Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

hello

Is the ascend.ash already updated with the new macguffin.ash?

And also, whenever I run the script, it just ends at the island war quest and doesn't finish the NS. TY

ispep1982

When running ascend.ash on my level 13 unascended multi, it starts, populates the quest map, registers the quest step and level up steps and then returns "[server] returned a blank page from lair2.php. Complain to Jick, not us." The only quest I have from the Council right now is MacGuffin. Is it assuming because I'm level 13 I should be ready for the NS?

ispep1982

When running ascend.ash on my level 13 unascended multi, it starts, populates the quest map, registers the quest step and level up steps and then returns "[server] returned a blank page from lair2.php. Complain to Jick, not us." The only quest I have from the Council right now is MacGuffin. Is it assuming because I'm level 13 I should be ready for the NS?

It seems to be an issue in eatdrink.ash, line 964

Code:
boolean needakey = !can_interact() || my_level() < 13 ||

I've changed the 13 to 15, and its working. Will this change cause problems with characters that are level appropriate and doing what they need to do?

nadando

Melee outfit

Apologies if this is addressed earlier in the thread, but why doesn't the script automatically generate an optimal melee outfit based on stats and the items available? It already puts on the optimal outfit for rollover turns. (of course, I may just be a noob and need to configure something).

slyz

Developer
From the first post:

4) So I just have to configure the scripts and the default adventuring stuff?
Sort of. You also will need to make sure you're equipping whatever you want equipped. I usually set up the best outfit for the day before I run the script, and name that "melee". The script will use that outfit unless anther one is required.

There are too many combat strategies possible to consider automating this yet, since they depend on too many factors including personal preference.

Bazaaretw

Populating quest map.
42 quest steps registered.
9 levelup steps registered.
Server www2.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from lair2.php. Complain to Jick, not us.

I got this error, which won't let ascend.ash run, I believe it's becasue I'm level 13 and it expects to be able to check the lair, but it's not finished with the island or level 12's quest.

Edit I also got this error when I just ran eat/drink.ash

Another edit, after completing the level 12 island quest I'm still getting this error, I'm using the latest mafia jar fyi

Last edited:

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Seems it is refusing to do the first part of the lair (the parts up to the hedge maze) from my research.

Yes, this is an error connected to eatdrink.ash. (It is trying to figure out whether you still need keys for the lair, and thus whether it should tell you to eat key pies.)

Your best quickfix is to search the code for "lair2.php" and change the level in that line from 13 to something larger.

ispep1982

Populating quest map.
42 quest steps registered.
9 levelup steps registered.
Server www2.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from lair2.php. Complain to Jick, not us.

I got this error, which won't let ascend.ash run, I believe it's becasue I'm level 13 and it expects to be able to check the lair, but it's not finished with the island or level 12's quest.

Edit I also got this error when I just ran eat/drink.ash

Another edit, after completing the level 12 island quest I'm still getting this error, I'm using the latest mafia jar fyi

If you look up four posts, you will see that its been reported, and a fix posted. Jus sayin.

Makarina

Is there any way to break up the level 7 quest into bonerdagon and non bonerdagon part? now when the first 4 parts of the quest are done, if you cannot safely fight the bonerdagon, you are sent to level up other places. If the level 8 quest is available, it won't send you there, it will go other places you can safely adventure. Is there a setting I can change (or something like that) that will fix that?

One other thing - eat drink is having issues (which I know you know about). When I stop and restart ascend, eatdrink then drinks me into overdrunkeness. Is there any fix for that?

Last edited:

icon315

This is a combination of the fact that you don't have dungeon access in your clan and the fact that mafia assumes it should stop everything if you get a blank page back. I'm not sure why farm.ash would consider the sewer for farming, but I also think that aborting when a blank page is returned is the wrong way to go for mafia. One of those two things will need to be changed.

So how do i fix this....i found one way is to leave the clan you are currently in but that is not an option anymore

Grotfang

Developer
Well, the script could check more tentatively for dungeon access, working from whether you can see the basement at all, to whether you have permission to see the slime tube/sewers.

EDIT: Having looked in a little more depth, I can't find anywhere in either canadv.ash or farm.ash that directly calls clan_raidlogs.php. I assume that there is a separate call that automatically requests that page, but I don't know off hand where that would be.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
From what I gathered from this thread, I think Farm.ash goes through $location[]. So it's bound to try out the sewers when C.H.U.M.s are worth getting. Special handling would be easy to implement I guess.

kheldar

Function 'explore_entire_city( )' undefined (Ascend.ash, line 1214)

I am still getting this error how do I fix it please