bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Tipmon

I changed the orchard, dook, and nuns to false and set it loose again without any errors so it got through about 15 hippies before I read this and stopped it.

Hmm
> get hippiesDefeated

> get fratboysDefeated

But this time it worked :/

Luckily I still have the output from before I believe...
Ok so there was too much text after it to retrieve it but I opened the session logs and this is what it says

> Level 11 Starting
> BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinprelim].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinpalin].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [hits].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinspooky].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinpyramid].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinhiddencity].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinfinal].
> BCC: levelMe(125, true) called.
> Level 12 Starting
> BCC: We have not completed the stage [warstage_arena].
> BCC: Starting SideQuest 'arena'
> BCC: doSideQuest(Arena)
outfit Frat Warrior Fatigues
> BCC: We have not completed the stage [warstage_orchard].
> BCC: Starting SideQuest 'orchard'

bigisland.php?place=orchard&action=stand&pwd
bigisland.php?place=orchard&action=stand&pwd
> BCC: doSideQuest(Orchard)
> BCC: Maximizing 'item'
> BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_items on the Bumcheekcity servers.
> Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
> Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=2
> Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=3
> Checking for familiar 'Reagnimated Gnome' where x=4
> Checking for familiar 'Coffee Pixie' where x=5
> Checking for familiar 'Attention-Deficit Demon' where x=6
> Checking for familiar 'Jitterbug' where x=7
> Checking for familiar 'Casagnova Gnome' where x=8
> Checking for familiar 'Psychedelic Bear' where x=9
> Checking for familiar 'Dancing Frog' where x=10
> Checking for familiar 'Grouper Groupie' where x=11
> Checking for familiar 'Piano Cat' where x=12
> Checking for familiar 'baby gravy fairy' where x=13
> BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
mcd 0
> BCC: Need items!
> BCC: Getting the Hatchling Gland (1/3)
> BCC: Setting goals of '1 filthworm hatchling scent gland'...
> BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
> BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
mcd 10
> You have no libram skills
> MCD: adjusting to 0...
mcd 0
> Checking for updates (running Universal Recovery ver. 3.10.6)...
> You have a current version of Universal Recovery.

[1220] Hatching Chamber
Encounter:
Then nothing, in the CLI it printed "Nothing to do here" and aborted

Sorry if this isn't as helpful as the output straight from the CLI

But you can look at my previous post, post #3134

Last edited:

Winterbay

I'm a bit confused as to why the script would start on the arena and then move on to the orchard. The only reason it starts with the arena is if you are doing the war as a fratboy (which the outfit also indicates) but then it jumps directly to the orchard without printing anythign about the stages in between being finished or not. I assume therefore that you have set it to ignore the junkyard and beach?
Despite that it should try to kill 64 hippies before continuing on to the orchard and it has worked every time for me so I have no idea what's happening there...

Winterbay

I take it your clan does not have a fax-machine then? Because with a fax-machine (and either oflaction or a obtuse angel) it is generally finished by the time I get there.

But if it should do the Junkyard then it should print "stage finished" if it passes by it. Which it didn't. Which makes me even more confused.

Crowther

Just completed a 4/1,018 hardcore ascension using this script! I did a little bit of manual intervention getting the Squeezebox of the Ages, in-a-boxen, and in the Highlands. Kudos to everyone that works on it!
I tried to let the script automate the Highlands last run. It's getting pretty good, but it aborts at the Twin Peaks wanting item drop. That's totally reasonable, it was very tricky getting enough. When I restarted it aborted wanting stench protection. That forced me to go manual, because I only had 10 turns of good item drop and I can only get enough stench protection for 10 turns as well. I was right to worry, because I did not get two of the choice adventures in the first 10 turns. It would probably be best to do these one at a time. Still, thanks to those that added the new quest. You gave me more free time this weekend to do other things!

stannius

I take it your clan does not have a fax-machine then? Because with a fax-machine (and either oflaction or a obtuse angel) it is generally finished by the time I get there.

How does olfaction help with sonofa beach?

Also, the script would (I assume) hit the Orchard before killing any hippies, because all the steps up to but not including "turn in the heart and collect your cut of profits" can be done out of uniform

Winterbay

I tried to let the script automate the Highlands last run. It's getting pretty good, but it aborts at the Twin Peaks wanting item drop. That's totally reasonable, it was very tricky getting enough. When I restarted it aborted wanting stench protection. That forced me to go manual, because I only had 10 turns of good item drop and I can only get enough stench protection for 10 turns as well. I was right to worry, because I did not get two of the choice adventures in the first 10 turns. It would probably be best to do these one at a time. Still, thanks to those that added the new quest. You gave me more free time this weekend to do other things!

Well, it recommends that you do the "item" part manually after it aborts so if you reran the script directly after getting the requisite +item drops then it would've gone on to the stench part and getting to the end aborted since you had not done the item.

How does olfaction help with sonofa beach?

Fax in a lobsterfrogman and olfacting it doesn't work I take it then? I guess since you are not in the zone it is normally in that would make sense.

slyz

Developer
Olfaction doesn't change the combat rate. When you do get a combat, it makes getting the olfacted monster (rather than the other zone monsters) more likely.

But since there is only one kind of monster in Sonofa Beach, you already have 100% chance of fighting a lobsterfrogman and there's no point in olfacting him.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm a bit confused as to why the script would start on the arena and then move on to the orchard. The only reason it starts with the arena is if you are doing the war as a fratboy (which the outfit also indicates) but then it jumps directly to the orchard without printing anythign about the stages in between being finished or not. I assume therefore that you have set it to ignore the junkyard and beach?
Despite that it should try to kill 64 hippies before continuing on to the orchard and it has worked every time for me so I have no idea what's happening there...

FWIW, I routinely run the war as a Frat Boy doing all side quests. On several occasions BCCAscend has tried to do the orchard before I can actually reach it. I have not been able to make it happen nor has it happened recently but it is not unheard of. I keep watching for it in hopes that I can contribute data to help debug.

This section is trying to ATTACK instead of using my CCS (like I told it to in the relay browser). Other areas it was using CCS and calling WHAM.ash for me.

Code:
[669] Twin Peak
Encounter: Mismatched Twins
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
BCC: This isn't actually adventuring at the noob cave. Don't worry! (Myst)

Round 2: chef_rannos attacks!

[669] Noob Cave
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 2
Round 3: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
You lose 8 hit points
Round 3: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 3
Round 4: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
You lose 16 hit points
Round 4: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 5 but KoL thinks it is round 4
Round 5: mismatched twins takes 1 damage.
You lose 17 hit points
Round 5: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 6 but KoL thinks it is round 5
Round 6: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
You lose 16 hit points
Round 6: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 7 but KoL thinks it is round 6
Round 7: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
Round 7: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 8 but KoL thinks it is round 7
Round 8: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
You lose 17 hit points
Round 8: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 9 but KoL thinks it is round 8
Round 9: mismatched twins takes 1 damage.
You lose 17 hit points
Round 9: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 10 but KoL thinks it is round 9
Round 10: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
You lose 17 hit points
Round 10: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 11 but KoL thinks it is round 10
Round 11: mismatched twins takes 3 damage.
You lose 18 hit points

You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.

Attack as a HCNP Pastamancer is a terrible idea.

Well, you are optimal of course, so not having olfaction means you also don't have the hound (+combat %) yet, duh ...

Well you could go for the hound first. You don't have to get them in order.

I thought optimal for the beach was to fax in a lobsterfrogman and arrow him, then fight him throughout the day to get the kegs, rinse and repeat the next day and you're done.

I should have picked up that familiar when he was much cheaper...

HankStrong

You're fighting a ninja snowman assassin
HP: 26, Atk: 160, Def: 144, Type: elemental
Drops: ninja rope (100 no pp), ninja crampons (100 no pp), ninja carabiner (100 no pp)

You belt out a few bars of your favorite song, dealing 3 damage to your enemy and leaving his ears ringing.

He vanishes, then reappears behind you, strangling you with his icy hands.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
You lose 64 hit points. (cold damage)

You lose. You slink away, dejected and defeated.

Adventure Again (Lair of the Ninja Snowmen)

Go back to Mt. McLargeHuge

This is what happens, unfortunately I end up with +25 ML, even just the +10 from MCD, can it be written to change MCD to 0 before entering this quest?

