bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

Now, if the clover-problem shows up you'll get a data-file in your /data-directory that it'd be really great if you could upload here so that we can see what the heck is happening :)

Ethelred

Now, if the clover-problem shows up you'll get a data-file in your /data-directory that it'd be really great if you could upload here so that we can see what the heck is happening :)

When I encountered the clover-problem at guano junction, it was because the script was failing to get stench resistence. I didn't look into it too deepley, though. My eyes always glaze over when I encounter a complicated maximizer command.

swann_88

I got lazy yesterday and tried to use the script to do lvl 13
I had not yet used it in that run
the first thing it did was spend 37 adv getting me a second set of star gear

StDoodle

Minion
My first sub-1k run today: 5/970! Woot, and thanks for the script.

NB: Tweaking your CCS to handle the fights likely to be difficult when ignoring safe moxie helps. Also, using a mimic as the default familiar is ungodly helpful, especially pre-dictionary. I still need to look at "triggers" though... is there an easy way to check and see if I've been using the script for the current run? If so, it wouldn't be too difficult to write a between battle script that did things like set default familiar to mimic at low levels, and something else later on, as well as automatically adjust HP/MP restore thresholds throughout the run.

I just ran into the pirate fledges bug that someone else posted, CLI output:

Code:
> call scripts\bumcheekascend v0.42.ash

******************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************
Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the sourceforge page available in my profile with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

Ascending Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
Doing a check for Telescope Items
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
BCC: You have at least one stick of dynamite for telescope part 7
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'macguffinfinal' for the powdered organs for telescope part 6
BCC: You have at least one inkwell for telescope part 5
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'chasm' for the NG for telescope part 4
BCC: You have at least one Knob Goblin firecracker for telescope part 3
BCC: You have at least one baseball for telescope part 2
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'post-war junkyard' for the gremlin juice for telescope part 1
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [tavern].
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbilliards].
BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
Level 6 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorlibrary].
BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
Level 7 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt].
BCC: We have completed the stage [innaboxen].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbedroom].
BCC: levelMe(53, true) called.
Level 8 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [trapper].
BCC: We have completed the stage [wand].
BCC: We have completed the stage [piratefledges].
BCC: levelMe(68, true) called.
Need to Level up a bit to get at least 68 base Primestat
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
40 combinations checked, best score 182.125
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Substats: 0 / 0 / 445
Substats: 0 / 0 / 445
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness
Set mood trigger: When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
BCC: Need items!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Going to try to use some spleen items if you have them.
BCC: Going to try to use some spleen items if you have them.
Spleen: 4 Agua: 0 Stick: 0 Token: 0 Grease: 0
Total Spleen: 4
BCC: Maximizing '+equip pirate fledges'
Maximizing...
40 combinations checked, best score 182.125 (FAIL)
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

EDIT: HCNP AT run, 43 Mysticality at the time.

Solgrid

I keep running into this error:

> call scripts\bumcheekascend v0.42.ash

Function 'to_float( boolean )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (bumcheekascend v0.42.ash, line 3086)

I reloaded Mafia and all the supporting scripts, so I am at a loss as to what to look for in the code to fix the issue.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Actually that won't help as to_float(boolean) is no longer defined in ASH. Download the newest version (of BCCascend) from the SVN tree and it should work as I just fixed that.

Fluxxdog

Could I suggest:
Code:
		if (have_skill($skill[ The Moxious Madrigal ])) n += 0.1 + (my_primestat() == $stat[Moxie]?0.1:0.0);
		if (have_skill($skill[ The Magical Mojomuscular Melody ])) n += 0.1 + (my_primestat() == $stat[Mysticality]?0.3:0.0);
		if (have_skill($skill[ Cletus's Canticle of Celerity ])) n += 0.1;
		if (have_skill($skill[ The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith ])) n += my_primestat() == $stat[Mysticality]?0.5:0.0;
...instead of to_float(to_int(boolean))? In case something else goes awry with the to<something> changes.

hey, new to scripts and know jack-all, is the new version working fine? do i need other scripts to go with it?
EDIT: also, about how long would it take for it to get a basic, near starting out character to ascend, no itoms, would it go faster with like certain items within purchasing range in stock? normal ascension, no sidequests, just the council quests.

Last edited:
Hey I keep running into this problem as well

Function 'to_float( boolean )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (bumcheekascend v0.42.ash, line 3086)

Ive re downloaded kol mafia 15.1 r. 10699 and re downloaded BCCascend still getting same problem. Any ideas? my know how of scripting is 0 Thanks

bumcheekcity

The version on the SVN is working fine. It's going to be released now to fix the other bug.

And I don't know. Try it and see :p

Yep .43 fixed it.

But now I'm having an other problem Im not sure if its me or not. Im doing a HCNP TT run and the script has been great so far been doing very good. I just started the level 11 quest and now the script keeps trying to pull stuff from storage.

Level 11 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinprelim].
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinpalin].
BCC: We have completed the stage [hits].
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinspooky].
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinpyramid].
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinhiddencity].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [macguffinfinal].
Pulling items from storage...
You need 11 more tomb ratchet to continue.

Any Hints. Thanks

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Mafia seems to think you are not in hardcore. Does this still happen after you type "refresh status" in the gCLI, or after you restart Mafia?

retracell

For 0.43 I had to add a check for sackbut in the inventory. The current script tries to use the sackbut when other instrument choices are exhausted but if you only have one instrument, the sackbut, it doesn't show up in the inventory.

MisterJiffy

BCC: levelMe(125, true) called.
Level 12 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [warstage_orchard].
BCC: We have completed the stage [warstage_dooks].
Using 1 Clancy's sackbut...
You acquire an item: Clancy's lute
Finished using 1 Clancy's sackbut.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
BCC: Moods are currently not handled for Avatar of Boris runs. You can change things around yourself for now.
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Maximizing '+outfit war hippy fatigues'
Maximizing...
36 combinations checked, best score 216.25
BCC: Attempting to kill up to 64 enemies in the war. You have 96 dead already, attempting to do the war as a hippy.
BCC: We have completed the stage [warstage_beach].
You need 1 more Clancy's sackbut to continue.

I have it, dagnamit, Clancy's holding it >.<