bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ferdawoon

Soo, finally back home, but it seems slyz have been trying to debug my issue with the Everything Looks Yellow.

Going back in the sessionlog from yesterday I found the part and realized that it apparently only said it WANTED to use the He-boulder.
I attach a fair bit of the CLI as the last combat I quote is the key part here, at least for me. Although, I could swear that it had the He-boulder equipped but I guess I saw it wrong.
Code:
 > Level 12 Starting
You acquire an item: handful of confetti
mcd 0
 > Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1

familiar Jumpsuited Hound Dog (25 lbs)
 > BCC: We don't have the HeBo equipped, so we're either on a 100% run or you just don't have one. Trying a pumpkin bomb. If you have one, we'll use it.

Harvesting your garden
 > BCC: Getting the Frat Warrior Outfit

cast 1 Disco Aerobics

buy 5 hair spray at market price from Market Demon
You acquire hair spray (5)
You spent 120 Meat

use 5 hair spray

equip hat filthy knitted dread sack

equip pants filthy corduroys

cast 1 Disco Aerobics
 > BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
 > BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
mcd 10

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 114 hit points

[1033] Wartime Frat House
Encounter: Frat Warrior drill sergeant
Round 0: ferdawoon loses initiative!
 > BCC: We would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't because Everything Looks Yellow.
Round 1: ferdawoon attacks!
 > BCC: We would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't because Everything Looks Yellow.
Round 2: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 3: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 4: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 5: ferdawoon attacks!
You acquire an item: beer helmet
You gain 10 Strongness
You gain 11 Magicalness
You gain 25 Chutzpah

[1034] Wartime Frat House
Encounter: War Pledge
Round 0: ferdawoon wins initiative!
Round 5: ferdawoon attacks!
You gain 13 Beefiness
You gain 11 Wizardliness
You gain 20 Cheek

[1035] Wartime Frat House
Encounter: Frat Warrior drill sergeant
You acquire an item: bejeweled pledge pin
You gain 9 Muscleboundness
You gain 10 Enchantedness
You gain 28 Cheek

[1036] Wartime Frat House
Encounter: War Pledge
Your familiar gains a pound: Gon, the 11 lb. Jumpsuited Hound Dog
You gain 10 Strongness
You gain 11 Enchantedness
You gain 23 Roguishness

Hmm, now that I do re-read it again, and not just skimming it, this line caught my attention:
" > BCC: We don't have the HeBo equipped, so we're either on a 100% run or you just don't have one. Trying a pumpkin bomb. If you have one, we'll use it."
I do have a He-Boulder and the setting about a 100% familiar run is empty (i have changed familiars before). It have 16exp atm so the script must have used it for something, so at least the script have been able to adventure with it at some point (could be in the v0.12 though, and it was when getting the Harem outfit)

Ferdawoon

Me and Ferdawoon have come to the conclusion that the problem is in fact that since the script has, for some reason, not finished the Cyrpt the script won't get the brain and skull from the clover adventure in the post-cyrpt cemetary and thus will not build any in-the-boxes.

Yup, and the script thought the Bonerdagon was dead, when it was not, so the clover adventure would not yield the Brain. When, checking the logs from when I started the script this morning I see this:
Code:
 > Level 7 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [manor2ndfloor].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [innaboxen].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbedroom].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 53 base Moxie
So, something have flagged both the [cyrpt] and [innaboxen] as completed even though the Bonerdagon was very much alive and my Campground show no sign of any helpers. I am fairly sure I have not just managed to blow them up as that is something I don't think I have ever managed to do while in a HC run ever before, and so far the 'best Adv pet Drunk' booze Mafia have detected have been bottles of <booze> that have gone through the Still.

On another note, I thought you added a checker at lvl9 so that after using the Strange Leaflet the script would also use the Insta-House and put it in your campground for you.
Come to think of it, I did that part with v0.12 so if it is in v0.13 it have not been tested.

Ferdawoon

Getting a few posts in a row here..

The lvl13 quest.

Code:
BCC: The effect we need for the gate is Strength of Ten Ettins
BCC: We could not yet determine which potion gives us the necessary effect.

Visit to Beanstalk: Hole in the Sky in progress...