This Ninja Assassin problem has kicked up again. I'm not sure what might have changed, but I'm getting all sorts of death again. This char does not have a lot of permed HC skills, so spheres are out. However, it doesn't seem to put spheres in on the char that does have them. The MCD is still set wherever it was set before (changing is allowed) and wham! the char dies over and over and over and over. If I miss it, the turns are drained until the meat runs dry.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Well you could go for the hound first. You don't have to get them in order.

I thought optimal for the beach was to fax in a lobsterfrogman and arrow him, then fight him throughout the day to get the kegs, rinse and repeat the next day and you're done.

I should have picked up that familiar when he was much cheaper...

Optimality insists that you get Olfaction first to reduce turns needed for future bounties, especially those needed for the hound.

Winterbay

This section is trying to ATTACK instead of using my CCS (like I told it to in the relay browser). Other areas it was using CCS and calling WHAM.ash for me.

Code:
[669] Twin Peak
Encounter: Mismatched Twins
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
BCC: This isn't actually adventuring at the noob cave. Don't worry! (Myst)

Round 2: chef_rannos attacks!

[669] Noob Cave
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 2
Round 3: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
You lose 8 hit points
Round 3: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 3
Round 4: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
You lose 16 hit points
Round 4: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 5 but KoL thinks it is round 4
Round 5: mismatched twins takes 1 damage.
You lose 17 hit points
Round 5: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 6 but KoL thinks it is round 5
Round 6: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
You lose 16 hit points
Round 6: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 7 but KoL thinks it is round 6
Round 7: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
Round 7: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 8 but KoL thinks it is round 7
Round 8: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
You lose 17 hit points
Round 8: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 9 but KoL thinks it is round 8
Round 9: mismatched twins takes 1 damage.
You lose 17 hit points
Round 9: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 10 but KoL thinks it is round 9
Round 10: mismatched twins takes 2 damage.
You lose 17 hit points
Round 10: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 11 but KoL thinks it is round 10
Round 11: mismatched twins takes 3 damage.
You lose 18 hit points

You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.

Attack as a HCNP Pastamancer is a terrible idea.

I have no idea why it would do that. The consultmyst-function should return the CCS if bcasc_doMystAsCCS is set to "true" (and it apparently did that other times as you say) and no matter what it should never return "attack"

This Ninja Assassin problem has kicked up again. I'm not sure what might have changed, but I'm getting all sorts of death again. This char does not have a lot of permed HC skills, so spheres are out. However, it doesn't seem to put spheres in on the char that does have them. The MCD is still set wherever it was set before (changing is allowed) and wham! the char dies over and over and over and over. If I miss it, the turns are drained until the meat runs dry.

I think it only adds spheres currently if you're a Sauceror, that could get changed I guess. Also, it should probably maximize for initiative as well to make it slightly more probable that you survive.

Crowther

Well, it recommends that you do the "item" part manually after it aborts so if you reran the script directly after getting the requisite +item drops then it would've gone on to the stench part and getting to the end aborted since you had not done the item.
I'll admit I'm a lazy reader, but this sounds to me like I need to get +50 item drop and rerun the script.
BCC: Unable to buff item drops to at least +50. Please try yourself, the script will move on when you rerun it.
If that's the intent, then that text probably should be updated. Actually, if you read it too literally (I've been told I need to stop doing that), it says I should try to get the needed item drop and it will move on even if I fail.

Winterbay

Well, the formulation was meant to mean "Please do that part yourself, the script will assume you have done so when rerun and thus move on to the next step". If you have a better formulation then I'm all ears :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Well, the formulation was meant to mean "Please do that part yourself, the script will assume you have done so when rerun and thus move on to the next step". If you have a better formulation then I'm all ears :)

Well I'm not going to try and rewrite the message yet, but what I really want is for the script to NOT assume I have done something but to keep checking and abort if I have not done it. "Cannot achieve +50 Item Drops and cannot continue without it." makes things clear to me. Of course, for the "cannot continue" part to be true that means BCCAscend cannot figure out anything else that is both safe and useful to do, in the absence of +50 item drop. One of the things that amuses and puzzles me about BCCAscend is how it picks what to do next. It will be working on X, but will not complete X because it runs out of adventures. I will eat, drink and/or spleen and then restart. Many times BCC will go off and do Y instead of continuing with X. I am more amused than motivated to actually start recording when this happens in hopes of understanding it. In this case, though, I don't want to be bothered about +50 item until there is nothing else that can be done "safely". I also understand this situation exists because BCCAscend support for the new quest is evolving.

Bleeko

I normally do 100% runs, but for some reason, the latest version seems to be setting familiar to none after fighting the KGE on day one. Just checked back through my last log, and sadly it was there on today's log as well. Most recent log example below. The last log was basically the same, except it went on to adventure in the bat hole rather than the spooky forest.

-------------------------
equip acc3 shiny ring
> BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Spooky Pirate Skeleton
> BCC: We are going to fax a Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
> BCC: Checking existing fax first. Don't panic if this is the wrong monster - we won't use the wrong monster.

fax receive
You acquire an item: photocopied monster

fax send
> BCC:Making faxbot request for kge. (Waiting for 60 seconds.)

fax receive
You acquire an item: photocopied monster
> BCC: Successfully got a Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain fax.

use 1 photocopied monster

[51] photocopied monster
Encounter: Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
Round 0: Bleeko wins initiative!
> BCC: Run_Combat() being used normally.
Round 2: Bleeko executes a macro!
Round 2: Bleeko attacks!
Round 3: knob goblin elite guard captain takes 56 damage.
Round 3: Bonesly swashbuckles him for 11 damage.
Round 3: knob goblin elite guard captain takes 11 damage.
Round 3: Bleeko wins the fight!
You gain 501 Meat.
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin elite helm
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin elite pants
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin elite polearm
You gain 9 muskewlairtees
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 7 mistikkaltees
You gain 28 mawksees
You gain a Moxie point!

familiar none
mcd 0

cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
You acquire an effect: Mariachi Mood (duration: 5 Adventures)
> BCC: Let's get the mosquito
> BCC: Setting goals of '1 choiceadv'...
> BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
> BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
mcd 10
> Restoring MP! Currently at 42 of 49 HP, 16 of 89 MP, current meat: 3543 ... Target MP = 45.

Restore 8 MP at Doc Galaktik's
You gain 8 Mojo Points
You spent 136 Meat

[52] Spooky Forest
Encounter: spooky vampire
Round 0: Bleeko wins initiative!
Round 1: Bleeko executes a macro!
Round 1: Bleeko attacks!
Round 2: spooky vampire takes 73 damage.
Round 2: Bleeko wins the fight!
You gain 7 Meat.
You gain 2 muskewlairtees
You gain 2 mistikkaltees
You gain 4 mawksees
You gain a Moxie point!

Winterbay

Yes, because I'm an idiot. Better version will be uploaded to the SVN in a few minutes. For what it's worth, I am very very sorry.

Well I'm not going to try and rewrite the message yet, but what I really want is for the script to NOT assume I have done something but to keep checking and abort if I have not done it. "Cannot achieve +50 Item Drops and cannot continue without it." makes things clear to me. Of course, for the "cannot continue" part to be true that means BCCAscend cannot figure out anything else that is both safe and useful to do, in the absence of +50 item drop. One of the things that amuses and puzzles me about BCCAscend is how it picks what to do next. It will be working on X, but will not complete X because it runs out of adventures. I will eat, drink and/or spleen and then restart. Many times BCC will go off and do Y instead of continuing with X. I am more amused than motivated to actually start recording when this happens in hopes of understanding it. In this case, though, I don't want to be bothered about +50 item until there is nothing else that can be done "safely". I also understand this situation exists because BCCAscend support for the new quest is evolving.

The "does other thing instead of what it first did" is most often due to you gaining stats so that you are suddenly above the stat set up by BCA to do a specific thing the next time you run the script (be it form the turns you ran or the food you ate), and yes it's somewhat annoying. With the new maximize-option of getting all options out of the command it should hopefully work better. I just need time to actually do anything with it (same for autobasement).

Last edited: