bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Funny_snake_100

So getting pasta spells will be better than sauce ones? is there a specific reason for that, or is it personal preference?

as far as where we would like to see the script progress, I think ironing out myst runs sounds best to me, and i expect that as those problems are fixed, the runs for other classes will go smoother too.

I know it is probably the hardest bit, but if there would be a way to have the script be able to do a decent day 1, that would be pretty high on my list. day one always seems like the longest to me, even though i do very close to the same thing every time. perhaps if there was a way to personalize choices or something? i dunno

I was also wondering if there would be a way, especially as myst isn't quite done but even past that, so as to have the ability to set a choice as to which attack mode it uses, (plinking/spells/whatever muscle is doing) regardless of class. if it would be a hard thing to do then probably don't worry about it, but I could see that being useful, even as the stats may not back up the play style.

also also, I'm not really a coder in any way, hence why i ask for seemingly simple yet incredible difficult to code things, but if there is any way i could help, i'd be willing to, i use the script all the time, and would love to contribute and not just take.

be well.

xKiv

So getting pasta spells will be better than sauce ones? is there a specific reason for that, or is it personal preference?

Well, pasta spells
1) are generally cheaper than the corresponding sauce spells
2) can be tuned to the exact element you want (with flavor)
3) have better bonus spell damage caps (none for +elemental damage and improved +vanilla when you are pastamancer)
4) don't have weird interactions (and don't hurt you just because you are not a sauceror)

Sauce spells
1) are sometimes cheaper, but only if you are a sauceror doing sauce synergy (which requires certain minimum +spell damage, tuning to a particular element and enough monster HP - this is not easy to manage)
2) can only be tuned with equipment, against elemental monsters, or by overloading saucestorm (which requires being sauceror, costs MP and requires more monster HP for sauce synergy), and only to hot/cold (they can't doubleshot hot monsters and tuning to the monster's element (to only do 1 damage per cast - for putting weight on bander or saucesynerging lots of MP from any enemy) requires an off-hand)
3) have inferior spell damage caps
4) can hurt you if you are not a sauceror

tl;dr: pasta spells are easy to script well; sauce spells aren't.

Bale

Minion
I'd be happy if I could do a 6 day ascension in any class. I collect pork elf goodie sacks, so I simply cannot start out with the expected 2,500 Meat.

I appreciate collecting something that you can only get yourself, but... Dang!

Playing by hand, I can end up at Level 6 on Day 1, but it can take quite a long time to be able to afford a detuned radio. 20 turns, due to pure RNG screwage, last run.

Not bad. I've never tried to do it without my pork gems, but it can't be easy.

And I suppose remembering to make and equip a sugar shirt would help me level - but I easily forget simple things like that. :-/

Use a preAscensionScript to handle that. You might want a simpler preAscensionScript than I use. I put some specific character handling in newLife for Sugar Shirt and stuff that not every character might want to do. You could just enable that section for your character or make your own script. Because I also used to forget about my sugar shirt.

Thou Shalt Perish

Kittycore!

I recently buggered up a Kittycore run a mere 20 adventures from the end. The first run through was horribly frustrating. Therefore, I was wondering if this script was capable of doing a Kittycore run. I tried searching for it in the thread but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I also have never used scripts on KoLmafia before... Is there anything special I need to do to get this script to work? (A link pointing me in the right direction would be incredibly helpful)

bumcheekcity

There's a relay script, linked to in the first post in this thread. Download it according to the instructions in its thread, run it by choosing it from the top-right of your topmenu when you close and re-open your browser and set the kitten to be your 100% familiar. Then run the script.

Bad Moon is not (yet) supported, but it's in the pipeline. It should work fairly well, though, I'd watch it as some of the Bad Moon adventures can have things like -moxie hits which WILL cause problems. Also you'll have to get the familiars manually.

lightwolf

Actually, I'd like to change my wish list for the future of the script to include:

In run nemesis quest option. For a messely 50-90 extera turns, you can pick up an extra karma every run! which is better then trying to cram on 180 turns after you break prisim, given the constraints of the bounty hunters. But that would take quite a bit...

lightwolf

Its the delay on the bounty hunter that hurts you. You have to wait for 4 diffrent bounty hunters to come after you (wandering monsters) that have like... lets be generous and say 30 turn delay. That's at least 90 (and at most 120) turns you have to burn in aftercore.

Really the big thing is completing the Dark and Dank sinister cave at about... level 8 or 9. That way you gradually get all the bounty hunters without duplicates as you level up. (Since they don't show up until you hit a certain base main stat... 30 45 60 75? the last won't show up till about level 10)

Also, that means during the level 11 quest when your at the poop deck, if you get the Sailing away adventure before you get Swordfish, you can unlock the Volcano then. (where as there is another 30 turn delay for Sailing away. Which is 30 adventures you have to spend at the poop deck before you will see it again if you didn't have the volcano map the first time.) So depending on your luck, that's 150 turns total you can save.

After that, the Volcano class quest are just turn burnings. Which I guess can go after you break prism at that point and would save a lot of coding. Though the AT's is really quick and you can get some gear thats great for your run (free runaway items, +stat gain hat, +moxie% shrit)... But yeah for simplistically sake you actually wouldn't have to code each classes Volcano quest.