No idea why it would send me to the Hole in the Sky, if it is trying to get Bang potions.. I assume it is to get adventures so that it can use Mafias Detect Bangpotions setting, but then..
Code:
[1221] Hole in the Sky
Encounter: The Honey Pot
Round 1: ferdawoon uses the bubbly potion!
 > BCC: We've identified bubbly potion already.
Round 2: ferdawoon uses the cloudy potion!
 > BCC: We've identified cloudy potion already.
Round 3: ferdawoon uses the dark potion!
 > BCC: We've identified dark potion already.
Round 4: ferdawoon uses the effervescent potion!
Round 5: ferdawoon uses the fizzy potion!
 > BCC: We've identified fizzy potion already.
Round 6: ferdawoon uses the milky potion!
 > BCC: We've identified milky potion already.
Round 7: ferdawoon uses the smoky potion!
 > BCC: We've identified smoky potion already.
 > BCC: We've identified all the bang potions we have to hand.
Round 8: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 9: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 10: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 11: ferdawoon attacks!
You acquire an item: line
You acquire an item: star
You gain 7 Muscleboundness
You gain 12 Magicalness
You gain 21 Roguishness
Btw, do all those entries have to be there? Same with Mood-settings. That list is getting ridiculusly long atm =S

Anyway, apparently I have no potion of Ettin Strength which is what is needed, but why keep me in the Hole in the Sky if all potions have been discovered? Why not grind DoD while at the same time run the Bang potion check and if I get a Large or Small box, use it.

EDIT2: Another lvl13 issue is that it for me seem to be using the Skeleton Key but not with a Clover to get 11 on the first time:
Code:
You acquire an item: huge mirror shard
Putting on outfit: Backup
Equipment     changed.
Inserting skeleton key...
You lose 41 hit points
Inserting     skeleton key...
You lose 47 hit points
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1     times...
You gain 196 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully     cast.
You lose 42 hit points
You lose 47 hit points
You     lose 47 hit points
You lose 40 hit points
You lose 46 hit points
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1     times...
You gain 222 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully     cast.
You lose 45 hit points
You lose 42 hit points
You     lose 43 hit points
KoLmafia declares world peace.
You     lose 46 hit points
You lose 42 hit points
KoLmafia     declares world peace.
You acquire an item: stone tablet     (Sinister Strumming)
You acquire an item: stone tablet (Squeezings of     Woe)
You acquire an item: fishbowl
You acquire an item: fishtank
It took me two Stop Now clicks to stop the script and even that did not stop it from getting the stonetablets first. :eek:

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

I've fixed the "making the pumpkin bomb" thing (I'll only make it if you also aren't under Everything Looks Yellow

The issue with the innaboxen is actually an issue with the Bonerdagon. If you haven't done the bonerdagon, it'll manifest in no innaboxen at all, so I've fixed the Bonerdagon issue.

And yes, it does. The reason the script spits out a lot of information is so that I can ask people for it when they submit bug reports. The Level 13 stuff is almost done except for the first two gates, which are in a state of half-done in 0.13.

The script sees that it has the safe moxie for the bar, so it goes there. But when it collects insults, the "Embarrased" effect is enough to result in a sound thrashing. Either have this taken into account for safe moxie or flee immediately after getting the insult?

th3y

I did YR a spangly sombrero, but the 0.13 is having trouble using it on my hatrack:

Code:
[COLOR="indigo"]BCC: We are going to be using a spanglerack for items. Yay Items![/COLOR]
[COLOR="red"]You can't equip a spangly sombrero[/COLOR]  [i](and script aborts)[/i]

[COLOR="olive"]> ash equip($slot[familiar], $item[spangly sombrero])[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]You can't equip a spangly sombrero[/COLOR]
Returned: false

Any ideas? I can successfully "put on hatrack" in the relay browser.

th3y

Also... I have a multi with no Mr. Store familiars, but all the elemental fairies. I'd like to suggest that an elemental fairy should be used preferentially to the vanilla fairy - same +item effect, but extra combat power.

You probably want to pick one fairy and stick with it to build up weight (rather than trying switch to maximize effect against elementally weak opponents). Off the top of my head, Stench might be most generally useful since it doubles against hot (friars) and spooky (cyrpt). I'm not taking into account a list of places where the script does and does not pull out a fairy, though.

Hmm. It is indeed going in at 110 buffed moxie, but after the debuff I only have 88. I am losing to the more difficult pirates (tetchy, toothy). Currently my strategy is to 1: pickpocket, 2: attack. What would you recommend?

