OCD Inventory control

sleepy g

Hey there --

I've been using this totally awesome script for a while now (thanks Bale!) but recently have run into a problem.. For some reason I cannot mail to my mall multi when running the latest version of the script.

"send to mallmulti HiddenName: 1 yellow candy heart, 36 Yummy Tummy bean
Sale price for this line: 0

The message didn't send for some reason."

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I don't think I changed any settings, but I suppose I might be wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help!

shoptroll

Not sure if Bale is aware of this or not (maybe it's a mafia bug?), but Pokemann Band-Aid boxes should be multi-usable. I just finished up a really lazy Boris run and i'm painfully watching the script open 45 boxes individually :)

EDIT: Disregard. This was probably happening due to my mafia version being out of date.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

Is it possible to get a counter of some sort for the discarding of worthless items?
Atm I have been stuck with
Code:
Items sold.
discard 3058 useless powder
for over 20min.
I understand that it dont print every time it discard something, that could potentially be lots of rows =P
But every 10 or 100 or so would be great. To know that the script is doing something and progressing.

Tried it a first time after my last ascension and then it was stuck there for quite some time, until Mafia got me an error message which ususally happen when my computer lose network connection (the downside of WLAN).
No idea how far it managed to progress tho =(

EDIT:

Checking in on progression, I have had 3051 useless powder in my closet for 10min =S

Come to think of it, the script dont meddle with things in my closet, do it? Going to try again with the powders in my inventory. A form of progressioncheck would still be great =)
Sent all the junk into my inventory again and refreshing my inventory while OCD is running I see that they are all going away as they should =)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Well, that seems both extremely reasonable and extremely simple. I can't very well justify not doing that.

OCD Inventory Control Updated!

• Added counting for every 10 items discarded.

Ok, I'm going to update, and then check back and see if it's still doing this...

but, to report it. I have the dirrective "Flaming pink shirt, keep 1, closet" ... but I keep finding all my pink shirts in there (2)... the same command is setup for the phycho sweater, and the same thing happens, but less often.

I think it is because they where equipped when I ran the script.. it happens most with things I was wearing.

Bale

Minion
If you ascend with 1 shirt in the closet and 1 in your inventory, then when you pull your stuff from Hagnk's storage, both shirts will be in the closet. That's how KoL works. Is that what is happening?

If not, I really do love to see CLI output being copy/pasted. If you can find the link in your data file and copy/paste that also it would make me even happier.

sleepy g

I am still having problems with the script working for my main, sleepy g. The script is working great with my mall multi, but nothing seems to actually happen when I try to run the script for sleepy g. It's almost like I have the 'simulation' box checked.

I tried running the script with the box checked, and I got the simulation message at the end, but when I unchecked the simulation box, nothing actually happened. The cli reports a bunch of stuff happening, but when I check inventory nothing is moved and nothing gets sent to the mall multi. I do get "the message didn't send for some reason" text in red at the end of the script attempt.

As I stated several weeks ago the script worked most excellently for quite a while but now it seems to be a bit obstinate. I did download and begin using "CounterChecker", "htmlform", "EatDrink", "Harvest Combat" and "Harvest" recently. All my scripts associated with the OCD script are up to date (no red messages).

Is it possible that I have a corrupt data file? Is there anything I should look for to try to fix this before I delete all the OCD files associated with this character and start from scratch all over again? Any help would be appreciated as I have the script configured to handle over 1000 unique items.

Again, any help is appreciated.. if you need more info feel free to kmail me.

thanks again!

Bale

Minion
Login with your main and type zlib ocd into the CLI and copy/paste the result here.

Then run OCD and copy/paste the last few lines here.

sleepy g

thanks much.. here ya go..

> zlib ocd

Copy/paste/modify/enter any of the following lines in the CLI to edit settings:

zlib BaleOCD_Ascension = 60
zlib BaleOCD_DataFile = sleepy g
zlib BaleOCD_EmptyCloset = 0
zlib BaleOCD_EmptyHangks = 0
zlib BaleOCD_MallDangerously = false
zlib BaleOCD_MallMulti = Chillmoore
zlib BaleOCD_MultiMessage = Mall multi dump
zlib BaleOCD_Pricing = auto
zlib BaleOCD_RemoveOutfit = 1
zlib BaleOCD_Sim = false
zlib BaleOCD_Stock = 0
zlib BaleOCD_StockFile = sleepy g
zlib BaleOCD_UseMallMulti = true
zlib har_gen_defaultocd = true
(If no values were shown, no settings or values matched your input text. Type "zlib vars" to see all.)> zlib ocd

Copy/paste/modify/enter any of the following lines in the CLI to edit settings:

zlib BaleOCD_Ascension = 60
zlib BaleOCD_DataFile = sleepy g
zlib BaleOCD_EmptyCloset = 0
zlib BaleOCD_EmptyHangks = 0
zlib BaleOCD_MallDangerously = false
zlib BaleOCD_MallMulti = Chillmoore
zlib BaleOCD_MultiMessage = Mall multi dump
zlib BaleOCD_Pricing = auto
zlib BaleOCD_RemoveOutfit = 1
zlib BaleOCD_Sim = false
zlib BaleOCD_Stock = 0
zlib BaleOCD_StockFile = sleepy g
zlib BaleOCD_UseMallMulti = true
zlib har_gen_defaultocd = true
(If no values were shown, no settings or values matched your input text. Type "zlib vars" to see all.)