Completing up to the Dark and Dank lair by level 7/8 then saves you as many as 150 turns. And as long as you have 40 or so turns left post prisim, players can easily manually beat the volcano... except DB's who get shafted on the turn sink for their quest.

*edit* I dug into some old old forum threads i did when i was spading in run Nemesis quest in SC. My estimates was 25-35 turns tacked on to the run... though I was pulling burritos at that point which may be more of a pain in HC (though the hermit pepper is no longer a turn/issue)

12-15 - at the fun house (Hey! boxes for in a boxes. And LEW thats good for most classes anyway)
10? - hill of beans, extra enchanted bean, or... jumping bean... +cooking the burito.
10 or so Item% for paper scraps in the dark dank cave
4 wandering hit men

The class volocano quest themselves ranged from 15-45 turns to complete, but again you wouldn't need to actualy code that part since it doesn't matter if its post prisim.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That is exactly why I like do the Nemesis in-run: if you are going to do that quest anyway and you aren't trying to set any records, it's a whole lot more efficient than tacking it all on in aftercore. As LW explained, it is certainly NOT "the same amount of turns either way".

CRennings

I recently buggered up a Kittycore run a mere 20 adventures from the end. The first run through was horribly frustrating. Therefore, I was wondering if this script was capable of doing a Kittycore run. I tried searching for it in the thread but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I also have never used scripts on KoLmafia before... Is there anything special I need to do to get this script to work? (A link pointing me in the right direction would be incredibly helpful)

My last ascension was my kitty core run, using primarily this script. It had a reasonable amount of manual adventuring involved, but once you take care of getting familiars, and I went ahead and did the nemesis quest in run, since the db's regalia was pretty much the best gear I could get for +moxie, but generally speaking it worked pretty well, and saved a lot of frustration.

Speaking of the nemesis quest, I would second an option to do so in run, I normally play db, and the rave skills are very useful in some places, and the gear never hurts either.

HippoKing

There are a couple of moments when it'll do bad things if you've progressed ahead of what it thinks (like if you've already killed the filthworm queen when the orchard gets unlocked) but they're mostly minor. It's pretty excellent at dealing with bouts of manual adventuring.

LeJackal

I have two problems with the script I think can be fixed just by commenting out lines of code.
1. The script cranks the ML to 10 all the time, regardless of the zone or my level. Its hard to progress because I can't defeat anything.
2. The modifier maximizer will often put me in sub-optimal equipment, and I'd like to disable it.

Can I just put comment marks (whatever those are) in certain lines to fix that?

bumcheekcity

If you like. The MCD problem sounds like it would be reported a lot more. What class are you, are you trying softcore? The script generally attempts to maximise mainstat for mox/mus classes.

LeJackal

If you like. The MCD problem sounds like it would be reported a lot more. What class are you, are you trying softcore? The script generally attempts to maximise mainstat for mox/mus classes.

I don't know how or where to comment out the MCD.

Also, I'm mysticality, but I get the same trouble with all classes. I just want more control over my outfits and moods, but the script steamrolls me!

morgad

I don't know how or where to comment out the MCD.

Also, I'm mysticality, but I get the same trouble with all classes. I just want more control over my outfits and moods, but the script steamrolls me!

change
Code:
boolean canMCD() {

return ((in_muscle_sign() || in_mysticality_sign()) || (in_moxie_sign() && item_amount($item[bitchin' meatcar]) > 0));

}

to
Code:
boolean canMCD() {

return false;

}

I did this for my first couple of runs until I had followwd BCC's advise and permed TT14 and TT15
but see slyz's comment above

best regards
Dave

mredge73

I am on my first ascension with this script. I am doing a Oxy run with a DB.
You may want to check out the friar's quest, I may have found a bug. It spent 51 turns in the dark elbow of the woods, it didn't notice that I get the knife for some reason:

Code:
[281] Dark Elbow of the Woods
Encounter: Demoninja
You acquire an item: demon skin
Round 7: mredge73 wins the fight!
You gain 56 Meat
You acquire an item: fraudwort
You gain 1 Fortitude
You gain 1 Mysteriousness
You gain 14 Cheek
 > Calling Universal Recovery for type=HP, amount=0
 > Calling Universal Recovery for type=MP, amount=0
 > Restoring MP! Currently at 31 of 40 HP, 0 of 51 MP, current meat: 716 ... Target MP = 0.

[282] Dark Elbow of the Woods
Encounter: Butter Knife?  I'll Take the Knife
You acquire an item: eldritch butterknife
 > Restoring MP! Currently at 31 of 40 HP, 0 of 51 MP, current meat: 716 ... Target MP = 0.

[283] Dark Elbow of the Woods
Encounter: Demoninja
You acquire an item: hot katana blade
You lose 9 hit points
Round 4: mredge73 wins the fight!
You gain 55 Meat
You acquire an item: ninja hot pants
You gain 5 Muscleboundness
You gain 4 Magicalness
You gain 6 Sarcasm
 > Restoring MP! Currently at 22 of 40 HP, 0 of 51 MP, current meat: 771 ... Target MP = 0.

Theraze

If it gets stuck like this, the best thing to do after you abort automation is to run conditions add, and see if there are any other unfulfilled conditions...