Winterbay

Also... I have a multi with no Mr. Store familiars, but all the elemental fairies. I'd like to suggest that an elemental fairy should be used preferentially to the vanilla fairy - same +item effect, but extra combat power.

You probably want to pick one fairy and stick with it to build up weight (rather than trying switch to maximize effect against elementally weak opponents). Off the top of my head, Stench might be most generally useful since it doubles against hot (friars) and spooky (cyrpt). I'm not taking into account a list of places where the script does and does not pull out a fairy, though.

The combat fairies were disregarded earlier in this thread (last page I think) due to the fact that there are places where extra combat damage is very unwanted such as the RAM where the script also uses +item drops.

Edit: On your other problem, which version of Mafia are you using? I seem to recall some change in Mafia and equipping things on familiars a while back but I can't seem to search through the repository to find if I remember correctly and what, if so, it was.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Hmm. It is indeed going in at 110 buffed moxie, but after the debuff I only have 88. I am losing to the more difficult pirates (tetchy, toothy). Currently my strategy is to 1: pickpocket, 2: attack. What would you recommend?

I think the script runs those fights with a combat filter so your strategy doesn't matter. I believe it does 1: attack, 2: book, 3: attack (seemed to when I did it earlier at least).

th3y

which version of Mafia are you using? I seem to recall some change in Mafia and equipping things on familiars a while back but I can't seem to search through the repository to find if I remember correctly and what, if so, it was.

I'm using daily build 8887.

I'm starting to think it's an issue with mafia failing to disregard equip requirements for familiar equipment. My character has 59 moxie, so can't equip the spangly sombero himself. From the CLI:

Code:
[COLOR="olive"]> remove familiar[/COLOR]

Taking off chef's     hat...
Adjusting familiar weight by -6 pounds
Equipment changed.

[COLOR="olive"]>     equip familiar leather mask[/COLOR]

Putting on leather mask...
Adjusting     familiar weight by 14 pounds
Equipment changed.

[COLOR="olive"]>     remove familiar[/COLOR]

Taking off leather mask...
Adjusting     familiar weight by -14 pounds
Equipment changed.

[COLOR="olive"]>     equip familiar spangly sombrero[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]You can't     equip a spangly sombrero[/COLOR]

Edit: spent a clover to get to 60 moxie, and this works now. Script also proceeds as expected:

Code:
[468] Haunted Ballroom
Encounter: Forward to the Past
You gain 126     Sarcasm
You can now equip a furry pants (and possibly other things).
You     gain a Moxie point!

[COLOR="olive"]> equip familiar spangly     sombrero[/COLOR]

Putting on spangly sombrero...
Adjusting     familiar weight by 15 pounds
Equipment changed.

Last edited:
Code:
Level 9 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [chasm].
BCC: Using the dictionary.
Accepting quest to find the Untinker's screwdriver
Server www3.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from knoll.php. Complain to Jick, not us.

There are a few problems with this. First, the screwdriver quest is already done. Secondly, why does the script assume that we are in a muscle sign?

Fluxxdog

Shouldn't do. It should require 110 buffed moxie. What moxie is it trying to adventure at?
It should be trying to do this:
Code:
cli_execute("speculate up Embarrassed; quiet");
if(numeric_modifier("_spec", "Buffed Moxie")>=110){
     Hit_the_Barrr();}
OK, that last bit is whatever you have going for adventuring in the bar, but a quick Ctrl-F didn't turn up whatif or speculate. Since Embarrassed does a -30% Moxie based on your base moxie, you'd just need to anticipate it as it changes.

Hope that helps!

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
The other way to go about it is to require 110 + .3*my_basestat($stat[moxie]). Of course, that doesn't take into account having Embarrassed currently active. So perhaps multiply the second term by min(1, have_effect($effect[Embarrassed]))?

Edit: Alternatively, you could call levelMe with the second argument being true, and have the first argument be some ugly expression checking the difference between buffed moxie and unbuffed moxie. Something like levelMe((110 - my_buffedstat($stat[moxie]) + my_basestat($stat[moxie]))/.7, true), I think. (Assuming that you don't get new gears that makes adventuring in the bar easier. Which might happen in the ballroom.)

Last edited: