bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ferdawoon

Ehhm, I don't recall this being mentioned but, if I have the Everything look Yellow effect, skip using He-boulder (as it can't Yellow Ray anyway) and use anther familiar instead, such as a +item one.

bumcheekcity

slyz's experiment seems to be a bit of a good omen. I'll have a look at the HITS and try to see what the problem is properly before I release 0.14.

picklish, the script doesn't abort if you don't have the skills in moods. I've been adventuring with Disco Concentration (or whatever the trivial DB one is) for a couple ascensions with no problems. Is this a mafia setting?

Ferdawoon, this should happen already:

Code:
//Changes the familiar based on a string representation of what we want. 
boolean setFamiliar(string famtype) {
	//The very first thing is to check 100% familiars
	if(bcasc_100familiar != "") {
		print("BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% "+bcasc_100familiar, "purple");
		cli_execute("familiar "+bcasc_100familiar);
		return true;
	}

//Then a quick check for if we have Everything Looks Yellow
	if (have_effect($effect[Everything Looks Yellow]) > 0 && famtype == "hebo") { famtype = "items"; }

Winterbay

picklish, the script doesn't abort if you don't have the skills in moods. I've been adventuring with Disco Concentration (or whatever the trivial DB one is) for a couple ascensions with no problems. Is this a mafia setting?

Sometimes it works just fine, and then sometimes it does not work at all. You can start the script or try to do autoadventuring and it just won't work until you remove the buff that you don't have from the mood.
I've no idea what it is that's causing it, but the non.existent bug seems to be the trigger at least.

Edit: On a similar vein I wonder if it would be possible for the script to change to a specified mood before it adventures. Spmetimes when I start the script I've had the mood set to apathetic and mafia don't call any of the buffs added to that mood so it is rather pointless to do that...
ANd if you have a mood set up for something else and forget about that before you run the script it will write over that one as well, I have now created a bcc_ascend mood that I try to remember to switch to but it would be nice if the script could do so by itself.

Last edited:

Xenthes

I have been having a problem with getting the tavern done. When I come across a rat to fight mafia gets confuzzled about what combat round it is and doesn't finish the fight. It looks like it then tries to continue with the script to find another square to explore, but can not since there is a combat still going on.
It could be something with FTF, but at the moment I do not know.
I had this in 0.12 also.

Code:
[112] Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 5)
Encounter: drunken rat
Round 0: fleegle wins initiative!
(unable to macrofy due to action: consult FirstThingsFirst.ash)
Checking for updates (running First Things First ver. 4.0)...
_version_FTF => 4.0
You have a current version of First Things First.
map_use_for_items.txt => 2009-12-31T23:06:36-06:00, checked 20110108
You have the latest use_for_items.txt. Will not check again today.
Round 1: fleegle tries to steal an item!
You acquire an item: rat whisker
Round 0: fleegle loses initiative!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 1 but KoL thinks it is round 2
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 2
KoLmafia thinks it is round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 2
KoLmafia thinks it is round 5 but KoL thinks it is round 2
KoLmafia thinks it is round 6 but KoL thinks it is round 2
KoLmafia thinks it is round 7 but KoL thinks it is round 2
KoLmafia thinks it is round 8 but KoL thinks it is round 2

[112] Tavern Cellar
KoLmafia thinks it is round 9 but KoL thinks it is round 2
Can't find faucet or dark squares in the tavern.

Edit:
I had a thought and checked my CSS.
Code:
consult FirstThingsFirst.ash
steal item
attack with weapon

I thought maybe the round was getting messed up due to FTF going and then css trying to pickpocket. I took out the pickpocket bit and had a slightly different output, but the same result.

Code:
[116] Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 4)
Round 0:     fleegle loses initiative!
(unable to macrofy due to action: consult     FirstThingsFirst.ash)
Round 0: fleegle loses     initiative!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
KoLmafia     thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 1
KoLmafia thinks it is     round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 1
KoLmafia thinks it is round 5 but     KoL thinks it is round 1
KoLmafia thinks it is round 6 but KoL thinks     it is round 1
KoLmafia thinks it is round 7 but KoL thinks it is round 1
KoLmafia     thinks it is round 8 but KoL thinks it is round 1

[116] Tavern     Cellar
KoLmafia thinks it is round 9 but KoL thinks it is round 1
Can't     find faucet or dark squares in the tavern.

current CSS is
Code:
[ default ]
consult FirstThingsFirst.ash
attack with weapon

[ gremlin ]
consult SmartStasis.ash
combo Disco Blindness
combo Disco Inferno
attack with weapon

Last edited:

picklish

Well, the script may have not aborted for you, but it's definitely aborted for me and for several other folks. I totally understand your skepticism, but I repeatedly have gotten into a state where Mafia itself would abort any adventuring (even directly from the CLI) until I cleared the trivial skill out of my mood. It's possible it's just a Mafia bug that only occurs under some circumstances. I realize that Mafia shouldn't abort if you don't have the skills, but I'm just trying to say that it'd be nice if your script could work around when it does, even if you personally aren't seeing that issue. :)

Out of curiosity, what Mafia version are you using? I pull and build the latest from source control before I play every day, so maybe it's something that's been introduced after the version that you're on?

picklish

Like the fix I mentioned above, I feel like I'm carrying a number of my own minor changes along from version to version that you might not be interested in adding to your official version.

Would you be opposed to me keeping my own slightly modified version of this script in some publicly available source control (i.e. github)? Also, do you have any software license that you release your scripts under (i.e. public domain, BSD, GPL)?

Thanks. :)

bumcheekcity

I use the latest version at any given point in time. If it's aborting for people, then I'll add the skill checks into 0.14. It doesn't really make that much of a difference anyway, I suppose. Only a few characters. What other changes are you carrying through that I have missed? My mafia code is not released under any particular license. It's just code in the public domain. Feel free to support a fork if you wish, but I'd much prefer to work as many things into the main script as possible. As I say, if I've missed stuff, do remind me and I'll get it in ASAP. The script was on the backburner over CRIMBCO but now I'm starting it back up again.

I think I might also have the script create a "bumcheekascend" mood to automate from, and use that, rather than messing with the default one.

@Xenthes, this definitely looks like an FTF problem.

picklish

What other changes are you carrying through that I have missed?

I'd have to look. Some of it is stuff that I hadn't fully tested enough to post back, like burning teleportitis or selling war items.

My mafia code is not released under any particular license. It's just code in the public domain. Feel free to support a fork if you wish, but I'd much prefer to work as many things into the main script as possible.

Oh, excellent. I certainly wasn't planning to stop handing back changes. :)

Xenthes

ok. I'll poke around in the ftf thread hen and see if something is in there about the tavern.
Thanks for the reply.

lightwolf

Well I have v13 now, and it just got me 23 some hedge puzzle pieces when it was working at the NS lair for some reason.

Ferdawoon

It would seem that at least some of the settings I make in the relay don't actually change anything. I set the script to make the Chef and Bartender, but I am now lvl12 and about to start the battle, and it have not created either of them. When starting the script it mention nothing about a flag to create Chef or Bartender.
I'm going to change the settings in the script manually (by editing it in notepad like I used to do) as it will be a busy day and I will not have time to babysit the script to see how it handle the lvl12 sidequest settings I made in the relay.

This is one reason I wanted the Relay script to make a note when I click Save, so I know if it have saved anything or just refreshed the page =S

(EDIT: Dang, you have removed those settings, or at least made them not as easily available at the top of the script. Will have to babysit it after all.)
(EDIT2: It would seem that the sidequests work as they should. It have done the Arena and is now working on the Junkyard and since they were by default set to False, at least those settings work.)

Ferdawoon, this should happen already:

Code:
//Changes the familiar based on a string representation of what we want. 
boolean setFamiliar(string famtype) {
	//The very first thing is to check 100% familiars
	if(bcasc_100familiar != "") {
		print("BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% "+bcasc_100familiar, "purple");
		cli_execute("familiar "+bcasc_100familiar);
		return true;
	}

//Then a quick check for if we have Everything Looks Yellow
	if (have_effect($effect[Everything Looks Yellow]) > 0 && famtype == "hebo") { famtype = "items"; }
Well, all I know is that when I posted that, in the CLI I got a message saying something like "Trying to use the Heboulder but it is all yellow." and when I ran out of adventures I had still 7adv worth of Looking Yellow.

EDIT2: I get the message that it want to use Spleen items if I have any. It do not, however. Mafia tell me that I have 5 Coffee sticks though so it is not lack of something to use.

EDIT3:
Code:
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
and that message repeated in absurdum. Dunno what it did just before that as the CLI is filled with "Ran out of Adventures" and I noticed it when my computer started to lag.

EDIT3:
Code:
Level 13 Starting
Updating     bumrats_lairitems.txt from '' to '2010-10-21 06:28:46'...
bumrats_lairitems.txt     => 2010-10-21 06:28:46
...bumrats_lairitems.txt updated.
There     is some error and you don't appear to be able to access the lair...
The Council let me know that:
Code:
The owner of the Typical Tavern is still bugging us about his rat problems. Perhaps you could help him?

The Spookiness still emanates from the Cyrpt, Adventurer. See if you can find and destroy the source, and bring us back proof of your conquest.