-----------

send to mallmulti Chillmoore: 3 white pixel, 2 white snake skin, 2 wussiness potion, 33 Ye Wizard's Shack snack voucher, 2 yellow candy heart, 67 Yummy Tummy bean
Sale price for this line: 0

The message didn't send for some reason.

duct tape (5):
green clay bead (70):
pink clay bead (110):
purple clay bead (19):
Putting on time helmet...
Equipment changed.
Wielding time sword...
Equipment changed.
Holding Loathing Legion moondial...
Equipment changed.
Putting on General Sage's Lonely Diamonds Club Jacket...
Equipment changed.
Putting on time trousers...
Equipment changed.
Putting on dead guy's memento...
Equipment changed.
Putting on fudgecycle...
Equipment changed.

Nothing to do. I foresee no additional meat in your future.

----------

please let me know what else I can do to help.

thanks again!

Winterbay

I think your problem is that duct tape is untradable and as such can't be sent in kmails. Or am I misremembering how untradable and kmail works?

sleepy g

Thanks for the reply.

The last four items (duct tape and the beads) are all reminders, which happen after all the mailing is supposed to take place. Hmm... but maybe it messes things up? Let me try to do something to the duct tape

Well, I did some adventuring and used up the duct tape. Items did get moved to closet and display case, but still no mailing...

Last edited:

sleepy g

I did a fresh install of mafia into a new folder -- using the existing data files, ash files and jar file (v 11208) did a little bit of reconfiguration thru the relay script (just to tell OCD where to send the items) and everything worked fine.

I still have my old setup, if you want to try to figure out what the problem is (was) but I have solved it for myself.

nope, it was during the event, both shirts in invintory, everything already pulled, levels ago.

Told it to put anything more then 2 shirts of each type into the closet (I collect shirts, go figure).

Script is run every night after the days turns.

Eventually I notice that putting on the outfit is failing, I have no pink shirts in invintory. I have to pull them both out of the closet.

A few more days pass.... both shirts are in the closet again.

Seems anything I tell it to keep 2, closet, AND was wearing, iterates until all copies are in the closet.

If it's also selling things when I tell it to keep 2, sell, if I was wearing one, I'll never know. But I will have gotten a good price.

BladeLight

Just a suggestion... add somewhere in the CLI what has been done when clicking 'add default' please. It will sooth many paranoid minds xD

theletterm

Bale, I had the same problem as Sleepy G, basically, it would stop the script before any feedback was given. I tried deleting various pref files, but I ended up having to create a new directory with the existing .jar and OCD script files, and zlib, as well as my char's OCD pref file. However, something interesting happened, which was that I was asked to categorize the little wooden mannequin, which previously it did not see. So my guess is that previously, I had OCD not set to strip all equipment off and would then hang either because it couldn't take it off or recognize it, but in the new folder, it managed to do so (possibly because i didn't carry the Vars file over).

Edit: Ok, did some more testing, the wooden mannequin thing was a symptom, not the cause. It seems the real problem is a line in the Vars file:

"verbosity 0"

The problem was that verbosity was set to 0 instead of 3, but I have no idea what that line does. Something to do with Zlib, i assume? Changing the value to 3 fixed it.

Last edited:

Theraze

That PROBABLY means you're using a REALLY old version of zlib, since Zarqon fixed it a while ago to set back to 3 if it got corrupted...

bundy81881

I just got these things and am encountering an error on autoselling some items. I chose to autosell some stuffed things I get from the klaw machine.

I get this on the CLI:
Items offered up for sale.
autosell 1 stuffed angry cow, 1 stuffed astral badger, 3 stuffed baby gravy fairy, 2 stuffed flaming gravy fairy, 1 stuffed frozen gravy fairy, 1 stuffed hand turkey, 1 stuffed MagiMechTech MicroMechaMech, 1 stuffed scary death orb, 1 stuffed sleazy gravy fairy, 1 stuffed undead elbow macaroni
Total autosale = 130

But they actually don't get autosold.

Perhaps am I doing something wrong on this?

Bale

Minion
I'll try to look at these problems when I can. Right now, I do not have a functional computer of my own. (It is a situation I don't really want to explain.) I gladly accept your sympathy without needing to be told. Thank you for your patience.