BatMan Relay -- more info, less clicking

Fluxxdog

Something else I noticed: In the actions list, The Big Book of Pirate Insults is not listed against pirates. The custom has it listed, though. It has 'use 5750,2947' or "sling a CSA grenade and a book". I don't want to use my grenades on them, so the only thing I can do is go to the KoL default. Which, of course, means it still keep suggesting the grenade book combo. I know that's a limitation, but having the book in the actions would help that so much.

Darzil

Developer
Yeah, the desire to throw unnecessary consumable items along with insult book and band flyers does seem unfortunate.

zarqon

Blacklisting my CSA grenades was one of the first things I did after adding the blacklist functionality. :)

To be fair to BatBrain, it costs you less to use the grenade than it does to restore the HP you lose from not using it. The problem being that meat is easily renewable and grenades are not.

Fluxxdog

You know, I completely botched my report. I had Entangling Noodles. Given my high Moxie (BIG! coupled with Astral Mask), I couldn't be hit even if I was embarrassed. And believe me, I was. 30 times before I got my 6th insult.I got 3 off the bat, the next 22 were ones I had before, then I got my 4th on my 25th Embarrassed. Bleh. Anyway. Yeah. ... Thanks.

Winterbay

I've been trying to include this in my general override script but it does not seem to work. I'm currently importing fight.ash into my MasterOverride.ash script and then calling main@fight() for fight.php. When doing this the tabs and whatnot shows up in the relay browser just fine, the batcomputer starts to analyse things and the following gets spewed into the CLI:
Code:
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
[COLOR=red]Stack      overflow during ASH script: (zlib.ash, line 266)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Stack      overflow during ASH script: (bhh.ash, line 260)[/COLOR]
Unexpected      error, debug log printed.
[COLOR=red]Stack overflow during ASH      script: (bhh.ash, line 262)[/COLOR]
Unexpected error, debug log printed.

The red parts gets repeated from time to time in the CLI.

The debuglog pretty quickly gets out of hand but contains continuous repeats of this:
Code:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
         KoLmafia v16.0 r12271, Windows XP, Java 1.7.0_25
 Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
 would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
 at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were 
 doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.
 Timestamp: Thu Jul 04 13:33:10 CEST 2013

class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaASH.getClientHTML(KoLmafiaASH.java:113)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaASH.getClientHTML(KoLmafiaASH.java:76)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.handleSimple(RelayRequest.java:1838)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.run(RelayRequest.java:1867)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:222)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:185)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.visit_url(RuntimeLibrary.java:1878)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor96.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.LibraryFunction.execute(LibraryFunction.java:106)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:154)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:105)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.BasicScope.execute(BasicScope.java:465)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Else.execute(Else.java:65)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.If.execute(If.java:82)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.BasicScope.execute(BasicScope.java:465)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.executeScope(Interpreter.java:348)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:296)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:289)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaASH.getClientHTML(KoLmafiaASH.java:109)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.handleSimple(RelayRequest.java:1838)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.visit_url(RuntimeLibrary.java:1878)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.LibraryFunction.execute(LibraryFunction.java:106)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:154)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:105)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.executeScope(Interpreter.java:348)

Anyone who can come up with a good way of getting this to work with a master override without causing the wonderful debuglog?

zarqon

r3 Goodies

I found myself getting bothered by the attack menu's sword icon during my latest DB run -- I wasn't hacking, I was plinking! So now we use a crossbow icon for your attack menu when your attack stat is moxie. Silly, I know. We could use the actual image for whatever weapon you have equipped, but I opted not to on the grounds that it would become confusing.

As promised, a cleaner display for funkslinging actions.

I also found that the stun menu was showing up quite frequently, recommending a Silent skill. Since I don't have Noodles permed, perhaps this is a bit of a niche case. I was allowing the stun menu to display for single-round stuns only if the action also dealt damage because hey, free damage. However, the MP cost was not free and it hindered my blasting through combats with a single key. So now the stun menu will ony display for single-round stunners if the action is itself profitable.

