New Content - Implemented Two Crazy Random Summer

ckb

Minion
Staff member
3) Something to help get Got Milk in TCRS. Perhaps "tcrs milk" could list all the sources for that effect for you.

This is my TCRS find effects script bit. Easy to add other effects as needed:
PHP:
	foreach get in $effects[
	Got Milk,
	Stone-Faced,
	Dirty Pear,
	Crappily Disguised as a Waiter,
	Fifty Ways to Bereave Your Lover,
	] {
		foreach it in $items[] {
			effect ef = effect_modifier(it,"Effect");
			string ss = string_modifier(ef,"Evaluated Modifiers");
			int dd = to_int(numeric_modifier(it,"Effect Duration"));
			if (is_unrestricted(it) && ef==get) { print(it+" : "+ef+" = "+ss+" ("+dd+")","blue"); }
		}
	}

Saklad5

So now that all the work is done for this, http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showpost.php?p=5039547&postcount=373 has the messy reverse-engineered formula for equipment enchantments.
I was expecting that to get reverse-engineered eventually, since we have so much data to work with and the community is very clever. I was vaguely wondering if I could throw MLKit at the spreadsheets and train an AI model that way.

I was not expecting TCRS to get reverse-engineered by identifying weaknesses in the random number generator. Hats off to yojimbos_law and everyone else who contributed.

Last edited:

VinnyB

I'm currently in a seed (DB marmot) that has Perfect Hair (+15% to mox gains) via twinkly nuggets. When I the maximizer to max "moxie experience percent", though, that effect doesn't even show on the list at all (though 8 other sourceless effects do). Is there something weird about that effect that might cause it to be passed over?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I dunno. have you tried to maximize on "Experience Percent (Moxie)" which is the actual modifier you want to maximize on?

I see this in TCRS_Disco_Bandit_Marmot.txt:

Code:
1444	alkaline green twinkly nuggets	0		Effect: "Perfect Hair", Effect Duration: 37

And I see this in modifiers.txt:

Code:
Effect	Perfect Hair	Experience Percent (Moxie): +15
So, I fully expect maximizing on "Experence Percent (Moxie)" to consider it, but I have no idea what to expect from maximizing on "moxie experience percent" is supposed to do.

Have you tried this in a non-TCRS run? What other effects DO show up in the TCRS run?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I honestly have no idea what "moxie experience percent" or "experience percent (moxie)" is supposed to do in the maximizer.
The former does seem to have things like "+5% to all Moxie gains", but the latter seems to have all sorts of Monster Level modifiers.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I will point out that "drum of pomade" came from the The Haunted Sorority House and is therefore almost certainly out of Standard. In fact, looking at it in my TCRS run says exactly that.

However, we are talking about twinkly wad producing the "Perfect Hair" effect, so that shouldn't be an issue. I am not aware of effects being "out of standard", just the items that (normally) produce them.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I honestly have no idea what "moxie experience percent" or "experience percent (moxie)" is supposed to do in the maximizer.
The former does seem to have things like "+5% to all Moxie gains", but the latter seems to have all sorts of Monster Level modifiers.

Looks like "Moxie Experience Percent" is an exact match for the key in Modifiers.doubleModifiers; if no exact (case-insensitive) match is found, then we use a bunch of heuristics to guess what modifier the user wanted -- one of these is for expressions that start with "exp" -> "Experience".
Code:
			else if ( keyword.startsWith( "exp" ) )
			{
				index = Modifiers.EXPERIENCE;
			}

So that means that the latter is actually maximizing experience generally.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm currently in a seed (DB marmot) that has Perfect Hair (+15% to mox gains) via twinkly nuggets. When I the maximizer to max "moxie experience percent", though, that effect doesn't even show on the list at all (though 8 other sourceless effects do). Is there something weird about that effect that might cause it to be passed over?

I just did some experimentation with my current TCRS run. In Accordion Thief/Blender, twinkly nuggets give 69 turns of Hangdog.

Code:
[color=green]> ash $effect[ Hangdog ][/color]

Returned: Hangdog
default => use either 1 twinkly nuggets, 1 polo trophy, 1 monkey barf
note =>
all => aggregate boolean [string]
  use 1 twinkly nuggets => true
  use 1 polo trophy => true
  use 1 monkey barf => true
image => hotdog_sleaze.gif
descid => 3b5ecfa5953774999e709c9ea98328b5
candy_tier => 0

[color=green]> ash string_modifier( $effect[ Hangdog ], "Modifiers" )[/color]

Returned: Sleaze Damage: +30, Hot Resistance: +3, Stench Resistance: +3, Initiative: +20
When I have twinkly nuggets in inventory and tell the maximizer to maximize "Sleaze Damage", one of the suggestions is:

use 1 twinkly nuggests

I put it in the closet and tried again. It was not suggested.
I clicked the "creatable" radio button and tried again. It wss not suggested.