A simply talk to Bart Ender solved the Tavern (did you not implement a line that made the script talk to Bart when completing the Tavern Cellar? I recall you saying hat you did) but the Bonerdagon was still up.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

@ferdawoon, you can always check if the settings have updated by going to another page, then reloading the settings page again. I'm fairly sure there's CLI output too. But you make a good point, and the relay script should definitely print something to the screen.

2) That sounds a little strange. Can you show the CLI output from where it failed to do that? There's been no change to that code for some time now.

3) If you can catch where it's looping the "Ran out of adventures", let me know. I know those are particularly annoying because they ruin the CLI output but it may be available from the session log.

4) I fixed it in 0.13, but only if you do the tavern quest in 0.13. I imagine you did the tavern quest in 0.12, in which case I would expect this error to reoccur (same with the Bonerdagon). When you do your next ascension, this shouldn't occur.

Ferdawoon

@ferdawoon, you can always check if the settings have updated by going to another page, then reloading the settings page again. I'm fairly sure there's CLI output too. But you make a good point, and the relay script should definitely print something to the screen.
When I close close Mafia completly, wait until after Rollover, log in to spend my turns and check the relay, the settings are as I left them. I am, however, still level 12 and the script have not created a Chef or Bartender. A Serum of Sarcasm would have been sweet when fighting The Big Wisniewski, and some better food and drinks as well.

2) That sounds a little strange. Can you show the CLI output from where it failed to do that? There's been no change to that code for some time now.
Sadly no. When I logged back on today everything worked fine, but if there is a sessionlog lying around I will check and see if I can find it. I thought it was just a "This is not the right monster so I'm attacking" message but the 7adv left of Looking Yellow when I ran out of Adv (with He-Boulder active) for the day convinced me.
Guess I should make it a habit of always adding the CLI outputs when I make a bugreport =)

3) If you can catch where it's looping the "Ran out of adventures", let me know. I know those are particularly annoying because they ruin the CLI output but it may be available from the session log.
I will check when I get back home. Had to rush to catch a bus but Mafia is still open and with a few adv left for me to get the loop bug again.

4) I fixed it in 0.13, but only if you do the tavern quest in 0.13. I imagine you did the tavern quest in 0.12, in which case I would expect this error to reoccur (same with the Bonerdagon). When you do your next ascension, this shouldn't occur.
Ahh that explains it. For some reason I thought it was fixed in v0.12. Still don't explain the Bonerdagon being left alive though. Maybe my Moxie is not high enough.

bumcheekcity

The script won't make innaboxen at all, regardless of settings, if you don't have a spring and aren't in muscle sign. It ALSO required a chef's hat for the chef. This was because I'm fairly sure that farming for these items wouldn't be worth the adventures you'd save. Perhaps that should be a little clearer in the relay script.

slyz

Developer
Well, all I know is that when I posted that, in the CLI I got a message saying something like "Trying to use the Heboulder but it is all yellow." and when I ran out of adventures I had still 7adv worth of Looking Yellow.
Was the output:
Code:
BCC: We would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't because Everything Looks Yellow.

In any case, the script seems to take the HeBo out and adventuring without checking for the Yellow effect. It would be better to replace the hebo by an item familiar, and only switch to the hebo once the effect wears off.

I think the best way would be to add a boolean parameter to bumAdv:
PHP:
boolean bumAdv(location loc, string maxme, string famtype, string goals, string printme, string combat, string consultScript, boolean HeBo)

This way, famtype would be the regular items or itemsnc and the HeBo parameter would allow to override this.
  • If you don't have a He-Boulder or a pumpkin, set HeBo to false.
  • If all the conditions are filled (you have a He-Boulder or a pumpkin and you don't have the Yellow effect):
- use the He-Boulder, or the famtype familiar if you don't have a He-Boulder
- set consultScript to "consultHeBo" instead of the one that was passed
  • If you have a He-Boulder or a pumpkin, but you have turns of the Yellow effect, you could adventure until the effect wears out instead of adventuring for my_adventures() advs, then do the above.

lightwolf

Nothing has been changed in the puzzle piece code for quite a long while. Can you post the CLI output from that period?

Right before this happened, It got stuck at NS entrance because i didn't have a wand at that point. In order to get said wand, i manually set mafia to adventure in the DoD and set the goal to dead mimic. After I did the hedge rotate using the mafia script, I started to run your script again.

At that point, mafia never reset the zone or goal when it started adventuring using your script. It dose that some time if you manually set kol's auto adventure sometime. Which I guess your script may have been relying on to set the goal to 1 headge maze so that it would stop the loop every time you got a puzzle piece.

