OCD Inventory control

Ferdawoon

I just got these things and am encountering an error on autoselling some items. I chose to autosell some stuffed things I get from the klaw machine.

I get this on the CLI:
Items offered up for sale.
autosell 1 stuffed angry cow, 1 stuffed astral badger, 3 stuffed baby gravy fairy, 2 stuffed flaming gravy fairy, 1 stuffed frozen gravy fairy, 1 stuffed hand turkey, 1 stuffed MagiMechTech MicroMechaMech, 1 stuffed scary death orb, 1 stuffed sleazy gravy fairy, 1 stuffed undead elbow macaroni
Total autosale = 130

But they actually don't get autosold.

Perhaps am I doing something wrong on this?

Do other things get sold? Do other things get sent to the mall?
I think something similar happened to me once, and that was because I was still in a non-combat and either Mafia or the script did not notice this. The script tried to sell and push things into the Mall and the values in Mafia was altered accordingly, but since I was still in that non-combat none of he actions actually happened.
Just refreshing the inventory, leaving the non-combat, and re-running solved everything :D

bundy81881

No I was not mid any adventure or anything. I had all of my adventures used, time trappings put on and ready for rollover.

Another thing I noticed was the keeping of items. Perhaps I may have done this wrong too but I chose to keep 1 drink me potion and mall the rest but it keeps auto mall-ing them.

Other than that it's quite great. Got rid of a lot of useless stuff that usually takes me an hour to do at times.

Bale

Minion
Could you attach OCDdata_<character name>.txt to this thread so that I can see exactly what it thinks it is doing?

eegee

Found a (KoLmafia) bug: OCD tried to sell my fire axe for 1,500 meat instead of current lowest mall price which was 750,000 meat. This happened because mafia is returning 1,500 meat (instead of commendations) for cheapest fire axe.

Bale

Minion
I think that Veracity just fixed that.

r11358 | veracity0 | 2012-08-04 09:07:27 -0400 (Sat, 04 Aug 2012) | 4 lines

When searching mall and returning results in a list of strings (as in the
searchmall CLI command or the price analysis in the Store Manager), omit
Coinmaster prices, rather than listing the price as "3 Meat".

Bale

Minion
Added a long standing feature request:

OCD Inventory Control Updated!
Relay OCD db Manager Updated!

• New Feature: You can set a minimum price to mall an item. This is optional.
  • Moved "break apart" bricko items from dispose tab to use tab.
    It seemed appropriate since you turn them into other items.
  • Fixed a bug with adding items that have quotes in their name.

For each item, you can now set a minimum sale price for adding to the mall. OCD will thereafter use that price or the current mall value, whichever is greater. You can enter that price in the "... information" box of the add items tab, or else change/add it in the Mall tab in the "Edit Database" section where it is a new field.

Last edited:
I was having problems with my OCD failing to send to my mall multi, and when I didn't find an answer here I just started playing around with it.

It looks like the problem happens when I am trying to send an item to my mall multi that I have in my inventory and also in my closet (i haven't tried it with the DC or Hagnks).
I figured it out today when I emptied my closet and re-ran the OCD script. It ran perfectly and sent to the multi as it was supposed to. I don't have time to do any more poking around until tonight, but is it possible that the script is seeing the items in both places but lacks the ability to pull from the closet?

Bale

Minion
To help me understand this, please tell me: Did you check the box to "Take items from the closet whenever needed"?

yep, the box is checked!

I just tested it again to make sure. I put 3 twinkly wads in my closet and left 3 in my bag, ran OCD, and it failed to send the message to my multi.

EDIT: the CLI showed that it was trying to mail 6 wads as well.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I have to admit I never tested any of this script with that box checked, so that is probably the problem. I'll take another look at it tonight.

never checked it?!? what a slacker!!

heh heh, j/k. it's an interesting problem, but don't sweat it too much. it works just fine as long as I don't change my OCD sort list and forget to move the item that I changed.

let me know what you find!

EDIT: I just did the twinkly wad test again with the "take items from closet" box unchecked and there was no problem. It ignored the items in my closet and sent the ones in my inventory, so that is clearly the issue. is there a way to get the script to remove items from the closet before trying to send them?

Bale

Minion
EDIT: I just did the twinkly wad test again with the "take items from closet" box unchecked and there was no problem. It ignored the items in my closet and sent the ones in my inventory, so that is clearly the issue. is there a way to get the script to remove items from the closet before trying to send them?

I'm sure there's a way to fix that. I'm just being lazy right now. I'll look into this issue by-and-bye as soon as other things aren't distracting me.

Bale

Minion
I have had a host of problems dealing with preferences like "Take items from the closet whenever needed". You'd be surprised how much trouble that gives me. I found the cause of this bug, but I am going to need a bit of time to convince myself that this fix does not cause another bug. Once I'm reasonably confident I've got the best fix for the bug I'll post my new version here for you to test.

Last edited:
Yeah, I actually tried to keep everything in my inventory for a couple of days. I got all shaky, and my upper lip was sweating profusely. When i started to hallucinate, I realized I couldn't take it any longer and re-stuffed the closet. Oh woe is me.

Winterbay

Well, you need to go to the SmahsLib thread and download a newer version (they are in posts at the end of the thread).