Which makes sense, since although can create twinkly nuggets by pulverizing the correct equipment, pulzerizing is not a "creation method" tht KoLmafia supports.

So, I have the following questions.

Do you have twinkly nuggets in inventory?
What do you mean "8 other sourceless effects"?
What checkboxes/radio buttons do select on the Maximizer?
Are you in Hardcore or Normal?

Saklad5

Which makes sense, since although can create twinkly nuggets by pulverizing the correct equipment, pulzerizing is not a "creation method" tht KoLmafia supports.

That makes sense: items that can be acquired in a straightforward manner (like NPC shops) are explicitly coded to yield useless power, so pulverizing ultimately requires a fairly indescribable judgement call about which items you want to destroy.

Crowther

EDIT: This is an issue with changing moon sign.

I'm having a similar experience. I decided to try an astral longbow this run, because it does "Moxie Percent: +10, Experience (Muscle): +3, Maximum HP Percent: +40". I put it on and did a "modtrace experience" and it doesn't show up anywhere, which explains why I couldn't get the maximize to use it for muscle experience. It also doens't show up when I do "modtrace muscle" or "modtrace moxie". It does show up under "modtrace hp".

EDIT: I don't seem to know how to list all effect for an item.

Last edited:

Crowther

Oh! I figured out something important. I'd changed moon signs with the spoon, so I logged out and back in and my astral longbow works correctly!

EDIT: Astral longbow was a stupid choice. The pool cue provides more stats.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes. We have an action item over in the new content thread for the spoon that details what needs to be done - including reset/relod of TCRS data files, if you are in TCRS.

VinnyB

I dunno. have you tried to maximize on "Experience Percent (Moxie)" which is the actual modifier you want to maximize on?
The reason I do "moxie experience percent" is that that is the lane that the enchantments seem to be listed under, when I do a modtrace.
Code:
type	source			Moxie Experience Percent
Sign	Marmot			+10.00	= +10.00
Item	astral belt		+10.00	= +20.00
Item	hewn moon-rune spoon	+10.00	= +30.00
Effect	Perfect Hair		+15.00	= +45.00
Effect	Perception		+25.00	= +70.00
There aren't many of such stat gain multipliers, so the list that brings up is always very short. This is what it was showing, both while I had the effect active, and after it ran out:
Code:
equip hat pentagram bandana (+0)
<html><font color=gray>keep weapon: Fourth of May Cosplay Saber</font></html>
equip off-hand Kramco Sausage-o-Matic™ (+0)
<html><font color=gray>keep back: vampyric cloake</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>keep shirt: makeshift garbage shirt</font></html>
equip pants distressed denim pants (+0)
<html><font color=gray>keep acc1: astral belt</font></html>
equip acc2 hewn moon-rune spoon (+10)
equip acc3 tiny plastic golden gundam (+0)
<html><font color=gray>(no known source of Juicy Boost) (+100)</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>(get Green Peace via  rollover effect from green LavaCo Lamp™) (+50)</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>synthesize Synthesis: Style (1 spleen, +50) [30 advs duration, 15 uses remaining]</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>(no known source of The Best Hair You've Ever Had) (+20)</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>(no known source of Superdrifting) (+20)</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>(no known source of Pharmaceutically Cool) (+20)</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>(no known source of Video... Games?) (+5)</font></html>
<html><font color=gray>(no known source of Don't Step to Your Stepmother) (+5)</font></html>
Maxing on other variations, like the one you suggested, or on "mox experience percent" or "moxie experience percentage" (which I sometimes do accidentally) bring up massive lists which seem to include everything with +mox or +EXP (which seems to include all +stats and +stat modifiers and sometimes other stuff, depending on the zone currently selected in the Adventure tab...).

I do do this outside of 2CRS fairly frequently, whenever I want to shoot up to lvl 20 or so to be able to use all my dreads equipment.

VinnyB

Oh, interesting. I created twinkly nuggets, ran it again, and now have the additional suggestion line
Code:
use  1 twinkly nuggets (+15) [37 advs duration, 1 in inventory]
(between Pharmaceutically Cool and Video... Games?)

It disappears again if I closet the nuggets.

I'm currently in hardcore, and have the "pullable/buyable", "don't check", and "none" buttons selected.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In hardcore, it is behaving exactly as expected then.
Pullable/buyable is ignored.
Creatable is not ignored - but as I explained, twinkly nuggets will not count for that.

In hardcore, if you want the maximizer to use twinkly nuggets, you have to actually have some in inventory.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Display help output for the various tcrs commands and parameters, if any, they accept:

Code:
tcrs help

tcrs derive <valid parameters>
tcrs check <valid parameters>
tcrs save
tcrs load
etc..

r19370

I'm open to changing what is displayed. My understanding might be flawed.