bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

Actually, the script doesn't use canadv, it uses its own version of the function. Which means that while canadv works fine for new areas, BCA still gets confused. However, I did fix the Guano checks a day or two back. Have you updated to the latest SVN version? That should realize that the old rubble-checks are no longer valid and try to actually unlock the chamber again...

Uli

Hey, first off, I wanted to say thanks to all of the people who keep this script going.

Not sure if it's known or not, but the script has been getting hung-up occasionally maximizing elemental resistances at the yetis and the stench during the level 9 quest. I kind of assume this might be a Mafia maximizer problem, but thought I'd post it here just in case.

Thanks again.

Theraze

Are you in SC or HC? In SC, you're mostly responsible to make sure that your outfit has whatever the requirements are...

dixmcdix

It just did that, over and over. So, I guess CanAdv.ash is giving bad results? Because the script should know that it needs to adventure in the Guano Junction to clear rubble piles, but it's trying to just skip straight to the Boss Bat, so it must think that the rubble piles are cleared already, right?

Do you have Sonar-In-A-Biscuit in your inventory but it isnt using them?
You may want to try adventuring manually for SIAB/Scream Bats to open the boss bat lair.
Just a my 2p.

Last edited:

Uli

Are you in SC or HC? In SC, you're mostly responsible to make sure that your outfit has whatever the requirements are...

If that question was for me, only HC. Either an AT, Pastamancer or DB run; two of the three runs had the problem, though not sure which two. One of them went through it just fine without stopping.

Lokathor

I had the latest version as of the 23rd or 24th. I don't recall if I downloaded it the day before I asked if it'd work with no skills and no IotM or the day of. I updated just now and it seems to have downloaded a new version.

Updating bumcheekascend-bumcheekascend...
D:\downloads\kol-mafia\svn\bumcheekascend-bumcheekascend
U https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumcheekascend/scripts/bumcheekascend.ash
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumcheekascend/scripts
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumcheekascend
At revision 402
Pushing local updates...
bumcheekascend.ash => D:\downloads\kol-mafia\scripts\bumcheekascend.ash
Done.

So I'll see what happens after rollover (too drunk to adventure right now). Also, dixmcdix, I don't have any Sonar in a Biscuits at all, and none of the rubble walls have been knocked down so far. I'm sure it was just the adventure check that I didn't have the newest revision for.

I fired up the script tonight and it did the daily dungeon in my rollover outfit with my jumpsuited hound dog (which is exactly what I logged out with last night).

It didn't maximize my outfit at all or my familiar. I know the goal is usefulness over being optimal, but it could equip me with some weapons and useful gear for fighting and get a spleen drop familiar out. ;)

Lokathor

Today I turned it on, it got a bunch of clovers, got the 2 sonars, and then hit a loop when it ended up getting beaten up by the "beefy bodyguard" bats. It didn't have an item or skill to remove beaten up with, but wouldn't just use the campground tent. I have it set to allow mall purchases, but I'm in ronin so obviously that doesn't help. So it kept getting ready to adventure in the boss bat lair, not having the moxie (because of beaten up) and then looping that.

(Softcore DB)

jbouzanquet

I think it's just going to be buggy without any skills for, well, anything. No healing, no buffing, when you run out of meat it won't know what to do.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Consider making a mood that Aborts when the effect Beaten Up is acquired. That will at least stop things although you will still have to manually deal with whatever Ascend wanted to do and didn't. Although it is true than one of the endearing features of the script is that it sometimes gets distracted and what it tries to do when you restart may not be what it was doing when it previously stopped.

Crowther

My own patch didn't include the familiar. I guess the default familiar is fine. This patch choices default familiar, default mood, and mp regen equipment.

Attachments

• daily.patch
    577 bytes · Views: 17

Crowther

Consider making a mood that Aborts when the effect Beaten Up is acquired. That will at least stop things although you will still have to manually deal with whatever Ascend wanted to do and didn't. Although it is true than one of the endearing features of the script is that it sometimes gets distracted and what it tries to do when you restart may not be what it was doing when it previously stopped.
This is a very good recommendation. However, I switched to aborting when my HP falls below 10%. This aborts when WHAM becomes too risky and when a personal massager prevents you from gaining the effect. I have to put up with more aborts this way, but it catches more problems earlier.

Winterbay

That'd work great only BCA creates its own mood that gets wiped several times per session. If you want that sort of abort added to the mood you need to edit the script to always add it back in when the mood is rebuilt.

Lokathor

I think it's just going to be buggy without any skills for, well, anything. No healing, no buffing, when you run out of meat it won't know what to do.

Echo Eyedrops are 236 meat and my character had 4,066. That's what made it totally strange. If I actually had no meat then I would understand it giving up and failing maybe (though perhaps it should just farm some meat in a zone that's safe even when beaten up, or cook for 3 adventures, or something). In the case of the Beaten Up condition, it seems like the script should maybe consider the idea of just resting at the campground for an adventure. And perhaps it would have done that if I'd been in Hardcore?

Although it is true than one of the endearing features of the script is that it sometimes gets distracted and what it tries to do when you restart may not be what it was doing when it previously stopped.

That is my favorite part of this script, yes. It makes it feel like a 10 year old is playing for you.

I'm not sure that Beaten Up should be a halting condition though, because there's ways to fix it that the script had available, so shouldn't the script be using them too?

The other minor problem, that I suppose I neglected to specifically bring up until now, is that it got itself beaten up at all. The Beefy Bodyguard Bat needs 35 moxie for no-hit, but the script keeps trying to adventure there when my Moxie is 20. So maybe it should be leveling more elsewhere until safe moxie is attained?

I mean I'm not too concerned about it getting into a loop exactly, because I watch the script as it goes about its work anyway, so I can just see that happening and then stop it and "debug" the situation. However, it's still best to report bugs and edge cases when they show up, you know? I'd like to see the script eventually be able to totally complete an ascension without needing any human intervention at all, but until I have a moment to sit down and familiarize myself with .ash and expand it myself and submit patches and such, the best I can do is report potential bugs and oversights.

Winterbay

The script removes beaten up in the cases where it is adventuring one turn at a time with bumminiadv but not when doing normal adventuring. WHen doing normal adventuring I think it assumes that you've set up Mafia to handle it for you.

Theraze

I fired up the script tonight and it did the daily dungeon in my rollover outfit with my jumpsuited hound dog (which is exactly what I logged out with last night).

It didn't maximize my outfit at all or my familiar. I know the goal is usefulness over being optimal, but it could equip me with some weapons and useful gear for fighting and get a spleen drop familiar out. ;)

Currently the daily dungeon doesn't maximize or equip anything. Eventually it should check if you have a boring ring available and equip that, along with normal maximization. It doesn't do that yet.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
That'd work great only BCA creates its own mood that gets wiped several times per session. If you want that sort of abort added to the mood you need to edit the script to always add it back in when the mood is rebuilt.

True but there is an option to disable BBCs moods which I tend to use a lot during times when meat is scarce.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm not sure that Beaten Up should be a halting condition though, because there's ways to fix it that the script had available, so shouldn't the script be using them too?

I go back and forth between automation at all costs and manually intervening to handle things. When automation rules I use Bale's Universal Recovery combined with a Between Battle script. If beaten Up is still there when UR finishes then there is either no way to remove it or the removal requires resources no script wants to spend.

As for getting beaten Up in the first place, my observation is that there are some things BCC isn't doing well yet. Most of those fall into cases where WHAM doesn't get things quite right but BCCAscend just keeps trying.

bumcheekcity

CA2 ascensions might result in a lot more being beaten up than normal ascensions because you don't have all those lovely skills for healing and curing beaten up that you do in normal ascensions. Having played a couple of CA2 ascensions, I'm not sure there's a lot that can be done there.