well update due to recent changes. First time trying to run resulted in this message and then the script halting.

> call scripts\bumcheekascend.ash

Bad location value: "The Typical Tavern Cellar" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 7062)

EDIT: Turns out it also helps you update your version of KolMafia. Please disregard.

Last edited:

Lokathor

The bug regarding leveling when you've disabled safe moxie actually got fixed ~4 hours before your post... always remember to svn update when you see a bug and check if it's still around.

Okay, well I updated to the newest version, updated Mafia's version as well, and now it IS leveling in a higher level area (good), but it is ALSO still getting itself beaten up in the process (bad). I have "bcasc_ignoreSafeMoxInHardcore" set to "false", which I assume means that it should only level up in safe areas. It's the only variable that seems to be related to safe moxie at all that I can find. Either way, I'm in Softcore, if that somehow affects things.

My modified moxie is 72, and it adventures in the Haunted Bathroom. The Claw-foot bathtub needs 100 Moxie to not get hit, and so I get beaten up.

GGWithrow

The script seems to want to get me a S.O.C.K. despite already having the intergalactic rowboat.

Level 10 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [airship].
BCC: Maximizing ''
No outfit found matching: bumcheekascend
BCC: We are going to be using the spanglepants for items. Yay Items!
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
Cleared mood.
BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!
Set mood trigger: When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
BCC: Need items!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Singer's Faithful Ocelot, cast 1 Singer's Faithful Ocelot
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
BCC: Opening up the Castle by adventuring in the Airship
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 S.O.C.K.'...
Condition added: S.O.C.K.
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.

Theraze

The script seems to want to get me a S.O.C.K. despite already having the intergalactic rowboat.

If you've got areas out of sync because you've done stuff manually, you can mark it done yourself... in this case, it would be bcasc_stage_airship = <whatever your ascension count is>. Or just running:
ashq import <bumcheekascend.ash> checkStage("airship", true);

Okay, well I updated to the newest version, updated Mafia's version as well, and now it IS leveling in a higher level area (good), but it is ALSO still getting itself beaten up in the process (bad). I have "bcasc_ignoreSafeMoxInHardcore" set to "false", which I assume means that it should only level up in safe areas. It's the only variable that seems to be related to safe moxie at all that I can find. Either way, I'm in Softcore, if that somehow affects things.

My modified moxie is 72, and it adventures in the Haunted Bathroom. The Claw-foot bathtub needs 100 Moxie to not get hit, and so I get beaten up.
Not good... I'll look into it and try to figure out why the safe moxie check isn't working there. It's possible that I made it always just use the 'adventure in the highest area you can' even though it wasn't supposed to... What I did was change this:
Code:
				one = safeMox(loc);
				if (one < value && one > two) {
to this:
Code:
				one = safeMox(loc);
				if (one == 0 || (one < value && one > two)) {
Basically, if you've told safeMox to always return true, adventure anyways. And... oh, there it is. Softcore is ALWAYS ignore safe moxie. From the safeMox function:
Code:
	//Softcore is deemed to be able to take care of virtually any ML. 
	if (loc == $location[The Primordial Soup] || !in_hardcore()) return 0;
Not a bug. I'd be willing to consider changing that to can_interact if other BCA devs agree, but that's the way the script was made to work. Personally I just tend to pull my best +moxie gear when I'm running SC and as that generally doubles my base moxie, it does make me massively over-levelled in a delightful way.

GValko

Is there any known wackiness with the maximizer commands and Tricky Knifework?

I'm doing a Big DB run, and the script keeps doing its damndest to throw a shitty ranged weapon on instead of the Frankly Mr. Shank. I have Tricky Knifework, so it should be counting as a ranged weapon...but instead, it equips the black kettle drum. Or the hippy bongo, or a Disco Banjo. Even after closeting those 3 items and every other weapon in my inventory but the Shank, the script then decided to make another Disco Banjo. Because that +7 Moxie is just so worth it compared to the 70% bonus @200+ moxie.

It's getting frustrating to see the script keep throwing on such bad equipment, and then even to start burning meat, turns, and clovers to make said equipment.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is there any known wackiness with the maximizer commands and Tricky Knifework?

It was only very recently that there stopped being a good reason to include "-melee" with the maximizer command in this script, and you're the first person to mention an issue.

Theraze

I don't believe that mafia currently has any special handling for disco knives. That would be a good FReq to make though.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't think mafia needs anything to change, or at least it isn't obvious what the feature request would be. item_type( item ) will tell you what type of weapon it is.

bumcheekcity

Would it be best to ask that this knife code is added to the mafia's maximizer code, or should scripts make the amendments themselves? I would think that adding knives to the "-melee" option if the appropriate skills are permed would probably be best, because people outside the script would likely want this behaviour, it's not just BCA - didn't know what other people thought.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There are still cases where using a ranged weapon can be better than using a knife. Procrastination giants and wearing an Operation Patriot Shield (for +100 to hit) are two cases off the top of my head. Changing the behavior for -melee isn't going to be beneficial in all cases.

Theraze

+- muscleweapon? Or even making one for each of the 3 stats... wasn't one of the saucepans officially a mysticality weapon?