bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

Does look like it's some sort of mafia reg-exp matching overflow bug. Not sure exactly how to describe it for a good bug report without it happening to me.

xKiv

Does look like it's some sort of mafia reg-exp matching overflow bug.
Nope.
Inifinite recursion because autoManaRestore is disabled and MP is too low (to use the first skill in css?), but recovery tresholds are not violated, and ... there is no macro or the macro is only a one-liner, and first action is not consult script.

Tl,dr: low mp.

Is there any way we can influence the way the script changes our gear? There are many instances where I have to stop using it because for some reason it insists in equipping gear that is not adequate or doing stuff like equipping only melee weapons to my mox characters that make them not being able to beat their enemies in combat.

bumcheekcity

Yes, if you include CLI output logs, examples of when this occurred, what the script equipped, and what you had that you'd like to equip, also whether you were playing SC or HC or not.

Mr_Crac

BCC: This script currently does not support any more of the revamped pyramid quest. Reveal the pyramid manually, and then run this script again to continue.

Any chance to get that fixed in this century? :)

Okay, so not to be an ass: I will give 1 (one) Mr. Accessory to the person who fixes this once and for all. I am seriously tired and fed up of having to do this desert quest part again and again and again. So yeah, this is worth ten dollars to me. Anyone up for it?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Code:
item compass = $item[uv-resistant compass];
adventure(1, $location[shore]);
acquire(1, compass);
equip($slot[off-hand], compass);
adventure(50, $location[The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert]);

Mr_Crac

The script already does acquire a compass. What it needs to do is, out the top of my head:
-to adventure in the desert one step at a time, while staying hydrated (so needs to visit the Oasis as well)
-check the current progress, i.e. what percentage of the desert is completed
-if we have some of Gnasir's wanted items, trade them in (I think it does already do so, at least partially?)
-check the current amount of worm-riding manual page, whether 15 is reached, get the drum machine and use the worm-riding hooks

Quite possible that I missed something there.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
You don't need to be hydrated to explore the desert, nor do you need to wormride. Hydration just means you don't get nasty debuffs when adventuring in the desert, and you can find pages; wormriding just gives you +30% exploration but requires that you find a drum machine.

dixmcdix

I would have added the caveat "with a change committed to the svn"

If you could get that bit of code committed heeheehee then you'd be in the money! But somehow I doubt it would happen. =D

Theraze

Check if 436 finishes that up for you. Should.

Basic hydration and adventuring support. If you have adventures, aren't hydrated and the exploration isn't done, adventure to get hydrated. If you have adventures and are hydrated, adventure as many turns as you're hydrated or as many adventures as you have left, whichever is less. If you run out of adventures and the quest isn't done, abort with an informative message.

Edit: And 437 makes AoSP still get the Steel Margarita. Since it wouldn't actually try to get that for you as it was already above the 'normal' limit. Unrelated to desert exploration. Related to my general frustration. :)

Last edited:

Crowther

Why are you switching outfits and familiars to item drop when acquiring ultrahydrated? It seems wasteful, but maybe I'm missing something important.

dixmcdix

Any chance we could get a user selectable variable on this desert change? I'd rather do the quest manually with wormriding/killing jar/stone rose to shave off some adventures if none of that is implemented. If it is implemented then awesome!

If not... Oh well no biggie! Beggars can't be choosers after all. :D

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Any chance we could get a user selectable variable on this desert change? I'd rather do the quest manually with wormriding/killing jar/stone rose to shave off some adventures if none of that is implemented. If it is implemented then awesome!

If not... Oh well no biggie! Beggars can't be choosers after all. :D

I note with amusement that several folks have asked for support because automation trumps turn count for them and something is better than nothing. Immediately after that happens, there is a very polite request to allow for nothing since turn count trumps automation for them.

Maybe this will inspire someone to write a desert script that manages all of the options and then offer it up for inclusion in BCCA?

:)

dixmcdix

To be fair in post #4010 Eliteofdelete did offer up a solution that implied it used the items but the link to the proposed script is now dead. I've PM'd Eliteofdelete for an updated link for sharing here.

I like automation as much as the next d00d but I'd be super happy to have the adventure cutting implemented as well. I can live with losing a couple adventures in the mean time though. :D I'm just happy that anyone keeps this script updated!!

Last edited:

Theraze

Why are you switching outfits and familiars to item drop when acquiring ultrahydrated? It seems wasteful, but maybe I'm missing something important.

Which reminds me, I was actually going to run 2 adventures there instead of 1 so that it had a higher chance of grabbing the stone rose. Thanks for the reminder... the switching to item drop is because that's what the initial adventure did, useless as it was when you guarantee a single noncombat choice and immediately follow it up with going somewhere else without the same bit.

The maximizing of item drop is so that for the 3 or 4 fights where you don't end up getting the stone rose at the oasis, you have a higher chance of getting a drum machine and MAYBE getting to skip part of the adventuring repeats.

