bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

I was level 3 at the end of Day-1 and had 4 spleen items. I logged in after rollover (same RL day) and it kept using the bander (which was the last fam from Day-1). I still had the 4 spleen items in my inventory. Suspecting that might be the issue, I huffed the spleen items and auto adv again. But it still didn't try to pick up spleen items. Instead, it chose +item (hound) for sonars, then YR harem. It used the boulder for a few more turns after that, i think.

Yeah, I'm excited to see how it does as Oxy too.

Ah, I think I see the issue. The script will collect until you have three spleen items OR 12 used spleen (or any relavent combination of spleen items and spleen). So starting day 2 you had 4 spleen items, which was enough. When you used them, you had 0 spleen items but 16 used spleen, so it wouldn't have got more.

psly4mne

Maybe this is a known issue, but the script kept adventuring in the wine cellar after I had the correct bottles. If you need more details, I can go through my logs.

NardoLoopa

Hmm, still no spleener use. Started with 1 spleen item (leftover from yesterday). I did Shore manually. It did YR, then hound in the 8-bit. After that I stopped it to open the Manor library with my Sandworm to get 2 spleen items for today.

Tomorrow I start with no spleen items. Hopefully that will get me on the right track.

NardoLoopa

Started the day with the Rogue and it kept the rogue going until it had 4speen items from the rogue (rather than swapping out for the Sandworm), when it finally switched to the bander.

Might be good for the script to use mafia's maximizer for items/potions on hand to buff for safe-adventuring requirements. Obviously, it's fine to use them recklessly, as the script currently does not take advantage of them. I'm thinking specifically of candy hearts here.

I'm running version 0.12 on a multi. He's an AT and after I beat Ed manually I fired the script back up. Now I told it in the relay configure script to do the war as a hippy, and for some reason it went to the frat house to get the outfit there. It then stopped when trying to get the hippy outfit because I'm using a melee weapon. I manually put some moxie gear back on (Star Crossbow for weapon) and started the script again and here's what it did:

Putting on Orcish baseball cap...
Equipment changed.
Wielding homoerotic frat-paddle...
Equipment changed.
Holding white satin shield...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Orcish cargo shorts...
Equipment changed.
Adventure in the Wartime Hippy Camp to get the Hippy Outfit. Why can't this script do this? Because you're wearing a melee weapon.

So...why does it go for the Frat Boy Ensemble and why does it put it on to get the War Hippy Fatigues? What I normally do is wear the Filthy Hippy disguise to get the War Hippy Fatigues.

I normally do the war as a hippy is because I have 3 easy side zones I can complete and I have quick access to more meat and food/booze from the hippy stand.

EDIT: After manually getting the War Hippy Fatigues using the non-combat method in the Filthy Hippy Disguise, I fired the script back up and it started the war via the frat house and started in on side quests.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Yeah, if you do the war as a hippy the script can't easily hit the war hippies in that bit where you're trying to get the War Hippy outfit. You have to wear a melee weapon so you have to do that manually unless someone can suggest a fix.

HippoKing

Well, 3 answers easily come to mind:
1) Yellow Ray wearing FBE
2) Wear hippy outfit, adventure in hippy camp, get war hippy from Spies
3) Risky - start War as a War Frat, collecting Hippy Outfit by looking for the start noncom and (if necessary) from the battlefield

Theraze

Could also start war as war frat, closet all war outfit pieces, adventure in unhydrated desert until you get hippy outfit, then pull the war frat outfit from closet.

Well, 3 answers easily come to mind:
1) Yellow Ray wearing FBE
2) Wear hippy outfit, adventure in hippy camp, get war hippy from Spies
3) Risky - start War as a War Frat, collecting Hippy Outfit by looking for the start noncom and (if necessary) from the battlefield

Since I always have the hippy outfit, I wear that, buff -combat to avoid combats and get the outfit from the non-combats. It might not be optimal, but it's easy. So I'd suggest that route if someone picks to do it as a hippy. ;)

HippoKing

Maxing combats is always better, at least in the Hippy Camp in Hippy Gear. The Frat Camp in Frat Gear is bugged, but who cares?

A noncombat gives you a 16.7% chance of your first outfit piece, a 20% chance of your second and a 25% chance of your last. It also gives you the same number chance at +100 mainstat. These things cannot be increased.

A combat gives you a 30% chance of each outfit piece, and 20 mainstat. These can be increased drastically using pickpocket, +ML and +items. Since you'll be outmoxing them before the script sends you there anyway, it's obviously better to do +combat. It can also be noted that if you get a couple of drops from a combat, that'll increase your chances of getting the last from the NCs just like getting them from NCs would.

Note that the numbers for the noncoms are reliant on the NCs being equal likelihood - in my (exceptionally limited) experience they're less likely but that might just be observation bias. It also ignores queue effects, but given the prior pirce of information, I'm really comfortable with that.