My next project is adding runaway information to BatBrain. I found myself wanting to run away from quite a few combats in BIG!, mostly because as a plinker fighting over my level, deleveling the monster enough to win was fairly expensive considering I don't need the stats. However, clicking over to the KoL tab to select Run Away quickly became ponderous, so I've started to brainstorm how to incorporate runaways. I'm thinking a "runaway X" keyword in batfactors, where X represents the chance of the runaway being free. We'd have to have special code to handle free runaways from things with shared counters or variable chances, but it's quite doable. All of these actions would also be "custom" so they would not be used in regular combat unless the script explicitly decided to run away and chose action after appropriately sorting opts. Hopefully I can get this functionality added while people are still interested in BIG! runs.

@Winterbay: Unfortunately I have no idea what's going on there. I've never used a master override and don't really even know how they work. However, I do know that fight.ash has a lot of code at top level and wasn't written with being imported in mind. I've just now made fight.ash importable (i.e. wrapped up most of the top level stuff in functions and called it from main), so maybe that will fix your issue. r4

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That debug log has the exact same set of function calls repeated roughly 50 times. My guess is that there was an infinite loop that only got broken up by a lack of memory.

Winterbay

r4 helped with the depbuglog and running out of memory issue at least, but the bat machine seems to fail to do anything other than say that it's loading...

zarqon

gr8 r8 Update!

Revisions 5-7 were just exact name updates so I didn't make posts about them. This update also includes one more exact name update -- hopefully the last -- but also a lot of other goodies which, of course, contribute a 'g' and thus make r8 truly gr8!

The first goodie could be crucial in specific situations. I noticed that the BatMan-enhanced stat block was differing from Manuel's stats on the very first page load, and sometimes on consecutive loads beyond that. The problem was that the queue was not being reset after building custom actions, so it was displaying the estimated stats after completing the custom actions, rather than the actual current stats! Fixed that.

After that, we just have a handful of gr8 enhancements to the Adventure Again box:

• As mentioned elsewhere, when you're adventuring in the Smut Orc Logging Camp, display a link to use a keepsake box if you have one.

• Dolphins are slightly less aggravating! When you're swimming, you can now see at a glance the item that you could recover from the dirty rotten dolphin scumbag that stole it, and how much it's worth (mouseover the item). If you decide it's worth the sand dollar + turn to retrieve that item, click the convenient link to use a dolphin whistle. Extremely finny!

• Life as a Mer-kin gladiatorial candidate isn't easy, but BatMan RE now makes it a little less hard. First of all, if you have one of the Mer-kin weapons equipped and haven't learned all 3 skills, you'll see your current training progress. Otherwise, you'll see a link to equip any of the three weapons which 1) you have, and b) you haven't completely trained. Geez, could you be any more helpful, BatMan?

• BatMan: "Actually, yes!" When you are adventuring in the Mer-kin Colosseum, we now also display a link to equip the Mer-kin weapon which the next monster will be vulnerable to. You can now handle the entire Gladiatorial branch of the quest conveniently without leaving the relay browser.

• The last change is something I can't believe no one mentioned yet. When I started delving into the Sea with goals set, I noted the Adventure Again box became flooded with gear changing recommendations -- so many that the box extended beyond the bottom of the screen! I hadn't noticed before because I'd only been relay browsing in HC, when I had a fairly limited number of +items gear available (and I usually had the best ones equipped when I had item goals set anyway). So, while chuckling bemusedly at the foibles of humanity, I altered the script to only recommend one item per slot. Much better!

Enjoy these gr8 (though slightly l8, worth the w8) changes, perhaps over a pl8 of t8sty br8wurst 8nd m8sh8 pot8o88s8.

88888!

Fluxxdog

When the stopwatch icon shows next to a skill, a mouseover shows something along the lines of "Stasis with skill 1003". Would you kindly have it show what it would stasis with, such as "Stasis with Entangling Noodles then Thrust-Smack!"? It'd be helpful.

zarqon

I'm not sure what you mean. The name of said action is already directly next to the stopwatch. It's not going to use other actions than the action it appears in front of.

Fluxxdog

I mean it doesn't say what it'll stasis with. It seems to imply that it will stasis using Thrust-Smack, which I don't think is a stasis option. Just asking for clarity is all.

Also, how do you funksling using the relay? If I click on an item, it just uses it. If I right-click, I get a context menu.

And thanks ^^ No really. Thanks.

zarqon

If the stopwatch icon is next to Thrust-Smack, that means that Thrust-Smack qualifies as a stasis option (probably due to your familiar or other source of profit), and clicking the stopwatch will in fact stasis using Thrust-Smack.

For now, unfortunately funkslinging must be performed through the default KoL interface. I tried adding funkslinging permutations in build_items() -- in fact you can see the commented out code there -- but that made the script take an unreasonably long amount of time. You can try uncommenting it if you like, but I'm pretty sure you'll agree that makes the script so slow as to be unusable.

EDIT: r9 is just a few handy links for the Oil Peak. First, a link to equip dress pants if you have them. Second, a link to create a jar of oil when you are able to and if you haven't yet completed that part of the Twin Peak.

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

If the stopwatch icon is next to Thrust-Smack, that means that Thrust-Smack qualifies as a stasis option (probably due to your familiar or other source of profit), and clicking the stopwatch will in fact stasis using Thrust-Smack.
Ah, I see now. Misunderstanding on my part.
For now, unfortunately funkslinging must be performed through the default KoL interface. I tried adding funkslinging permutations in build_items() -- in fact you can see the commented out code there -- but that made the script take an unreasonably long amount of time. You can try uncommenting it if you like, but I'm pretty sure you'll agree that makes the script so slow as to be unusable.
Hmm... For BatMan itself, yes, that would take a butt-long time. For RE, though, perhaps another possibility. With the items, have an additional link "funksling" which then brings up a new list of items only. Picking a second item will funksling them in that order. That way, you can choose Rain-doh Black Box (funksling), find the Rain-doh indigo cup, and BatMan will know they both have been used.

Sad thing is, it's easy for me to ask, but I don't know how difficult that would be.

EDIT: Another request: any way to hide the bottom part of the overlay when the battle is over?

EDIT EDIT: Did this to line 229:
Code:
   results.replace_string("</body>", (contains_text(results,"<center><table><a name=\"end\">") && !contains_text(results,"WINWINWIN")) ? "<div id='battab'><ul><li><a href='#bat-enhance'>Actions</a>"+
First, yes I know the the WINWINWIN isn't a 100% foolproof way to find the end of a battle. It works for Dreadsylvania so I can click on those new story links, so it's a start. Second, I found that it disables the Combat Action Bar. I have it set up so I can hit 0 to adventure again, but that doesn't work with the adjustment I made. If it helps, the skills and items list are empty as well. At the least food for thought.

Last edited:

zarqon

r12 Update

Today, ladies and gentlefolks, we have a major update to the combat queue display!

• Previously, beneath each monster it showed the percent chance that you would encounter that monster. Well, it still shows that, but between the monster and the percent we have a couple arrows -- up and down. You can click the up arrow to add/remove the monster to/from BatMan_attract (meaning that attracting actions such as Olfaction will be suggested in custom actions for that monster). Likewise, you can click the down arrow to add/remove the monster to/from BatMan_banish (meaning that banishing actions will be suggested in custom actions for that monster).
  • Goal information is still displayed when you mouseover each monster, however now the monster with the highest goal yield now has its appearance rate highlighted in green.
  • Banished monsters are now dimmed in the queue.

This is one of my favorite updates ever! You can now tell a lot more information at a glance -- which monster(s) you should attract or banish, which monsters are already configured to do both, and which monsters are currently banished! It makes something tweaky like managing your attract and banish settings quite easy. WINWINWIN.

A few other changes:

• When noncombats have your highest chance of dropping goals, suggest -combat gear, with equip links.
  • Add the same fix to the "next weapon" function for the Colosseum that was also made to BBB.

Enjoy!

@Fluxxx: I'm not sure what you mean -- there is no "bottom part" when the combat is over.

Fluxxdog

@Fluxx: I'm not sure what you mean -- there is no "bottom part" when the combat is over.
Huh, that's an issue then. I made the little adjustments to my code because the the relay would cover up the bottom of the page, so I couldn't click on anything. Which means that something is causing BatMan_RE to keep that up when it's not supposed to. Maybe I can find out what's happening a different way. What part of your relay determines whether to include the list of combat actions? I might be getting something erroneous being sent to your script which would keep me from clicking Adventure Again.

EDIT: Rassin frassin rable frackin... Did a delete and checkout. Now I get nothing at the end of the fight! No BatMan adventure again or anything. I can't win for losing :/

Last edited: