bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

Any chance this post could be in the first post?

Yes.

And the recent changes to the game have made myst ascension scripting substantially less necessary. If you want to perm skills (and to be honest, I imagine this is the pretty much only reason why people using this script do so) then you can now just run a bunch of mox ascensions and then ONE myst one, and perm all the skills.

So I suggest that it's much better to improve the efficiency of the script, rather than working on myst ascensions. I'd now like the script to reliably do a 4-day HC Moxie ascension with sufficient permed skills and Mr. Gear.

Oh, and also challenge paths. Those are good for 100 extra karma per ascension. If the script could reliably pull off a 5-day challenge run, that would be higher karma/day than a 4-day non-challenge, right? So work on Beecore too.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

Ferdawoon - I've had good experience with spamming esc to stop runaway scripts. One press, no; a few presses, no; I'm talking button mashing. This goes for other ash scripts too.

It's worked for me in the past with bumcheekascend.
Yeh same for me, it is now after the Valhalla revamp that things have been acting up but that is quite understandable as there is a lot going on both in KoL and Mafia trying to figure out what is happening and to spade stuff =)
Not tried ESC though, always used the Stop Now. Will test it if it happen again.

Ferdawoon

Btw, is it intentional that the script dont do the Friar quest even as level 8?
The script is now trying to do the pirate fledges and there I need hot wings to get past the orcish blueprints, but as I have not been to the friars I have none =(

Last edited:

lightwolf

Yes.

And the recent changes to the game have made myst ascension scripting substantially less necessary. If you want to perm skills (and to be honest, I imagine this is the pretty much only reason why people using this script do so) then you can now just run a bunch of mox ascensions and then ONE myst one, and perm all the skills.

So I suggest that it's much better to improve the efficiency of the script, rather than working on myst ascensions. I'd now like the script to reliably do a 4-day HC Moxie ascension with sufficient permed skills and Mr. Gear.

Oh, and also challenge paths. Those are good for 100 extra karma per ascension. If the script could reliably pull off a 5-day challenge run, that would be higher karma/day than a 4-day non-challenge, right? So work on Beecore too.

Ah crap, now i have to go back and fix all the spelling errors :(

I almost don't want to see challenge paths scripted. They only have a 3 month life span anyway (at least for the +100 karma. the run will still be available without bonus points afterwards.) And really they are just fun and unique enough to warrant people paying attention to them as they play it. It still be impressive if you did pull it of though, considering all the familiars and food you can't use, and the changes to a few of the quest. Inflated B monster ML will wreck moxie/muscle classes on auto attack.

Seems like Mafia would need a bunch of changes first before it becomes manageable. The runs themselves aren't that much longer then a normal HC run though so definitely worth the points. Look to be inflated by about 200 turns or so.

I'm really excited to see what you could do about consistent 4 day HC runs, and how you would go about scripting that.

natnit

Correct.

HCC = HC Challenge
NS drops an Instant Karma, redeemable for 11 karma, each run

5-day HCNP = 211 karma (+11) karma every 4 days = 55.5 karma/day
4-day HCNP = 211 karma (+11) karma every 3 days = 74 karma/day

6-day HCC = 311 karma (+11) karma every 5 days = 64.4 karma/day
5-day HCC = 311 karma (+11) karma every 4 days = 80.4 karma/day

Moving from 55.5 karma/day to 74 karma/day (5-day HCNP to 4-day HCNP) is an increase of 33%. Subsequently, moving from 74 karma/day to 80.4 karma/day (4-day HCNP to 5-day HCC) is an increase of 8.6%.

You can save additional karma from not buying an astral equipment (+10 karma, feasible for 5day HCNP) and doing part of the nemesis during the run (+11 karma, probably feasible for 5day HCNP). This still loses to a 4-day HCNP that foregoes these karma "luxuries."

bumcheekcity

Right. So we'll need the option to do the nemesis quest, which is:
1) LEW from EW. In all honesty I should have done this months ago.
2) Dark and Dank and Sinister Quest
3) Make sure we turn in the above to get three wandering monster hit us before we ascend.

Then leave actually DOING the nemesis quest as an exercise for the user, who will probably use a script after they beat the NS.

And the astral equipment you can sell back before you ascend, can't you? So you basically buy it once and then always have a piece of equipment. Is this not right?

suship

Yes.

There's no way I'll ever have enough patience to do more than one Hivecore run. Automated Hivecore runs would be the best thing ever!

And the astral equipment you can sell back before you ascend, can't you? So you basically buy it once and then always have a piece of equipment. Is this not right?

I'm pretty sure you basically "rent" the astral equipment for the course of one ascension. It's a quest item, so you lose it upon hitting Valhalla again.

slyz

Developer
You have most of the relevant function in nemesis.ash, but that script is designed with aftercore in mind. That means you will need to check if the if the character has the relevant skills and ingredients to pass the Dark Cave tests before calling nemesisCave().

The same goes for the LEW: nemesis.ash considers you can buy the EW, so you will need to make sure the player has it before calling get_LEW().

LordDerby

I have been having trouble getting the script to work under a moxie sign. Before anything happens, it tries to check the MCD and says, "Server www2.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from gnomes.php. Complain to Jick, not us." Anyone know what I should change gnomes.php to?

slyz

Developer
When you say Moxie sign, do you mean a Gnome sign (Wombat/Blender/Packrat) ?

EDIT: this might ba a Mafia problem. Do you get the same message when you type "mcd 10" in the gCLI ?

Last edited:

Winterbay

I think the problem might be that the script uses "is_moxie_sign()" and similar functions to check for availability of the different mcds, which doesn't work anymore.

Theraze

EDIT: this might ba a Mafia problem. Do you get the same message when you type "mcd 10" in the gCLI ?

It's not a mafia problem... it's a "script hasn't been updated since KoL changed the availability of zodiac zones" problem. :)

Change is_muscle_sign to knoll_available, is_mysticality_sign to canadia_available, and is_moxie_sign to gnomads_available. Problem should be fixed. As long as you're using it with new (daily) mafia...

Ferdawoon

It seems the nun-meat part is also causing a bit of a loop when completed. Adding this to Sourceforge.
Code:
BCC: Nunmeat retrieved: 97610 Estimated adventures remaining: 1
Mood swing complete.

Visit to IsleWar: Themthar Hills in progress...

[1033] Themthar Hills
Encounter: dirty thieving brigand
Strategy: attack with weapon
Round 0: ferdawoon wins initiative!
Round 1: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 1: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 2: dirty thieving brigand takes 145 damage.
Round 2: Grort lodges the ice-cold pick in your enemy, dealing 11 damage.
Round 2: dirty thieving brigand takes 11 damage.
You lose 6 hit points
Round 2: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 3: dirty thieving brigand takes 144 damage.
Round 3: Grort climbs up and sits on your shoulder, and hands you some Meat. Huh, where did he find that?
You gain 71 Meat.
Round 3: ferdawoon wins the fight!
After Battle: Grort sits on your fallen opponent's body, blows a smoke ring, and winks at you.
After Battle: Grort dislodges some Meat from the ground with the pick.
The nuns take 2,640 Meat; 100,000 recovered, 0 left to recover.
You gain 25 Strongness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 9 Enchantedness
You gain 17 Cheek

BCC: Nunmeat retrieved: 100000 Estimated adventures remaining: 0
Mood swing complete.

You already recovered the Nuns' Meat.

Mood swing complete.

Mood swing complete.

Mood swing complete.

Mood swing complete.

LordDerby

I figured out this morning that what was going on was that it was trying to change the MCD before I had access to the beach. Thanks for the fix instructions--I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but even if it still won't work, I at least know what's going on.

stannius

Correct.

HCC = HC Challenge
NS drops an Instant Karma, redeemable for 11 karma, each run

5-day HCNP = 211 karma (+11) karma every 4 days = 55.5 karma/day
4-day HCNP = 211 karma (+11) karma every 3 days = 74 karma/day

6-day HCC = 311 karma (+11) karma every 5 days = 64.4 karma/day
5-day HCC = 311 karma (+11) karma every 4 days = 80.4 karma/day

Moving from 55.5 karma/day to 74 karma/day (5-day HCNP to 4-day HCNP) is an increase of 33%. Subsequently, moving from 74 karma/day to 80.4 karma/day (4-day HCNP to 5-day HCC) is an increase of 8.6%.

You can save additional karma from not buying an astral equipment (+10 karma, feasible for 5day HCNP) and doing part of the nemesis during the run (+11 karma, probably feasible for 5day HCNP). This still loses to a 4-day HCNP that foregoes these karma "luxuries."

You already counted the +10 karma for not buying astral equipment (and no astral consumables too).

In a sense, it seems that the script being able to reliably pull a 4-day HCNP run is a requirement for pulling a 5-day challenge run. Also, reliable 4 dayers would be forever useful, but the challenge run code has an expiration date. On the other hand, unless you are endlessly chaining 3-dayers, and assuming a challenge path adds at most one day to your run, challenge paths are a clear win for perming efficiency.

I guess what I am saying is: if you had to choose one thing to work on, choose reliable 4-dayers. But if you can make both happen that would be even better.

Just finished a 6/1167 DB run with the script. I didn't check the logs yet (been busy) but seems like day 1 moved much slower than I can do on my own. I bet optimizing the earlier levels more would end up speeding up the whole run more than optimization spent elsewhere.

That said, glad to have this awesome script!

I did add a couple bugs I noticed with the behavior of 0.24 to the sourceforge page.

Last edited: