autoscend - a sl_ascend fork/continuation

Thats not an Mafia issue. That is a github issue. I had the problem for about a week about a week ago and then it went away. Github has issues with SVN checkout. The best thing is to manually download the zip from the link and manually copy all the files

Or just keep trying it will eventually work

mooshotty2

@txrangersxx Awesome, good to know. Thanks for posting! I was able to get it to work via somebody elses fork. So you are right that it seems to be something with github + svn

Malibu Stacey

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
As one of those aforementioned script authors, I absolutely love that an error caused entirely by KoLMafia using an SVN library to access repositories hosted on GitHub gives an error that straight up says it's the scripts fault :rolleyes:

You are welcome to help write the KoLmafia code that uses a native Git library instead of the GitHub supplied layer that transforms SVN into Git. At the time decisions were being made the alternative was to tell script writers that they had to use a SVN native host for their scripts. I'm sure you would love that alternative somewhat less. I might argue that the problem is that GitHub advertised SVN support that they are not delivering rather than blaming everything on KoLmafia.

Malibu Stacey

You are welcome to help write the KoLmafia code that uses a native Git library instead of the GitHub supplied layer that transforms SVN into Git. At the time decisions were being made the alternative was to tell script writers that they had to use a SVN native host for their scripts. I'm sure you would love that alternative somewhat less. I might argue that the problem is that GitHub advertised SVN support that they are not delivering rather than blaming everything on KoLmafia.
Where did I blame everything on KoLMafia? I know you're not in Discord so I'll forgive you for not being privy to any of the reams of discussion of this issue. All I will say is, with the very notable exception of @MCroft, I'm probably the most informed person on this topic at present.
I take umbrage with an error message which directs people to me while having no agency to rectify said error.
If you want to suggest a reliable SVN native host to migrate to, I and many other script authors will be all ears. SourceForge where almost every other script is hosted fails that description on a regular basis as your own session logs will likely attest.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
I think the error message in question is designed to catch scripts which color outside the lines, by having something other than the allowed directories and the dependency file at the TL. It was not intended to catch cases where SVN would do something wrong, and yet not throw an error.

There will be a version of this in the GIT command, even with a manifest and a root directory, because of the limits, but it's certainly possible to write a more and less diplomatic error messages, for the case of "something went wrong" and "something went wrong, and it's illegal file/directory related".

lazy_fire

The best thing is to manually download the zip from the link and manually copy all the files

I've been having the svn issues for a while, so this might be my best solution. Just for clarification, should I run "svn delete autoscend" before copying the files?

xKiv

Sure, if you completely ignore the following 10 words in that sentence (as you did in that edited quote) then yeah you're right.
The way you wrote it still puts all the blame entirely on kolmafia.
With parallel reasoning, you could easily put the blame entirely on the authors who put their scripts on a hosting service that has a buggy interface. (the last time I checked, github's git-to-svn bridge did something broken when trying to update past certain svn revisions (as seen by compliant svn clients)).
I think, if *you* shouldn't expect github to export your project in a broken way, then neither should kolmafia.

Taiyou

Hello! Extreme casual veteran of Kingdom of Loathing here and first time user of Autoscend ever, hey, I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to everyone who has ever been a part of this project. From those who maintain it and update it to those who started it. I've always been a slow and heavily casual ascender and the script is teaching me ways to play the game I didn't even know were a thing!
So yeah, thank you.

taltamir

Is there really any benefit to the community to responding three months later?
I only read the date on the latest post. which was Taiyou from today at 12:16PM. I assumed the posts immediately above it are from the same day so did not bother to read the dates on each of the posts and did not notice it was from 3 months ago. My bad there. I apologize

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I only read the date on the latest post. which was Taiyou from today at 12:16PM. I assumed the posts immediately above it are from the same day so did not bother to read the dates on each of the posts and did not notice it was from 3 months ago. My bad there. I apologize
Noted and accepted.

extynt

first thank you for your work, here, actualy script play beter than myself:)) ( wich hap to not be so hard since a 2 yrs gap in game)
1. wonder how to set to keep miniature ball on fams ( for all fams wich i used in run ) bcs try to avoid to get astral thing
2. its posible to use backup camera on several important hunting ( like lich, goat , shaman, bowling alley ,frog etc?) ty, or need to doit manualy
3. idk how to ask about diabolic pizza
4. how usefull are vinter familiar in run?
TYVM once again folks

first without script, second with, but not much tweak

262 11/04/21 14
Sauceror
Opossum 8875
Vampire Vintner (63.6%) - Total Run: Vampire Vintner (33.2%)
Hardcore
Wildfire
263 11/08/21 13
Sauceror
Wallaby 7384

Last edited:

taltamir

first thank you for your work, here, actualy script play beter than myself:)) ( wich hap to not be so hard since a 2 yrs gap in game)
1. wonder how to set to keep miniature ball on fams ( for all fams wich i used in run ) bcs try to avoid to get astral thing
2. its posible to use backup camera on several important hunting ( like lich, goat , shaman, bowling alley ,frog etc?) ty, or need to doit manualy
3. idk how to ask about diabolic pizza
4. how usefull are vinter familiar in run?
TYVM once again folks
1. I think there might be an option to override equipment in the autoscend gui settings page.
2. someone is working on it right now
3. no current support. some of the devs want it, but everyone is busy with other stuff
4. No idea. sorry

extynt

1. I think there might be an option to override equipment in the autoscend gui settings page.
2. someone is working on it right now
3. no current support. some of the devs want it, but everyone is busy with other stuff
4. No idea. sorry
super, tyvm

Pazleysox

void preAdvUpdateFamiliar failed because property auto_familiarChoice is empty for some reason

Just hit level 10, and the script stops with this error. I did svn update to make sure I had the latest version...