bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

The weirdest bit is that bumad() calls cli_execute("conditions clear") before it adds any conditions, so there shouldn't be any problem like that :S

Theraze

Possible that a BBS or a counter script or something else is adding it though... Just think that if we know what it's looking for, we can try to figure out why. :)

Ferdawoon

A quick question, is the script Bees Hate You-proof? Mostly thinking about how it choose its familiars and if that is flexible enough to realize that it sense when something cannot be used and go to pick something else instead. I assume that no imortant quest items have a B in them so that should not be that wierd but we still have the familiars.
Volleyball, Bandersnatch etc cant be used =S
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Bees_Hate_You

Theraze

Some important quest items DO have a B in them, for example the abridged dictionary. And the Big Book of Pirate Insults. Somewhere it was said that you can still use the quest items, but you'll get beaten up.

Winterbay

The script is definitely not BHY-proof. It will try to use the volleyball and hobo monkey quite often and the maximizer command will quite often use items with bs in them (especially the knob goblin elite guard outfit which is really annoying with that many bs...).

I used my encryption key today to gain access to the knob and got beaten up (3 turns) from it so yeah...

Edit: Also, I love it! Bees everywhere :)

Ferdawoon

I guess having MP and restoration spells and items help with Beaten Up though, so a healthy HP / MP Management should solve that part. It is still the issue with the familiars then though. And gear =S
Guess I will do the Bee-path next ascension instead =)

Theraze

Just remember you can't use any 'b' restoration items either, so that will probably break UR fairly heavily at the moment...

Winterbay

I'm loving my bee-path. It is so hilariously fun that I'm not even automating the normal boring stuff. It'll probably be my first totally unautomated ascension in a year :)

Ferdawoon

I think the script is broken =S
Just started it on my multi who is lvl12 and it did not seem to be able to sense what had been completed and what had not.
Code:
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild2].
BCC: Getting the DB Epic Weapon

and it just spent 2400meat on chewing gums trying to get something. Restarting Mafia completly and then starting BCCAscend v.23 dont seem to help.

EDIT:
nvm me..
I tried restarting mafia but it did not help. Refreshing the Inventory from the Item Manager, as well as loading my inventory in the relay browser showed that I did have all my items that Mafia assumed I did not have, meaning the script could go straight to lvl12.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Of course this script isn't BeesHateYou-Proof. This script was released before the release of BHY and I'm not psychic.

Also, there is a 0.0000001% chance I will ever be arsed to support it :p

Theraze

Ferdawoon, I've had a moderate amount of failed refresh and page loads from KoL this rollover... lots of times needing to manually refresh inv or completely restart mafia and hope for better. I wouldn't take today's execution as an accurate test of BCA or, well, any script for that matter.

morgad

looks like BCA has become optimal with the revamp :)
I have lots of SC skills that should be HC, so the Vahalla change has saved me about 8 HC runs ...
(2 SC -> HC perms per HC run)

Dave

bumcheekcity

Since the revamp, I may put much less focus on mysticality runs, as you can just do arseloads of mox/mus class runs, and then a single myst run and then perm all the skills you want.

Winterbay

Since the revamp, I may put much less focus on mysticality runs, as you can just do arseloads of mox/mus class runs, and then a single myst run and then perm all the skills you want.

Oh right. That means I can do a bunch of fun myst runs and then perm loads of boring moxie skills without doing boring moxie runs. Perfect.

Ferdawoon

Ferdawoon, I've had a moderate amount of failed refresh and page loads from KoL this rollover... lots of times needing to manually refresh inv or completely restart mafia and hope for better. I wouldn't take today's execution as an accurate test of BCA or, well, any script for that matter.

Yeh KoL is pretty sluggish overall atm, but was not sure what caused it, but I'm going with the shotgun approach: If I report everything I encounter that might be a bug, maybe I will get some hits ;-)
Just imagine what my assignments in basic rogramming must have been like :p

Ferdawoon

FOund a very bad case of infinite bug.
When using BCCAscend v.23 it want me to do something in the degrassi knoll. I guess this is due to inability to sense that Degrassi Knoll is my moonsign area and not open to adventures, but the wierd part is that it refuse to stop.

Code:
 > ******************
 > Ascending Starting
 > ******************
 > Doing a check for Telescope Items
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair2].
 > BCC: You have at least one Knob Goblin firecracker for telescope part 3
 > BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'airship' for the photoprotoneutron torpedo for telescope part 2
 > BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'macguffinprelim' for the adder bladder for telescope part 1
 > Level 1 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
 > BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
 > Level 2 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [guild1].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
 > BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
 > Level 3 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [guild2].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [tavern].
 > BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
 > Level 4 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [meatcar].
 > BCC: Getting the Meatcar

Visiting Olaf the Janitor
 > BCC: Making the meatcar, getting the stuff from the Gnolls. Damned Gnolls...
Accepting quest to find the Untinker's screwdriver

[118] Degrassi Knoll

[118] Degrassi Knoll

[118] Degrassi Knoll

[118] Degrassi Knoll

[118] Degrassi Knoll

[118] Degrassi Knoll

[118] Degrassi Knoll

Spamming the Stop Now button dont help. It keep on trying to go to the Degrassi Knoll. It open the zone in that little window (the relay browser? Not the webbrowser) and when I try to close it, it open it again.
I had a similar problem with dj_d's Ascend scipt but that script did not keep on pushing.
THe only way to stop the script was to try to be fast and close the relay window with the Degrassi knoll and to close Mafia as well. Even when I get back to the login screen it keep on trying to open the Knoll, and I have to close mafia completly to try to stop it.

Tempted to make a short vid of it because I have a feeling I'm not explaining this properly =S

EDIT: Seems Mafia can't get materials from NPC stores either as I cant see Bitching Meatcar under creatable unless I buy all the stuff from the Degrassi Store. Getting the screwdriver and the mats for the meatcar manually solve the problem and it go on to do the bat hole.

I am still a bit scared about the inability to stop the script though =S

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

The inability to stop the script will be a mafia thing. The fact that it tries to hit the knoll will be a recent-game-change thing. I'll get to spinning a new version this weekend for recent changes. Log that on sourceforge if you haven't already, and I'll do it shortly.

Ferdawoon

Log that on sourceforge if you haven't already, and I'll do it shortly.
Haven't done, will do.
Maybe I should just make a note about the whole new Valhalla thingy though because I guess it is because of detecting which sign that now give access to Degrassi Knoll that this happen.

roippi

Developer
Ferdawoon - I've had good experience with spamming esc to stop runaway scripts. One press, no; a few presses, no; I'm talking button mashing. This goes for other ash scripts too.

It's worked for me in the past with bumcheekascend.