Edit: Looks like the biggest problem is that Gnasir adventure apparently changes based on what you have available - you always take the same choices, but get different results. Oh boy. Anyways, probably try to avoid it by using recursive looping - it takes the first available option, then uses that, and repeats until it doesn't have anything else left or the exploration is done. Grr.

Edit2: Try r439 or whatever the current one is. Should always pick the next Gnasir reward. If there are multiple rewards available, it should loop through and get them all.

Last edited:
Yes, if you include CLI output logs, examples of when this occurred, what the script equipped, and what you had that you'd like to equip, also whether you were playing SC or HC or not.

it just happened again. I am doing the McGuffin quest, the script is about to do the palindrome but it equips a rather useless gear set hat has barely any +mox on (playing avatar of Sneaky Pete ATM), then it recognises that it doesn't have enough mox and wants to go to the ballroom to farm 20 moxie points.

Even if I put on moxie gear manually myself it would still put on the other gear.

Image of the gear it equips:
vbzi.png

String found in the modifier maximizer after the script runs:
Code:
0 beeosity, mainstat 186 max, -melee +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, 5 hp, +equip talisman o' nam -equip hilarious comedy prop

CLI Output
Code:
Level 11 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinprelim].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [macguffinpalin].
BCC: Maximizing '+equip talisman o' nam'
Maximizing...
355 combinations checked, best score 1,170.00
Putting on black helmet...
Equipment changed.
Wielding rave whistle...
Equipment changed.
Holding black shield...
Equipment changed.
Putting on black greaves...
Equipment changed.
Putting on badass belt...
Equipment changed.
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_hebo on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'he-boulder' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=2
Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=3
Checking for familiar 'baby gravy fairy' where x=4
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'Star Starfish'.
You don't have a Star Starfish for a familiar.
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
BCC: We don't have the HeBo equipped, so we're either on a 100% run or you just don't have one. Trying a pumpkin bomb. If you have one, we'll use it.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
Mood swing complete.
Need to Level up a bit to get 196 Mainstat
BCC: levelMe(196, false) called.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Mood swing complete.
Need to Level up a bit to get at least 196 buffed Primestat. This means getting 21 Primestat.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Substats: 0 / 0 / 5,392
Cleared mood.
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_itemsnc on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=2
Checking for familiar 'Reagnimated Gnome' where x=3
Checking for familiar 'Coffee Pixie' where x=4
Checking for familiar 'Attention-Deficit Demon' where x=5
Checking for familiar 'Jitterbug' where x=6
Checking for familiar 'Casagnova Gnome' where x=7
Checking for familiar 'Psychedelic Bear' where x=8
Checking for familiar 'Dancing Frog' where x=9
Checking for familiar 'Grouper Groupie' where x=10
Checking for familiar 'Piano Cat' where x=11
Checking for familiar 'baby gravy fairy' where x=12
Checking for familiar 'Dandy Lion' where x=14
I need 140 base moxie
BCC: Attempting to get clovers to level with. (Don't worry - if don't want to use them to level, we won't).
BCC: We've already got Clovers Today
BCC: We've already got Clovers Today
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_itemsnc on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=2
Checking for familiar 'Reagnimated Gnome' where x=3
Checking for familiar 'Coffee Pixie' where x=4
Checking for familiar 'Attention-Deficit Demon' where x=5
Checking for familiar 'Jitterbug' where x=6
Checking for familiar 'Casagnova Gnome' where x=7
Checking for familiar 'Psychedelic Bear' where x=8
Checking for familiar 'Dancing Frog' where x=9
Checking for familiar 'Grouper Groupie' where x=10
Checking for familiar 'Piano Cat' where x=11
Checking for familiar 'baby gravy fairy' where x=12
Checking for familiar 'Dandy Lion' where x=14
(usable quantity of dance card is limited to 0 by existing counter)
Mood swing complete.

And here is an image of me gearing up for moxie and the talisman, what I think the script should be gearing me up with:
vtoJ0Vn.png

and how do I prevent the script from using stuff like that in the modifier maximizer?

also, looking at that string, the script seems to be limiting how much mainstat it wants me to have for some odd reason, and it even limits it below the threshold that he is going to ask me to pass right in the next step

Last edited:

Theraze

The health maximization was added by me back in November with revision 403, because the classes had all just been mixed up and so WHAM and BatBrain had no idea how to handle anything, and kept trying to run combats too close. Since things are much better spaded now, let's drop that back down to a half health maximization rather than 5 times. Here's r440.

Theraze

Ha... the new code I made DID just complete the desert for me. Of course, since I'm AoSP and elected for lazy desert exploration with my motorbike, the bike made it finish the desert on the same series where it would have turned in my 15 pages and tried to use the drum machine. Or should have... but hey, it worked. :)