Last edited:

NardoLoopa

After getting the steel can of air, but having 12 spleen fullness I got an infinite (i counted) number of these:
Code:
BCC: Drinking Margarita
(usable quantity of steel-scented air freshener is limited to 0 by spleen)
(usable quantity of steel-scented air freshener is limited to 0 by spleen)

Ferdawoon

A quick thought. The script is now using the Baby gravy fairy, probably to get +item. However, why not use one of the elemental fairies? Sure I 1-hit most of the stuff atm but the cnance of doing damage in addition to having the same +item as a normal fairy should be superior to not dealing damage, should it not?
Or at least use the Hound Dog, which is better at finding items, and I guess that the +combat works in our favor more often than not when an itemdrop is needed and the script want to use a +item familiar.

HippoKing

The hound dog is always preferred to the Baby Gravy Fairy unless it is specifically told that NCs are required. Two seperate familiar lists exist:
bcs_fam_items.txt has:
Code:
1	jumpsuited hound dog
2	slimeling
3	baby gravy fairy

bcs_fam_itemsnc.txt has:
Code:
1	slimeling
2	baby gravy fairy

These are in your /data/ directory - you can probably just edit them (although next time BCC updates those files on his site they'll get killed). It's probably worth BCC throwing in a bunch more fairies at some point though - it's just a case of being bothered I'm sure. If you write up a file in the right format I don't doubt he'd use it. I can understand why he'd use the Baby though: for example in the Chasm, an attacking fairy can kinda mess with your adders. Still, I'd personally have dandy lion->slimeling->fairychauns->pixie-> elemental fairies -> groupie -> baby or something as the default.

NardoLoopa

Might want to add this too:

Code:
Level 6 Starting
BCC: We     have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We     have not completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC:     Drinking Margarita
Using 1 steel-scented air freshener...
You     learned a new skill: Spleen of Steel
Finished using 1 steel-scented air     freshener.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device     reset.
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC:     Going to try to use some spleen items if you have them.
You     acquire Game Grid ticket (10)
Visiting the Ticket Counter...
You     acquire an item: coffee pixie stick
Ticket Counter successfully looted!
Using     1 coffee pixie stick...
You gain 9 Adventures
Finished using 1     coffee pixie stick.
Spleen: 9 Agua: 0 Stick: 0     Token: 0
Total Spleen: 9
Putting     Snicker-snack the Frumious Bandersnatch back into terrarium...
Taking     Muadib the Baby Sandworm out of terrarium...
Conditions list cleared.
Condition     set: steel-scented air freshener
steel-scented air freshener
BCC:     Getting the steel-scented air freshener!

stopping and restarting the script allowed it to correctly identify the air freshner as completed

stannius

A quick thought. The script is now using the Baby gravy fairy, probably to get +item. However, why not use one of the elemental fairies? Sure I 1-hit most of the stuff atm but the cnance of doing damage in addition to having the same +item as a normal fairy should be superior to not dealing damage, should it not?
Or at least use the Hound Dog, which is better at finding items, and I guess that the +combat works in our favor more often than not when an itemdrop is needed and the script want to use a +item familiar.

I don't really care about combat familiars, but if you have a sleazy gravy fairy, the nice thing is that its equipment is very easy to get.

bumcheekcity

Elemental gravy fairies aren't going to be considered. There are a few times in the game (Hippoking points one out) where an attacking familiar could well be a pain in the arse. In order to get around those, I ignore all fairies other than those three. In fairness, I could probably extend the list to a few Mr. A familiars.

Version 0.13, which I'm releasing now will also use the spanglerack. I'm using it now, and you can use it too. Yay spanglerack!

I'm at the point where I'm going to start writing for muscle and/or mysticality classes. I'm willing to hear suggestions as to how best to proceed, and what people think the best ways of doing this are. I'm happy to assume/require a small set of skills to use this for mys/mus. For example, noodles and shieldbutt for muscle or noodles and cannon (flavour?) for mysticality. The script now does what I want it to do. It'll ascend a moxie character pretty much fine (even though day 1 is a little shit) and I think it best to expand it.

Last edited:

lightwolf

This may or may not have been posted a few pages back or fixed from version 12 to 13 but...

1. I ended up with 26 some gaudy keys when the script was trying to open the palindrome

2. Somehow the day before, I ran out of adventures in the Giants Castle even though I already had the quantum egg to make the intergalactic rowboat and move on from that point.

* I've just now updated to v13 so maybe that will fix it next time around.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

I'm fairly sure the gaudy key thing is fixed. I'm fairly sure of this because I've been using 0.13 for ages and it breaking would have annoyed me. And the Giant's castle thing is definitely fixed. Let us know if 0.13 isn't working and I'll spin 0.14 fairly sharpish :D