OCD Inventory control

stmccull

I was also getting the missing database that Ferdawoon was describing. I don't know if this is a solution, or a fluke, but I went to the "add items" menu (and there was told that everything I had was categorized), and then I could edit the database. So, make what you want of that :)

stmccull

On further testing (my browser crashed, so nothing got saved, so I got the same error again..) I think it might be me clicking on the "items to stock" tab (which does have stuff) which allowed me to update the database.

Ferdawoon

I think what he said it, if you classified your 122 items that aren't in that file so that there are no unknown items, restart mafia, and try it again, then it should fail... right?
Something like that. As long as I have at least one item not classified, I can use the Edit Database subcategories. If they are all sorted, then they all send me to the Informaion tab.

Also, you dont have to restart Mafia, just restart the relay script (I went to my character window in the webbrowser just to make sure I got a reload of the relay and not just a return-to-start kind of thing).
If I added my last item that session of the relay script, everything worked. If I restarted it with everything categorized then it failed.

Ferdawoon

On further testing (my browser crashed, so nothing got saved, so I got the same error again..) I think it might be me clicking on the "items to stock" tab (which does have stuff) which allowed me to update the database.
Yup, this do work for me as well. I checked if the Edit Database subcategrories worked just now, and it sent me back to Information. I clicked the Add tab and tried again, still sent me to Information.
I then did what stmccull said and clicked the Items to Stock-tab and let it load the images. Now I can use the Edit Database subcategories.

Restarting OCD relay again (Mafia had stopped in a combat so I finished it and restarted the relay) I have the same problem and it send me to Information again. It seems I need to "fix" it on a per-session-of-loading-the-relay-script basis. Dunno what it is that cause it thappen =S

EDIT:
Just tried the old relay script on my stationary computer. It all worked and I could move around between the Edit Database swubcategories without a problem even though no items were uncategorized. I updated to the newest version and now I have the same problem as I did on my old laptop, where I cant enter the subcategories if I have all my items added to the list.

Last edited:

CoupleK

I love this script very much, thanks for making it Bale!

I have one idea for a feature (begging your pardon if this has already been discussed.)
It would be nice to be able to highlight in different colors whether items are untradeable, undiscardable, or both. I'm looking for a quick visual way to scan over these items to double-check that I'm doing the right things with them. (What happened was I noticed I was pulverising some hard to obtain untradeable equipment, and now i'm paranoid I'm missing some other similar slip-up, and it would be nice to have a way to look for items with special tags as a quick check.)

Bale

Minion
That has not been discussed before.

I comprehend your concern although I wouldn't want to implement something that makes the interface cluttered or confusing. I'm not sure how this should be implemented. Perhaps a red warning color on "Pulverize" in the drop-down for untradeable equipment? Can colors be changed for a single item in a drop-down?

Fwoosh

Is it possible to get the script to map to a shared OCD_Data file?

I have a 2 multis and I'd like them to share their OCD_Data. Currently I have to copy over the OCD_Data file from one client to the other.....

Bale

Minion
Yeah... in the options, you can set the OCD_<name> for your file. I used Shared, and it shows up in the variables file like so:

Just be careful. There is a button there to change the map's name without changing the contents of the new map. If you use the regular save button it will save your current OCD data under that name, overwriting the contents of the original DataFile_Shared

Theraze

True... yeah, if you aren't just editing the vars_<name> file, be sure you just change the mapping without overwriting. As he said. Will avoid much sad pain. :)

Bale

Minion
OCD Inventory Control Updated!
Relay OCD db Manager Updated!

• Feature added for CoupleK:
    In the relay db Manager, stuff that can be pulverized, but not traded will now have the word "Pulverize" highlighted in red to warn you that selecting it might be bad.

• Fixed yet another bug with figuring quantities of items in closet and terrarium when figuring out how many to OCD. I think it will finally work properly now. Closeting stuff to keep them away from PvPing revealed this issue to me.

I'm thinking of adding an option to automatically closet anything PvP steal-able over a user determined value. Should I add that or simply allow people to use THIS handy script. I'm a little divided on whether this feature really needs to be added into OCD so I'm curious to hear what others say before making my decision. OCD is already so darn feature heavy that this might actually make it unnecessarily confusing in its actions.

Fwoosh

Yeah... in the options, you can set the OCD_<name> for your file. I used Shared, and it shows up in the variables file like so:

Yes I have both files share the same name (e.g both use OCDdata_Account1), however is there anyway to map it to that specific folder? (I have separate folders for all my KoLMafia clients) So for example, I'm on my Account2(C:\Desktop\KOLMafia - Account2) and I want to read the OCD file from Account1. (C:\Desktop\KOLMafia - Account1\data\OCData_Account1.txt)

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia will never allow scripts to affect things outside of the folder it's contained in (maybe more restrictive than that? I'm not too sure) for security reasons.

Perhaps something like this will help you.

Theraze

Yeah... if you're going to make a symbolic link though, you're going to need to make it specifically to the file, not the folder... something like:
mklink "c:\desktop\kolmafia - account1\data\OCData_Account1.txt" "c:\desktop\kolmafia - account2\data\OCData_Account1.txt"
assuming, of course, that your desktop is actually on the root of C, as you said.

Ferdawoon

Hmm, maybe more of a question or a feature-request but, if I tick the boxs in the Crafting list, to only use what I already have and not buy stuff, the ticked boxes seem to stay ticked for a while. But after a while they resturn back to not-ticked. Are they still "purchase protected" in the list and this is just graphical? Restarting the relay by going to the inventory and then start it again, the boxes stay ticked. Restarting Mafia seems to clear it though. If I tick them all again and save, they stay ticked for that session.

Also, still having trouble where I cant enter the Edit Database subcategories if I do not have any items to add or without first opening the Items to Stock list. Using the latest relay, latest hourly Mafia build and using Chrome 18.0.somethingsomething. It seems that it need to load an item in some way before it want to go to the subcategories (if I have an item uncategorized it will load Add Item and load that item, if I go to Stock items, it load those items). It could just as well be a coincidence but, well, thought I'd mention my thoughts =)

Bale

Minion
I recommend clicking save after ticking the boxes.

For the second issue: Perhaps it is a Chrome problem. I don't use Chrome. That would explain why it does not happen for me. If anyone can figure out how to fix that I'd be willing to include their code, but I'm not likely to start using Chrome. Having three browsers installed on my system is enough for me and the way that much unrelated software wants to install Chrome unless I purposefully change the default install setting annoys the heck out of me so I'm boycotting it.

It's actually hard to keep Chrome off my system, but the challenge makes success rewarding.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
much unrelated software wants to install Chrome

<veer> And now we know why there are emerging reports showing that more web users browse with Chrome than IE based upon recent statistics. Of course, have you ever tried to get (and keep) IE off of a system? </veer>

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
<veer> And now we know why there are emerging reports showing that more web users browse with Chrome than IE based upon recent statistics. Of course, have you ever tried to get (and keep) IE off of a system? </veer>

Of course, it tends to be much more difficult to completely get IE off of a Windows box, since even Windows Explorer (y'know, your file manager -- that GUI-thingy that you use to view folders?) is a form of IE. :p

Bale

Minion

I'm well aware of the resemblance. I don't use IE either. At least IE is an integral and expected part of the software when I install windows. Chrome is installed if you simply fail to pay attention to the terms of unrelated software.