Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
heya I think my verion is wayyy out of date, what do i do to update it??

this is the error I am getting right now:

[the ode to booze] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1196)

Look up two posts above yours.

scud121

Just a quick one - as they tend to be.... Is there a way of getting the script to automate familiar changing (bander normally, but would like it to use sandworm + llama to 5 x spleen items each). Rather foolishly, no feathers in hagnks >_<

Mr_Crac

dj_d, it would be cool if one could specify for the script to run for X turns.

For example, if I want to get semi-rares, I have to do that myself. I'm okay with that, however it is a bit annoying to keep watching KoLmafia until the moment comes to manually halt ascend.ash. So yeah, that would be really useful if I could set it to run for 20 or 50 or however many turns.

mottsy

call scripts\Ascend.ash

Script parsing error (Ascend.ash, line 10)

Latest daily build. latest version of ascend.ash with no changes

slyz

Developer
In LevelUp.ash, line 319, change
PHP:
  if (loc == $location[Tavern Cellar])
to
PHP:
  if (loc == $location[Tavern Cellar] || loc == $location[Typical Tavern])

I apologize for not posting ant fixes, my freetime ended up getting cut short and midterms, papers, etc. are haunting me at the moment. Also it has been a headache and a half to get anything running. Hopefully an official rebuild of the scripts is in the works, that would be great.

mhopkins321

I am having a problem. Ascend.ash is attempting to run eatdrink.ash (which is fine) however, it keeps attempting to buy something from the mall when I have no meat left, then just gets stuck in a loop. Any suggestions?

mhopkins321

while i would normally call this a constructive response, this time it isn't due to the fact that it is causing ascend.ash to stop working.

Mr_Crac

I am having a problem. Ascend.ash is attempting to run eatdrink.ash (which is fine) however, it keeps attempting to buy something from the mall when I have no meat left, then just gets stuck in a loop. Any suggestions?

Perhaps disallow KoLmafia to buy anything at all?

Mr_Crac

I'm a bit surprised that the script is trying to get the Orcish outfit for the Capm's quest, when I have hot wings already and the frilly skirt is just 80 meat in the Degrassi Knoll General Store. Any chance of fine-tuning things like that? dj_d seems to have been away from this thread for quite some time now :(

Bale

Minion
Any chance of fine-tuning things like that? dj_d seems to have been away from this thread for quite some time now :(

dj_d is busy with real life. Many other scripters on this forum don't like to tinker with something dj_d is paid for since we don't get a percentage of his take. So little chance unless you can do it yourself.

halfvoid

In the meantime. I've stopped using Ascend.ash and have been using this handy checklist for manually ascending my main character. Seems pretty optimal to me and has tons of options as far as which quests and sub quests you want to track. Its dated in some areas though as far as main stat requirements. i.e. the beanstalk and dungeons of doom.

StDoodle

Minion
I'm a bit surprised that the script is trying to get the Orcish outfit for the Capm's quest, when I have hot wings already and the frilly skirt is just 80 meat in the Degrassi Knoll General Store. Any chance of fine-tuning things like that? dj_d seems to have been away from this thread for quite some time now :(

Untested, but as part of a library of HC-oriented scripts I'm working on I have this:
PHP:
boolean capm_teeth() {
    boolean result;
    boolean swap = false;
    int choice = 0;

switch {
        case have_outfit("Frat Boy Ensemble"):
            choice = 1;
            swap = cli_execute("checkpoint outfit");
            if (!outfit("Frat Boy Ensemble")) abort("You have the Frat Outfit, but for some reason cannot wear it.");
            break;
        case (item_amount($item[mullet wig]) > 0 && item_amount($item[briefcase]) > 0):
            choice = 2;
            if (!equip($item[mullet wig])) abort("You have a mullet wig and briefcase, but for some reason cannot wear the wig.");
            break;
        case (item_amount($item[hot wing]) >=3 && (item_amount($item[frilly skirt]) > 0 || (my_meat() >= 80 && in_muscle_sign()))):
            choice = 3;
            boolean s2;
            s2 = retrieve_item(1, $item[frilly skirt]);
            if (s2) s2 = equip($item[frilly skirt]);
            if (!s2) abort("Unable to buy or wear a frilly skirt.");
            break;
        default:
            break;
    }

if (choice == 0) {
        result = false;
    } else {
        string old = get_property("choiceAdventure188");
        set_property("choiceAdventure188",choice.to_string());
        result = use(1,$item[Orcish Frat House blueprints]);
        if (result) result = (item_amount($item[Cap'm Caronch's dentures]) > 0);
        set_property("choiceAdventure188",old);
    }

if (swap) cli_execute("outfit checkpoint");
    return result;
}
If it works, it should return true if it grabs the teeth, and false if it can't. The only thing it will automatically acquire is a frilly skirt (assuming you're a muscle sign & have >= 80 meat on hand). Theoretically, it will set the choice adventure to the desired result & use the blueprints, but since this is an instance of use item => have auto-triggered adventure, which I've never tested, I can't say for sure it works... and it will be a good while before I'm in a position to test it.

Also, it should abort, instead of returning false, for "weird" errors, like being unable to equip something that should be equipable. I'll probably change how that's handled at some point...

Last edited: