bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Crowther

No, it still does.
It works right for me. My logs show I haven't acquired a dinghy since Feb 18th and I've been doing a lot of AoSP runs using BCA.

Skipping the level 8 quest hasn't been working right, but I think that's already been noted.

Arashmin

Is there perhaps a way to make the script keep to a certain outfit for the most part in HC? The one option present - bcasc_dontTouchStuff - does mostly as it says, but if it changes into something, such as the comedy club items, it doesn't then recognize to change back. This is especially problematic for a Disco Bandit with a Frankly Mr. Shank, since it will automatically want to equip a ranged weapon, and doesn't seem to account for Tricky Knifework. Any way you could enable a 'bcasc_useOutfitInHC' option to let us use the defined bumcheekascend outfit for our runs?

Winterbay

It works right for me. My logs show I haven't acquired a dinghy since Feb 18th and I've been doing a lot of AoSP runs using BCA.

Skipping the level 8 quest hasn't been working right, but I think that's already been noted.

Level 8 works fine up until Groar which I can't get to work for some reason, but it hunts for the cold-outfit and then moves directly to Groar if you have the snow tires set. I have not looked at the other route though since I have not been able to get to 5 cold res without the outfit :)

Crowther

Level 8 works fine up until Groar which I can't get to work for some reason, but it hunts for the cold-outfit and then moves directly to Groar if you have the snow tires set. I have not looked at the other route though since I have not been able to get to 5 cold res without the outfit :)
Oh, I see. Getting the outfit requires a lot of turns. I have pulled stuff before the quest to get 5 cold resist (pantsgiving and snow queen crown). As this is pretty much a HC script and I'm doing SC, that's my problem then.

Theraze

Realistically, there should probably be a check to see if it's possible already. Someday. :) Since the 1 adventure for the 3 resist with the hairdo will let you completely skip pine-fresh farming; makes the cold resist available with just a single additional piece - bi-polar fleece or enchanted handwarmer and you're done; makes the twin peaks rather simple; and helps randomly with the stench/sleaze war mobs.

But that's a matter of personal preference. I know that it will save me more than one turn. I know that I don't want to use multiple turns or micromanage it, so...

The simplest way to get +5 cold resist in HC AoSP is to use a scroll of protection from bad stuff and the +resist intrinsic from Check Hair. I've done this to skip the outfit entirely.

dixmcdix

Is there a setting to choose between eXtreme Slope or Lair of Ninja Snowmen?

I just noticed today that the script spent 70 turns trying to do the Ninja Snowmen. I've never seen the script try to use that route up the mountain before over many ascensions. Though this is the first ascent using a Sauceror in HC Big! Maybe that is it?

Just curious if there is something I'd missed?

Edit: Ah it seems to think that combat frequency can be buffed to positive when it cannot so it is just doing the lair without ever getting any assassins. Stupid quartet canceling out cantata (that I permed just before this run)

Last edited:

Winterbay

Latest version of BCA should attempt the ninja-route for Pete as well if you have the correct update/updates to your bike and can get 5 cold res.
On a similar note, and in order to resolve the annoying bug that is spending loads of turn not fighting ninja assassins, does anyone know what preference Mafia saves the ballroom song under if any?

digitrev

There are two "quartet" settings. Using an alias someone else came up with, I get
Code:
> prefref quartet

lastQuartetAscension(user, now '86', default '-1')
lastQuartetRequest(user, now '2', default '0')

I am not sure if I am mistaken because I have not confirmed it by looking at the adventure counter, but in instances like the bedroom and when climbing the tower, Mafia says that BCA "casts RETURN" when fleeing from combat, even when we have the peel out skill. Is it a verbose error or does the script really not take advantage of that skill?

Winterbay

The script does not currently take advantage of that skill. All free runaways it has used so far have been based on augmenting your normal runaway. I'll have to look at that.

Yesterday I got myself Sneaky Pete's leather jacket, and after running the first day manually as always, when I run the script it gets stuck in a loop with this message

Code:
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
Doing a check for Telescope Items
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: Maximizing ''
Unrecognized keyword: sneaky pete's leather jacket (collar popped)
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.
KoLmafia declares world peace.
KoLmafia declares world peace.

The string in the Maximizer is:
Code:
0 beeosity, mainstat 53 max, -melee +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, .5 hp, Sneaky Pete's leather jacket (collar popped) -equip hilarious comedy prop

If I were to put the collar back down the script runs normally, but one of the reasons I decided to get it was for the ML, so this bugs me quite a lot

Theraze

Should be fixed with r465. Someone forgot to do the +equip before the popped jacket. :) Thanks for posting the maximization string, btw. That makes it really clear where the bug was. :)

Ok I am on the newest version of mafia and newest script and have 3 issues:

1. Whenever I start a new ascension it blanks out the field for the default familiar in the settings and I have to put it back.
2. It will try to level in the haunted gallery but never makes an attempt to open the haunted gallery.
3. It gets the extreme cold weather gear and then stops it never tries to open the peak and I have to do it manually.