The text i have from my sessions is:

Code:
> ******************
 > Ascending Starting
 > ******************
 > Level 1 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 5 base Moxie
 > Level 2 Starting
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [guild1].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 8 base Moxie
 > Level 3 Starting
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [guild2].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [tavern].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 13 base Moxie
 > Level 4 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 20 base Moxie
 > Level 5 Starting
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [knobking].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 29 base Moxie
 > Level 6 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 40 base Moxie
 > Level 7 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [manor2ndfloor].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [innaboxen].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbedroom].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 53 base Moxie
 > Level 8 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [trapper].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [wand].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [piratefledges].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 68 base Moxie
 > Level 9 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [chasm].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 85 base Moxie
 > Level 10 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [airship].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [castle].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [hits].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 104 base Moxie
 > Level 11 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinprelim].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinpalin].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinspooky].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinpyramid].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinhiddencity].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinfinal].
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 125 base Moxie
 > Level 12 Starting
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 148 base Moxie
 > Level 13 Starting
 > BCC: We are doing the Mariachi part.

use 1 dead mimic
You acquire an item: aluminum wand

zap Jarlsberg's key
You acquire an item: Boris's key
You lose 44 hit points
You lose 47 hit points
You lose 46 hit points
You lose 48 hit points
 > Restoring HP! Currently at 61 of 280 HP, 43 of 185 MP, current meat: 14336 ... Target HP = 266.

A Whole lot of skeleton key attempts, and heals

Combine 1 fishtank + 1 fish hose
You acquire an item: hosed tank

Combine 1 hosed tank + 1 fishbowl
You acquire an item: makeshift SCUBA gear

equip acc1 makeshift SCUBA gear

equip acc1 rusty chain necklace
mcd 0
 > Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
 > BCC: Getting another Hedge Maze

cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi

cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal

equip hat worn tophat

equip weapon Squeezebox of the Ages

equip pants buoybottoms

equip acc1 stainless steel suspenders

equip acc2 tap shoes
> Need to Level up a bit to get 256 Moxie
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 256 buffed Moxie. This means getting 2 Moxie.
 > BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!
 > BCC: Need items!
 > Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=1

familiar Slimeling (27 lbs)
 > I need 151 base moxie
 > BCC: Attempting to get clovers to level with.
 > BCC: We've already got Clovers Today
 > Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=1

uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation

cast 1 Smooth Movement

cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness

[1313] Haunted Ballroom
Encounter: zombie waltzers
Round 0: lightwolf loses initiative!

... Leveling ect...

[1322] Haunted Ballroom
Encounter: tapdancing skeleton
Round 0: lightwolf wins initiative!
You gain 5 Strongness
You gain 6 Mysteriousness
You gain 18 Roguishness

cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric

cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi

cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness

buy 5 hair spray at market price from Market Demon
You acquire hair spray (5)
You spent 120 Meat

use 5 hair spray
 > BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
 > BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
mcd 1

[1323] Sorceress' Hedge Maze
Encounter: topiary golem
Round 1: lightwolf executes a macro!
Round 1: lightwolf attacks!
You acquire an item: hedge maze puzzle
You gain 21 Strongness
You gain 9 Magicalness
You gain 30 Chutzpah
 > Restoring HP! Currently at 49 of 136 HP, 28 of 245 MP, current meat: 10572 ... Target HP = 130.

buy 7 Doc Galaktik's Ailment Ointment at market price from an NPC Store
You acquire Doc Galaktik's Ailment Ointment (7)
You spent 420 Meat

use 7 Doc Galaktik's Ailment Ointment
You gain 66 hit points

buy 1 Doc Galaktik's Ailment Ointment at market price from an NPC Store
You acquire an item: Doc Galaktik's Ailment Ointment
You spent 60 Meat

use 1 Doc Galaktik's Ailment Ointment
You gain 8 hit points

[1324] Sorceress' Hedge Maze
You gain 19 Beefiness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 14 Magicalness
You gain 27 Roguishness

... Another 40 combats in the Hedge Maze...

cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal

[1360] Sorceress' Hedge Maze
Round 1: lightwolf executes a macro!
Round 1: lightwolf attacks!
Round 2: lightwolf attacks!
Round 3: lightwolf attacks!
Round 4: lightwolf attacks!
Round 5: lightwolf attacks!
You gain 14 Fortitude
You gain 13 Enchantedness
You gain 33 Sarcasm
You gain a Moxie point!

Forced stop at this point, and did it manualy.

Winterbay

The script won't make innaboxen at all, regardless of settings, if you don't have a spring and aren't in muscle sign. It ALSO required a chef's hat for the chef. This was because I'm fairly sure that farming for these items wouldn't be worth the adventures you'd save. Perhaps that should be a little clearer in the relay script.

Me and Ferdawoon have come to the conclusion that the problem is in fact that since the script has, for some reason, not finished the Cyrpt the script won't get the brain and skull from the clover adventure in the post-cyrpt cemetary and thus will not build any in-the-boxes.