bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Tipmon

BCC: We have not completed the stage [warstage_arena].
BCC: Starting SideQuest 'arena'
BCC: doSideQuest(Arena)
BCC: We have completed the stage [warstage_orchard].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [warstage_nuns].
BCC: Starting SideQuest 'nuns'
BCC: doSideQuest(Nuns)
Cleared mood.
BCC: Maximizing 'nuns'
No outfit found matching: bumcheekascend
Conditions list cleared.
Mood swing complete.

You have no libram skills

Visit to IsleWar: Themthar Hills in progress...

[1605] Themthar Hills
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

BCC: Nunmeat retrieved: 0 Estimated adventures remaining: 30

It loops the last part over and over. I brought up the browser and tried to go to the nuns and not enough hippies had been cleared out of the way. Not really sure why it is doing this, shouldn't there be a check on the number of hippies/frat boys left to open an area?

Winterbay

It does, or at least should, check the Mafia preference for killSide. I dunno why that would be out of sync though, especially to the lower side of things rather than the higher (due to kills outside of Mafia).

StDoodle

Minion
bumcheekascend.ash said:
BCC: Something went wrong while going through the Twin Peak. Please check for yourself.

This is the second ascension I've had this happen, when all that was needed was to navigate the final choice adventure. Not a huge deal, but just thought I'd mention it.

Winterbay

I had it happen the other day, when it somehow failed to get 4 stench res before doing that part. I am unsure what happened, but I am happy that the abort I added is working as intended so that it isn't just skipped :)

I had it happen the other day, when it somehow failed to get 4 stench res before doing that part. I am unsure what happened, but I am happy that the abort I added is working as intended so that it isn't just skipped :)

Yeah it happened to me also, and it turned out i also didnt have the necessary stench resistance. as someone who has only gone through the new lvl9 quest once before i'm glad it was there also since it helped me remember what i needed.

I am having a hell of a time getting through an ascension as myst and I seem to recall being able to maybe set up the script to fight as if you were moxie/muscle or something, but I can't seem to find it. Currently my custom combat is referencing WHAM, but sadly this seems to burn through my MP like mad and so i keep running out of meat (it seems partial to calling fearful fettucini).

Anyway, long story short, any advice for running as a myst class whether it be CCS or some setting I may be missing?

Crowther

Anyway, long story short, any advice for running as a myst class whether it be CCS or some setting I may be missing?
It's pretty easy to run out of meat. You might play with the settings and turn down monster level. Or just farm meat now and then. Change your default familiar to one that returns MP/meat.

Tipmon

Yeah, I just set my default familiar to a Cocoabo and I never really ran out of meat/MP again, WHAM stasises if you have anything less than full MP and always does for the first 10 rounds if you can survive it.

I'm having problems downloading the proper update. When I go to the sourceforge page, the only thing that I see is "relay_bumcheekascendv0.1.ash 2011-03-16 " Is there an update that I'm just not seeing?

Ioeth

Just completed a 4/1,018 hardcore ascension using this script! I did a little bit of manual intervention getting the Squeezebox of the Ages, in-a-boxen, and in the Highlands. Kudos to everyone that works on it!

Last edited:

Theraze

That's the relay script for setting bumcheekascend. The one without 'relay' in the name is the one that actually runs...

Tipmon

Mood swing complete.
BCC: Getting the Hatchling Gland (1/3)
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 filthworm hatchling scent gland'...
Condition added: filthworm hatchling scent gland
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

You have no libram skills
MCD: adjusting to 0...
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

Request 1 of 9 (Orchard: Hatching Chamber) in progress...

[1216] Hatching Chamber
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

You need 1 more filthworm hatchling scent gland to continue.

When I adventured manually in the hatching chamber, I found out that I still didn't have access to it, I needed to clear out more hippies. This is the second character that this has happened to me on but the other character got stuck at the nuns and it didn't clear out enough hippies to reach that either. It might be some on my setting but I wouldn't think so. I have it set to do the war as frat and have it doing all the quests except the beach. Any ideas?

Yeah, I've been using BCA for a while now. But it keeps telling me that I need to update the relay settings. I know that I'm probably in the wrong thread for this tho, but I can't seem to find the correct ones. I know that the relay thread that I was on yesterday said not to reply to it.

Winterbay

Yeah, that is because the relay-script points to the wrong information. It should probably be fixed, but there is no newer version of it so you can safely ignore it for now. The data file updates automatic so any new settings that gets added will get updated with that.

Tipmon

Just a little update from what I said before, I went into the relay setting and turned the doOrcharch variable to false and tried to run it again but it just looped trying to do the nuns without clearing even a single hippy out. I have no idea what is going on but I am going to try to download a fresh copy and hope it is fixed :/

Winterbay

Could you please check what your hippiesDefeated and fratboysDefeated settings says? (TYpe get fratboysDefeated and hippiesDefeated in the CLI). ANd also paste the output of the running of the script here?

Ioeth

Ioeth, is that a hardcore run? Best I've done is 11 days, 1600 turns :p But I am low-skill and have no Olfactions or IOTM.

Yup, that's a hardcore run...my 90th ascension overall, 89 of which have been hardcore. I've got a lot of HC permed skills and IOTM familiars, but no olfaction yet (should be soon). I regularly knock down 5-day hardcore runs, but the stars aligned on that one to let me hit 4 days.